Sign in to follow this  
hev

respite startsnext week

lady came to see steve and respite starts every thursday from 4 till 7 :D i feel like there is light at the end of the tunnel,the first week she taking him to a gym type club then after that,pictures,bowling etc.

its been a long time coming but thanks for all your encouragement when i felt like giving up with social services,you kept me strong,i mean that

So is next Thursday the first??

If tonight, hope it went well, if next, hope it goes well... Hows S about it? Looking forward to it??

Felt like giving up with those lovely people from social services? Heaven Forbid! never heard of such a thing! :lol::lol::lol:;)

L&P

BD :D

no first one is next week,steve is looking foward to it,the lady who taking him works at a special school near us,she seems very nice,im really hoping it goes well.

That's great, hope it goes well. When it works it's great...you've waited a long time for this so try not to feel guilty when he goes out. It'll do you both good. :D

It's good to hear something positive about SS actually helping someone for a change. That's brill news.

I'm still hoping but not holding my breath. I hope he enjoys it!

>:D<<'> That is fantastic news Hev. My son goes out with his respite worker and they do mostly non costly stuff, fishing, visit to beach etc the thing he does which costs the most is swimming and that's 50p.

I hope Steve has a good time, i'm sure he will >:D<<'>

well done for getting it too >:D<<'>

Well done, funny how funding is found in the end if you persist! Just one word of advice - make sure you do something for you when Steve is out. Do not use the time to go to Tescos/clean the bathroom/dig the garden/paint the kitchen etc etc. Have a long bath/dye your hair/watch a film and eat chocolate. Take care and enjoy, love Kat

Excellent news, hev, hope it works really well for you both. :D

I totally agree with Katkin, though, don't use the time to catch up with the hoovering, take the time to do something nice for yourself, you deserve it. >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

well he went on thursday,went swimming and really enjoyed it :dance::dance: they going bowling next week,he like the woman who comes and he looked really happy when he got back :D

:thumbs: That's great news, you certainly need the break, I hope you did something nice even if it was absolutely nothing !!!

Hope you don't mind me asking but did Steve have an opportunity to meet the lady before she took him out and have a chance to build a bit of a realtionship?, its only that I imagine my Con taking one look and saying "I am not going with her"

Anyway I hope it continues to go well and its fantastic that he enjoyed himself, seeing your child returning home with a smile is the best therapy :D

Clare x

So glad it went well. Will it be the same lady each time? It's so important to have consistency isn't it?

And well done for getting the respite in the first place!