Siadwell

Annoyed

Our ds came home from school today (first day back after the break) and was told by one of the teachers that he would be losing points for poor hand writing. The teacher told him that he has a review coming up and how would his parents feel. Well not too bad we hear you say, the teacher is trying to motivate him, BUT, our ds attends a special school, has a diagnosis of AS and also Dyspraxia :angry: , so along with other things that happened today (namely bullying) we are pretty stressed out, and a tad angry. Calm,calm,calm...

Absaloutly disgusting, all this will do is make your wee one not bother trying, My own son has had this treatment from his previous school, it makes me soo MAD that Teachers can say this, ggrrr, the damage is irpairable, it stains for years, J actually has neat handwriting when copying, but independant its messy and mistakes in the spelling, but at least he tried and he had a go, with knowing he may get told off.

J wouldnt write for months on end until the school he attends now got to the bottom of why he wouldnt even try and when they got told he was told off and even punished they where astonished.

This treatment your child has recieved is Discrimination, and the school is dispicable, I know I would have to remove my child from a school with such appauling behaviour.

complain, and what a terrible start to the half term.

JsMum

:(:(

My sons special school never ever picks him up on his rather messy handwriting...in fact the kids who have problems are encouraged to use the computer because they find that easier than holding a pen.............

Siadwell, I'm not surprised you are angry, it's just unacceptable for the school to be putting this kind of pressure on your lad. When a child is trying and doing his best, then that should be applauded and not criticized because it's not deemed to be up to someone else's standard. :o

It's also not fair to be making your lad feel that his parents will be disappointed with his work, that's just not on! I'd be furious if I felt my child was being told that I would be anything less than proud of his efforts, I'm feeling very cross on your behalf, actually. :angry:

Will you talk to the teacher about it do you think?

Take care. Hope the rest of the week is better for you. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

This is completely unacceptable. It seems like attitudes haven't improved since I was at school. These teachers are obnoxious scum. There was a time at school when I refused to produce any written work because my self esteem was damaged by the teachers refusing to accept work because the handwriting wasn't good enough.

That's outrageous. I'd be having words and pointing out that this is not the way to handle things. How dare they speak to kiddo like that!

Caroline.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> that is discusting no wonder u r mad i would be how can they say those things id be having words with them goodluck hope u get things sorted love donnaxx

steves writing is not good but its never mentioned which im pleased about,how can some teachers be so stupid and cruel,no wonder you are angry,i would be too

How awful for Steve to be bullied by people who should know better. No wonder you are so angry. At a recent meeting at my son's secondary mainstream school they give me a list of proposed strategies to help in the classroom one being "If Connor's writing is poor use a laptop or scribe" his writing is not too brilliant but we have no complaints yet, but I thought that was very good of them to consider this as a potential problem. Wonder if they will provide the lap top !!!!! LOL