Sign in to follow this  
JenRose

Finished Case statement for tribunal

Got tribunal coming up on 20th June and finished case statement today.

IPSEA told me on thursday that its likely i CAN have a rep to come with me as i have AS and need help with understanding

language etc.

So i have just finished the statement, reread it all and i feel a mixture of sadness and real anger at the way M has been treated.

Ive kept copies of everything from 2 years ago when he first came out of school, how the LEA tried to say it was our fault, that it was problems at home, then CAMHS got involved and backed us up but wouldnt dx M as he was out of school, we went private and the LEA tried to discredit our private psych, they then wrote to the consultant (NHS) behind our backs asking her opinion on M,s special needs, she said he didnt fit the criteria for ASD.

Cue lots of threats of court action and meetings about meetings that didnt acheive anything, we wrote to the NHS psych and asked her what she was playing at and she has now DX,d M with PDD.

LEA are refusing to put PDD as Part 2 and wont quantity/specify hours/provision even though M has been out of school for 20months, they want us to put him back into mainstream with a TA who isnt experienced and he only has a year left until high school.

When i saw it all in black and white whats happened i felt so angry i cried, but i need to turn my anger into something productive.

Its like a DLA form thats lasted weeks, pouring over M,s problems and highlighting them so he can hopefully get provision.

The LEA are refusing to arrange a visit to the independent schools but im hoping the tribunal will make them.

i think we have put a strong case together, i dont know who the LEA will call as a witness cos M hasnt been to school for getting on 2 years, they could call his home tutor but given that M has shown aggresive behaviour in her presence and she,s documented it in her evidence for the statement i dont think we will have much trouble with her.

theres nothing more i can do now, he,ll either get a place in a special school or not and probably stay at home, but im hoping he will go back to school cos i want/need a life now :tearful:

Well done JenRose, and good news that IPSEA have found you a rep. It's awful having to rake over all the past difficulties once again, isn't it. Hope you manage to have a bit of a rest from it all for a while, before the next phase.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

K x

Jenrose

I always feel awful after doing things that mean looking very carefully at little ps needs. Our kids are very dear to us. But unfortunartley to get them the help we need involves means we have to look at the negative / disabled side rather than the child we know and love.

Beind different is part of who little p is, without that difference it would be another child -a stranger living in our house and I wouldnt like that. Even if its hard sometimes.

Well done you for getting the case done. I am really pleased ipsea rep can go with you now. It will help a lot on the day.

Now go and do something nice and chill you deserve it! :thumbs::thumbs:

Really hope things go in your favour next month. Well done for getting everything prepared. You deserve a break. >:D<<'>

Well done for getting it done.

I am in a similar situation putting the final touches to an official complaint - wondering how it has come to this.

I'm gald you will have support from IPSEA and hope that all works out well.

When i saw it all in black and white whats happened i felt so angry i cried, but i need to turn my anger into something productive.

You are so right. Channel all your rage and frustration into a weapon that you can use to get what you both need. Both you and M are entitled to a better quality of life, and focusing on a target is so much better than bewilderment and despair. You can beat the paperwork and the jargon.

Keep us posted!

Jenrose you are in the position we are in now. The NHS/LEA professionals won't help you with your child as they are siding with the LEA. Thats why we have had to get everything independant at huge cost. Our casework has to be in June 1st so it's a race against time here.

All i can suggest is to keep a clear head and fight for your rights for M. Hopefully they will see that at the Tribunal and you will win! Good luck.