jlp

We've been offered a house

We've been offered a 3 bed house :thumbs: In a nice enough area (still scary moving as we're in a very small, 'safe' feeling, village like estate now) with 3 beds and wait for it...a downstairs toilet!

I'm so chuffed and panicking! Ridiculously the tenancy will start on Monday (we only viewed it today) which is going to be expensive as it will mean paying 2 lots of rent as there's no way we could do it that quickly. G (my 7yr old with AS) who I expected to be a problem, loves the new house (it has cupboards, he loves small spaces, haven't broke the news that I'll be filling them yet :whistle: ) and my NT 3 yr old is the one worrying about moving. He wants to 'stay in number one six'. Mind you this child gets upset if we move as much as a picture on the wall. Dp is fretting and not very keen but has agreed we will take it.

We have so much to move - last time I moved I had nothing!

I don't even know where to start!

The toilet is really the icing on the cake as I thought if we moved we have to see if there was somewhere to get one plumbed in. G really can't go to the toilet alone (frightened) and this has spread to ds#2 so I'm up and down to the toilet many, many times a day - nightmare when dp's on nights as we all have to go together (G is frightened to stay downstairs by himself) and they're so noisy.

And it has an airing cupboard, I've really missed having somewhere to put the towels :rolleyes:

So much to do and the boys are off school this week and next.

Edited by jlp

Oh JPL that's so exciting I am really pleased for you .....sounds like you''ll have your work cut out for you the next few days, shame you don't have more chance to sort all your stuff out and then perhaps you would not have to fill all those cupboards. Try to keep cool and enjoy the move.... just keep thinking of that God send of a downstairs loo.

Good luck

Clare x >:D<<'>

We've been offered a 3 bed house :thumbs: In a nice enough area (still scary moving as we're in a very small, 'safe' feeling, village like estate now) with 3 beds and wait for it...a downstairs toilet!

I'm so chuffed and panicking! Ridiculously the tenancy will start on Monday (we only viewed it today) which is going to be expensive as it will mean paying 2 lots of rent as there's no way we could do it that quickly. G (my 7yr old with AS) who I expected to be a problem, loves the new house (it has cupboards, he loves small spaces, haven't broke the news that I'll be filling them yet :whistle: ) and my NT 3 yr old is the one worrying about moving. He wants to 'stay in number one six'. Mind you this child gets upset if we move as much as a picture on the wall. Dp is fretting and not very keen but has agreed we will take it.

We have so much to move - last time I moved I had nothing!

I don't even know where to start!

The toilet is really the icing on the cake as I thought if we moved we have to see if there was somewhere to get one plumbed in. G really can't go to the toilet alone (frightened) and this has spread to ds#2 so I'm up and down to the toilet many, many times a day - nightmare when dp's on nights as we all have to go together (G is frightened to stay downstairs by himself) and they're so noisy.

And it has an airing cupboard, I've really missed having somewhere to put the towels :rolleyes:

So much to do and the boys are off school this week and next.

that is so lovely for you. It seems there will be more room, so you can make a big issue of what their own special places will be with their individual toys and things.

When Hev moved house we were really excited but because Steve had spent so long near me and his grandad he wanted to be over on this estate all the time, however I believe your children are younger so they will settle in better. Steven had got to knew a lot of boys on the estate and he wanted to keep coming over and be like them. It is better having a downstairs toilet. Hev loved planning where she was going to put things and her and Nick doing up the new garden. So I wish you the best of luck in your new home. xx :robbie::robbie:

Hope it all goes well jlp :thumbs: I always have a good clear out when we move....it's amazing the amount of stuff which we no longer use. Both dd's sorted their rooms out at the weekend and filled 10 black bags full of toys/books/games etc for the charity shop....hooray.....save me packing it all when we move (house on the market at the mo) We have a downstairs loo aswell. It's a godsend, as dd struggles with the stairs, getting tired etc, and also has probs wiping her bottom.

Take care

Woohoo, great news jlp! You will find a downstairs loo an absolute boon - J used to spend hours going through his routines in ours & I could sit within earshot reading a magazine! :lol:

so pleased for you :dance::dance::dance: i love my downstairs toilet too!!! it will be hectic for you but once you move in and things settle down you will love it :thumbs::thumbs: i was scared too of moving but when i saw my neighbours faces when we all turned up screaming and shouting i realised they were scared of us :lol::lol:

I'm really pleased for you, it will be so much easier for you!

We are still waiting, after 3 years being on the housing list, they think Kyle is low priority medical need despite him getting higher rate DLA. We are now sleeping in the dining room as he needed his own bedroom as he trashed all DS1's stuff.

Hooray for downstairs toilets!! :notworthy:

Vicky

xx

Thank you Vicky.

I hope your turn comes soon or you win the lottery so can tell them to sod their house and buy your own!

Is their an appeal process to the 'low priority' assessment? We were originally assessed as not in any priority whatsoever and I appealed and contacted a local councillor (who in reality didn't need to do anything but was prepared to if we didn't get the medical priority this time). I enclosed some reports including a very worrying one from the Child and Family Unit and this scary report seemed to work for us.

I've found appealing and appealing and appealing again does actually work - we also won a DLA appeal after being turned down for high rate mobility and turned down again when they reviewed this. Discovered a talent for complaining too!

It's easier said than done though when you are worn out and trying to cope day to day.

Hope you are well (I don't go on the other site much these days), it must be getting near the time for your new addition :)

Janice