hev

baddad would be proud of me

im so rubbish on computers,baddad does my little piccies for me etc but last night i got this forum on my mobile phone :dance::dance::dance: i still not sussed it properly but i managed to post :thumbs:

so i will be on here even more now,when im on the bus,toilet,bath, :lol::lol:

badds old buddy,are you proud of me? :pray::pray: please say you are,my life would be complete if i had your praise :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

note to mods:could there be a new emotion for when im feeling lovey towards baddad :notworthy::notworthy::lol::lol:

also need one for when i find him so not funny :rolleyes:

:unsure:
Even more?

On the BUS?? :wacko:

In the BATH??? :blink::blink:

On the BOG??? :hypno::hypno::hypno::ph34r::ph34r::o

Ooer missus!

Seriously, hev - well done!

Here is the list of things I'VE learnt to do with my mobile phone -

1 - Answer it.

Short list, isn't it? And I only get that right about fifty percent of the time.
I can't even find my OWN number on it - when people ask me i get them to tell me theirs, then i phone them, then they store it from the 'recall' on their phones! it's a pointless exercise anyway, 'cos i never have it with me/switched on.
As for texting! :angry:

200 years ago morse code was the only option (unless you count semaphore/smoke signals etc) but now you can use the phone to SPEAK to people... I mean, what does a text mean? You can't be bothered to actually converse with someone or they're not worth the cost of a proper call? Either one is a bit of a slap in the face, isn't it?

And.................... well, I'll stop there before my head explodes :angry: but

WELL DONE HEV!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW - on the subject of emoticons..... when you are feeling kindly toward me try :notworthy:
And when you are feeling less well disposed as a result of some sort of 'wimmin's' unreasonable mood swing or some such, try this one: :notworthy:

I'm an all round :notworthy: kinda guy! :lol::lol::lol::devil:

L&P

BD :D

Well done Hev - my phone only rings (in mono!) and doesn't have a colour screen or camera - I'm just a little behind the times!! :lol:

Baddad, without wanting to take over Hev's thread, I actually take offence at this:

200 years ago morse code was the only option (unless you count semaphore/smoke signals etc) but now you can use the phone to SPEAK to people... I mean, what does a text mean? You can't be bothered to actually converse with someone or they're not worth the cost of a proper call? Either one is a bit of a slap in the face, isn't it?

And.................... well, I'll stop there before my head explodes :angry:

I find verbal communication very difficult and I cannot use a phone to talk to people. Writing, and hence internet forums, messageing and texting are my principle methods of communication. Without the technologically advanced society in which we live I would have increadibly limited communication. I do not text because I can't be bothered or don't want to pay - believe me, I would love to be able to have a conversation with someone and would be probably the only person in the world who would be happy to get a phone bill because to me that would be a huge indication of success.

Baddad, without wanting to take over Hev's thread, I actually take offence at this:

I find verbal communication very difficult and I cannot use a phone to talk to people. Writing, and hence internet forums, messageing and texting are my principle methods of communication. Without the technologically advanced society in which we live I would have increadibly limited communication. I do not text because I can't be bothered or don't want to pay - believe me, I would love to be able to have a conversation with someone and would be probably the only person in the world who would be happy to get a phone bill because to me that would be a huge indication of success.

Mumble, he was only joking!!

Boho :dance:

Well personally, I use my phone to play games on - like Pac-Man. (showing my age now - I love it! ) :dance:

K x

Guest Lya of the Nox

mumble i have the best conversations with my dd via msn, from one room to another ( well untill i took it away from her that is)

one day you will be happier with who you are, and be oks,

some days it will be bad and the others really ok, and ok is good

>:D<<'>

And texting is so quiet and private....

I'M ON THE TRAIN....followed by INTIMATE DETAILS OF WHOM THEY GOT P*****D WITH LAST NIGHT

or worse, going round Sainsbury's listening to people SHOUTING DOWN THE PHONE AS THEY DISCUSS WHAT COLOUR TOILET PAPER THEY WANT!!!!!

The world is getting noisier and noisier...

text more shout less.

text more shout less.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I'm seeing this as a new advertising slogan for the buses and trains (although with a footnote regarding the need for a silent message alert). :)

Hev - you go girl!! :notworthy::notworthy::dance::dance:

(What phone have you got - i wanna play! :thumbs: )

Also good to text when your at work :ph34r: - if your really, really sneaky, you can manage to have whole conversations all day long................ :whistle::whistle::devil:

Shall i send Bads a smoke signal telling-off?? :devil::shame::devil:

(i find it very difficult to speak on the phone too Mumble >:D<<'> ).

Texting is also convenient if people don't understand your accent. I have this problem with the Kenyan's I am friends with. They could understand me face to face (it took them about a week on the most part to get used to me) but if I try and talk to them on the phone they get totally lost. Hence texting them makes things much easier.

