im really fed up at the mo my ds1 is going through a difficult patch at the minute. He has changed school and is now getting transport and we had a few changes at home which i think has contributed to his behaviour but he is getting so difficult to manage. He is constantly hitting his brothers and me, spitting and screaming its just taking over our lives. He is also behaving badly at school and getting into scraps :fight: He always goes through phases like this but it just seems to get worse each time.

I always try my best to understand him but i just had one of my only friends round and she ended up going home :crying: because my 3yr old was being soooo naughty. Im just so sick of it all he is only copying his older bro but i just dont know how to stop it all. I hardly have any friends as it is and i feel upset and embarrased by my 3yr NT lad even though its not his fault. He is still too young to understand about his older bro just yet.

I have asked for help with managing ds1 behaviour and got nowhere but now he is getting older and stronger and i want to be able to manage it.

Well moan over just do what we all have to and get on with it :tearful:

Brooke

Aw, so sorry, brooke, can't do much but offer some of these >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I hope your friend understands about your little one's behaviour, I know you must be feeling rotten at the mo. Really hope that your lad settles soon.

Hang in there hun. >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

Brooke, sorry to read things are not improving :( You know I'm here if you need me >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Our youngest dd is being very challenging of late, and its making me feel low too :( Your not alone and thinking of you, take care x

Thanks Mel and Bagpuss

At least we all understand on here :D Your kind words really help. Just wish we all lived closer together :(

Brooke

Wish I could suggest something Brooke but kind of out of my depth. Hope a >:D<<'> will help

Sorry to hear you're feeling down Brooke. I hope it's just a phase.

My son (ds1) changed school last January so just over a year ago and it was a very hard time and it did last a while. His behaviour really flared up and he'd cry and tantrum every morning saying he had the wrong uniform on. He has finally settled and we are so glad we moved him now but there were many times we felt terrible for moving him.

I also have a 3 yr old who copies and I'm worn out with him at the minute! After ds#1 I thought I could handle any behaviour but ds#2 has proved me wrong. I posted a few weeks ago in despair after he scratched 3 children at soft play - luckily there's been nothing like that again but lots of tantrums and it's exhausting!

Take Care x

PS - you live near me, I'm happy to meet up sometime if you fancy.

Edited by jlp

Hi Brooke

Just wanted to add my hugs to you.

I am also going through one of the troughs at the moment. My 4 YO Ds, still too young to understand, will also copy her bro's behaviour and it is sooooo horrid to see isnt it. I keep having to talk to her about not hitting/pushing her friends at nursery at the moment. I know that all kids go through phases like this, but it is so not her nature. She also talks about death and killing a lot and says horrible things like, I dont want to be with your daughter anymore.....................etc. All echoes of her brothers behaviour and words. Most of the time i can cope with it, but when it spills over in public with her - I feel I just cant stand it.

I dont have any advice or anything helpful for you except to say - I understand and truly hope that an up phase is not far around the corner >:D<<'>

Look after you

Phoebe

I hope things get better for you soon. >:D<<'>

I think you also deserve one of these :notworthy: just for being a parent of an autistic child. I've seen how hard it could be in a school, don't think I could cope with it all hours of the day, every day. Even more so as you have other young children to look after too.

I wish there was someway to help but all I can do is wish you the best of luck. Once again hope things improve soon. You certainly deserve it.

EDIT: That goes for everyone who is looking after an autistic child. I believe you all should have so much more recognition for the things you manage to do.

Edited by David Matthew Baker

Sounds like a tough day and you need some of these. >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Real friends will stick around. Difficult I know, but can you have some time with them away from your children?

If your son is feeling unsettled, I hope things calm down soon when he gets used to the new routines.

hang in there,

K x

Brooke hi - your certainly not alone. my 4 yr old copies an awful lot of what his brother does too, I have told school this lots of times but they don't seem to take it on board.

I rarely see freinds when I've got the kids with me it's just to stressfull, one of my freinds used to come round with her kids and they used to just behave so we could have a conversation - well no chance doing that with mine :( . Sometimes it makes me upset and embarrassed but then I always think if the situations were reversed I'm sure I'd be a lot more understanding in the freinds position, IYKWIM.

I have a couple of freinds who live in other parts of the country adn they have asked so many times for us to visit with the kids but I just can't face it, when I try to explain I'm sure they just think I'm avoiding them or something to the point where I think they have felt quite offended. :( They just can't understand what it's like, they always seem convinced that they can work some magic and the kids won't be that bad after all' but believeme I know different but they make me feel like I'm over protective and exaggerating.

I suppose I should go one day just to proove it to them - they would soon change their minds eh? :bat:

Hang in there - hopefully you will have a better day soon and it won't seem so dreadful. In the meantime... >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Luv Witsend.

sending u loads of these >:D<<'> >:D<<'> weired but it feels like i have written yr thread know exactly how u feel reece is going through a rough patch at the moment and shan copys him is really hard sounds awful but visit friends wen kids at school!! sorry no words of wisdom just goodluck love donnaxxxxxxxxxxx

>:D<<'> Hi Brooke

Really do feel for you as my ds2 is hitting kicking and scratching me all the time. My eldest boy is afraid to be in the same room with him. I have very few real friends left which feels so sad as I I've never needed support more, so I really know what you mean. Sending you loads of hugs - have to go as guess who is screaing in his room!!

love Elun >:D<<'> >:D<<'>