Sign in to follow this  
Cariad

Feeling very worn down and tearful

We hired the Ed Pysch's wife as our advocate for the tribunal. I really think she has a problem with me, we have discussed when it is etc etc and how i used to be with IPSEA but they won't represent us so we have hired her. Then she sends out a questionare with all these same questions, also wanting another copy of the statement which her Ed Pysch husband already has.

We have 15 days and she hasn't even started :crying: , plus wants �1000 upfront. I have spoken to her in the past and have been very weighed down and got a few dates wrong and was quite panicky. I said to her before about hiring her but we couldn't afford it, now we are i feel she is being contrary.

Also i phoned the headmaster of the school i want my child to go to and he said they have no spaces and are "oversubscribed". I told him i will still name his school and go to Tribunal, i said it's not as if i can call it all off and have him home and having no education. So far we have spent over �3000.

Also is there anyway of getting some of these costs back? We are in so much debt :crying:

Oh Cariad, You really sound as though you are having a rough time >:D<<'> It's appalling that a family has to get into debt to get their child a decent education :angry: Have you considered the local press? Not sure where you can get financial help though. Have you or you partner been in HM Forces?

At such a late date it might be hard to find someone else to attend the tribunal, bt I am not sure I would want to go with someone who is not 100% on my side :wallbash: Do you have a local ASD support group? Or maybe NAS could help? Sorry if you have tried these things, I am newe here so not sure of whats happened already.

Keep smilin

Elly

She sounds a liability Cariad and asking for money up frount sounds dodgy and not ethical. You need the ed psych though so I dont see what you can do.

What does the law society say about payments in advance is it against their code of practice?

Hi Cariad,

I don't know what to suggest, but I do know my own solicitor wnated 1,000 on day or before hand and 1,000 after so far she's only had �500. My solicitor also left everything to the last minute and had me panicking like mad. I don't know if they do it this way so it's fresh in their heads or if they just can't be bothered to be prepared in advance. I had no confidence in my representation and didn't win. I think if you feel you have no confidence it may be worth looking elsewhere, although time is obviously a big factor right now.

I contacted the Children's Legal Service recently to ask if they could get a barrister check my tribunal decision as i couldn't afford another �1,000 and in the end they said they would, it may be worth giving them a call and tell them how serious it is with deadlines, they may just be able to help you.

I am not sure if here is anyway you can get your money back, altogether mine should of cost �5,000 so far and I owe out alot and it's sill on-going. It's awful we do have to pay I guess in some ways I am lucky at least I get legal aid but for all of us going through it, it's just not fair and I think this is what Local Authority's play on the financial implications to us.

Give the children's legal services a call and see if they can help, take care and I hope you get something sorted >:D<<'>

Can you believe Lord Adonis is saying it's free to go to tribunal!!! What a joke!!

We spent over �5,000 on assessments for our tribunal, we couldn't really afford a solicitor as well so we decided to do it ourselves. I thought we had a very good case, plus she hadn't made any progress academically in all 3 core subjects in the year she'd had her statement. No progress whatsoever in reading and maths for 2 years. What could be plainer?

What conclusion did the tribunal come to?

13 hrs support = no progress - conclusion = she doesn't need any more help :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Tribunals are such an emotional rollercoaster >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Try to stay strong. Does she have much experience of tribunals? Is the Ed Psych coming to the tribunal as well? If I remember rightly from earlier posts I think you said your Ed Psych was really good. Does he has a lot of experience at tribunals working with his wife as a team? It could be an advantage. You're in an awkward position, if you decide not to have the wife you may lose the husband.

Good Luck whatever you decide.

Also i phoned the headmaster of the school i want my child to go to and he said they have no spaces and are "oversubscribed". I told him i will still name his school and go to Tribunal, i said it's not as if i can call it all off and have him home and having no education. So far we have spent over �3000.

You need to check with IPSEA. If the school is an independent school, you cannot go to Tribunal to ask for a place there, as they do not have one - the Tribunal has no power to force an independent school to take your child if it is already full. If it is an LEA school - in certain circumstances the Tribunal can force them to take an extra child - but it depends if they are already over their set number.

Karen