Also I think another nice thing about typing type communication in general is that you have longer to think through your answers. Hence you say less silly things overall. It also allows you to check that your overall comment makes sense as a whole. Not to mention people can read it more than once to help them interpret your meaning if need be.

That said I do get the impression that the original comment was in jest. That said it is unlike Baddad to slip up. I on the other hand have managed it once or twice. Thankfully I normally get a PM or two suggesting I change the wording slightly. (Thanks anyone who has done this in the past. You know who you are.)

On the topic of using your phone to post on here. Well done Hev. I haven't tried on mine. That is to do with cost. I don't really like mobiles too much. Mine does tend to be on. I just leave it on silent. My friends rather forced me into getting one whilst I was at Uni. The rising price of phone boxes was the final straw though. Can you believe it costs 40p to make a call from one these days. You can talk for about 15mins at that price though. Normally I only want to make a call a few seconds long though.

I'm starting to ramble again though.

PS I do agree I much prefer people who text on trains and buses though. I don't really want to hear half a conversation. On another total side point one of the labs at school has a pump (for a fish tank) that makes a racket. I'm glad there aren't any people on the Autistic Spectrum in that class. It drives me nuttty enough without having to be overly sensitive to background noise. Argh! Sorry don't know why I decided to type that.

:oops: Feeling very guilty for Hev's thread being taken over - I'll do the PMing in future. Bid it may have been a joke, but jokes should either make people laugh (or just have them not get it as is often the case with me); they shouldn't provoke any other response. Smiley - do send the smoke signal :lol: -if you need any smoke there's an accumulating cloud outside my window :lol::angry:

David - what you have said about written communication really resonates with me. This is exactly the position I am trying to get others to understand as it would make a huge difference to my success and would, I believe, be a benefit to a much wider group. :)

:oops: Feeling very guilty for Hev's thread being taken over - I'll do the PMing in future. Bid it may have been a joke, but jokes should either make people laugh (or just have them not get it as is often the case with me); they shouldn't provoke any other response. Smiley - do send the smoke signal :lol: -if you need any smoke there's an accumulating cloud outside my window :lol::angry:

David - what you have said about written communication really resonates with me. This is exactly the position I am trying to get others to understand as it would make a huge difference to my success and would, I believe, be a benefit to a much wider group. :)

dont feel guilty for taking over this thread,i take over peoples threads all the time :thumbs:

Guest Lya of the Nox

ahh see hev i was just about to post saying u would not hav a prob with it lol

:jester:

You know what else i hate?

4x4's

and I think whispering is rude...

So that's farmers (and anyone else with a legitimate reason for driving a 4x4) and those who are shy/mute/have laryngitis etc etc etc offended too...

I'm starting to feel this is personal... every time I express any opinion on anything I somehow offend someone.

L&P

The offensive and offended

BD

Not at all, it's the same person you upset last time.

You know we think you are lovely and witty and fun. People sometimes have tender places that react when they think they've been poked...did you catch the all teachers are spawn of the devil thread?

Moving swiftly on.

Let's have a jokey thread of silly things that annoy us.

I don't like 4x4s owned by people that never go off road.

Binmen who think it's funny to put my recycling boxes behind my car.

Part-time teachers who work to pay for skiing holidays and the gym.

Fry's Turkish Delight

Idiots who confuse affect/effect and the misuse of contemporary to mean modern and people who write signs with apostrophes in the wrong places.

People who are smug.

I'm starting to feel this is personal... every time I express any opinion on anything I somehow offend someone.

Well, you're a bloke ain't ya?

We all appreciate you really, your batcave thread was what made me think that this site was unique.

And I was right

Icon of small hugging person blowing you kisses whilst throwing you chocolate. ( I'm still in the early stone age of computer skills)

'Idiots who confuse affect/effect' (Bard)

I must be an idiot then. :tearful: LOL Can you tell me how to remember which is which. It is one of those things I know that I am never quite sure on.

EDIT. Made quote more specific. English isn't my strongest point. I guess that has something to do with been a scientist. We were getting picked on when I did my Supporting Literacy course. She didn't realise that was my area until afterwards. :)

Edited by David Matthew Baker

What is the world coming to when you can't make a harmless little joke without causing offense?

Personally, I find when someone gets slated for harmless things far more offensive than the joke itself.

People shouldn't be so flipping sensitive, and if they do feel like that then go and snap a few pencils (I've got a stash of rubbish cheap pencils which I give to Bill when he is showing the signs of temper... VERY theraputic believe me!! Not as satisfying as bubble wrap but much better for focussing anger :lol:

I drive a 4x4 and own a mobile phone which I do occasionally use for texting... am I offended? Not one tiny bit... I think it's funny...

There are plenty of GENUINELY offensive people out there saying and doing awful things without wasting energy having a go and getting offended at someone who makes a GENUINELY light hearted, jokey comment.

