Sign in to follow this  
carrieq

DLA Have Lost My Claim

I sent off my renewal DLA claim last month and thought I would phone today to see how it was getting on. I was told they haven't received it. Luckily I sent it recorded delivery so have a copy of the signature of it being received by the DLA office. Unluckily I didn't copy it as I needed to get it off quick.

Will I need to fill it out again, does anyone know??? The DLA were very non-specific and said they needed to check that they had received it before they could let me know what would happen next.

This is the last thing I need to do just now, I am trying very hard to finish off a 10,000 word assignment

Has this happened to anyone else and what did you do??

Carrie

I sent off my renewal DLA claim last month and thought I would phone today to see how it was getting on. I was told they haven't received it. Luckily I sent it recorded delivery so have a copy of the signature of it being received by the DLA office. Unluckily I didn't copy it as I needed to get it off quick.

Will I need to fill it out again, does anyone know??? The DLA were very non-specific and said they needed to check that they had received it before they could let me know what would happen next.

This is the last thing I need to do just now, I am trying very hard to finish off a 10,000 word assignment

Has this happened to anyone else and what did you do??

Carrie

:robbie:

Hi and OMG they are at it again are they ???

How annoying.

If you go to AOL MESSAGE BOARDS, click on Parenting then onto (Special needs) I am certain I remember someone else this happened too, (recently too) they also put in a complaint and received compensation from the DLA. You can always put your message on there and I am sure someone will get back to you about this, maybe the person who this did happen to, she will advise you what to do from here.

The very best of luck, please let me know how you get on.

Luv Di xxx :thumbs:

If I come across it in the meantime I will get back to you and let you know ok.

after wrongly sending out renewal forms as it was said to be no way near date,they lost them to,and staff at home had to write all out again.

but after staff sent that one off,they said the first one was not lost.

they had also stopped the DLA because all the messing about and not knowing it had got lost made it too late.

The lady on the AOL board says she was told they have a "search" every Friday, to see what things they can find. It seems they quite often misplace things!

Karen

I called yesterday and ended up speaking to a lady in the valuable section which is where recorded delivery stuff goes to. She seemed very uninterested and non-commital as to when someone would start looking for it and kept telling me she doesn't make the rules. She said I would probably have to fill it out again as it is coming closer to the renewal date if I want my claim processed. I will be keeping in daily contact with them to try to encourage them to look a bit harder!!

It is really quite a thought that so little care is taken of official forms and confidential reports by a government department

Anyway fingers crossed!!

Carrie

Can you remember everything that you wrote about your child?? Because I heard that sometimes they do this and 'pretend' they have lost a form to try and catch people out. Im sure this is not the case with you but it's worth baring in mind.

Goodluck!!

caroline