Flora

'Idiots who confuse affect/effect' (Bard)

I must be an idiot then. :tearful: LOL Can you tell me how to remember which is which. It is one of those things I know that I am never quite sure on.

EDIT. Made quote more specific. English isn't my strongest point. I guess that has something to do with been a scientist. We were getting picked on when I did my Supporting Literacy course. She didn't realise that was my area until afterwards. :)

Well, when I was a young thing, science was for boys and sewing and typing were for less academic girls.

So I don't know anything about physics, am buttonless on a regular basis ( don't panic, I can use a stapler) and I type minutes per word.

Evolution eh...wait for me...I've nearly caught up...

What is the world coming to when you can't make a harmless little joke without causing offense?

There are plenty of GENUINELY offensive people out there saying and doing awful things without wasting energy having a go and getting offended at someone who makes a GENUINELY light hearted, jokey comment.

That's not fair. All I was doing was trying to explain how I saw things. I apologised to Baddad and to Hev for taking over the thread.

I would expect more understanding of my difficulty with jokes on an ASD forum. But hey, why not all start having a go at me - that will be really funny, won't it?

Mumble.

That's not fair. All I was doing was trying to explain how I saw things. I apologised to Baddad and to Hev for taking over the thread.

I would expect more understanding of my difficulty with jokes on an ASD forum. But hey, why not all start having a go at me - that will be really funny, won't it?

Mumble.

honestly mumble no one wants to have a go at you or is meaning to offend you >:D<<'>

Well, knowing you have difficulty understanding jokes is a good thing, it's being self-aware.

Like when I have a child in my class for a whole year that I dislike. I know that I find them difficult, so before I react to something they've done or said, I stop for a micro second to think about it and check that I would have responded in the same way to one of the lovely poppets I also have.

If you know that jokes are an area of uncertainty, then maybe if you feel upset, you could stop and wonder about the person who made it. Badad is light-hearted, sometimes jokey. Other posts of his are full of wisdom and tenderness and thought for people he hasn't even met. I don't think such a man would intend to upset you.

This is an ASD forum, an interface between NT and ASD.

My son is currently in serious trouble at school, a teacher has taken great offence at him telling her that he disliked her subject, going into details about exactly why and what he disliked about her lessons and her.

I have been called out of class twice this week, had to get cover, in order to deal with the ramifications.

If she didn't want to know his opinion, she shouldn't have asked.

So NTs get upset by AS, AS get upset by NTs and an opportunity for understanding is lost.

It's rather sad.

Guest Lya of the Nox

ooh bard >:D<<'>

sounds a bit like my life at the mo when dd is refusing to do her geog stuff on a country cos she dont like it! and i cannot get her to work on it for the world

as for the upsetting peeps i spend a lot of my time wonderin if i have offended someone somehow

You know what else i hate?

4x4's

and I think whispering is rude...

So that's farmers (and anyone else with a legitimate reason for driving a 4x4) and those who are shy/mute/have laryngitis etc etc etc offended too...

L&P

The offensive and offended

BD

get back in the batcave where you belong,go on run along :robbie::shame::shame::shame: and if you continue playing up im gonna take your hobnobs away :whistle::bat:

And hev and Lya, with all that you've got going on in your lives, you still have it in you to care about other people's feelings and worry if some one is upset.

Wow ladies, I'm speechless.

Icon of person bowing down and blowing kisses at you both.

Mumble.

No, that wouldn't be funny at all.

Well, I thought you guys all knew BD's slightly wack sense of humour??

For the record...he is one of the nicest, kindest, most thoughtful guys you could meet.

Boho :(

Well, I thought you guys all knew BD's slightly wack sense of humour??

For the record...he is one of the nicest, kindest, most thoughtful guys you could meet.

Boho :(

im being serious now,i think hes lovely too :thumbs:

Yikes - where did all that come from??????? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Not sure how we've all managed to offend each other :unsure:

I have enough trouble with the LEA - don't you lot start! :shame:>:D<<'>

BD is lovely - as Bid said - i cannot imagine him upsetting someone on purpose. Was just a joke (- and for what it's worth Bads...............you forgot to mention the French :lol:;):D )

Now you lot behave :shame: or your all going to the naughtly step............................. :ph34r::devil::ph34r::devil:

>:D<<'> :)

im offended that everyones seems to have forgotten that i can use my mobile to access this forum,typical baddad has to take the limelight away from me :crying::lol::lol:

im offended that everyones seems to have forgotten that i can use my mobile to access this forum,typical baddad has to take the limelight away from me :crying::lol::lol:

Quite right, focus chaps, focus.

Well hev I'm mega impressed.

As you might expect, my mobile does calls and text and nothing else.

I think your technical expertise, and the fact that you can now post from the loo is a wonderful addition to our lives.

Well done you wonderful woman.

Guest Lya of the Nox

hev u are a mistress of technology :notworthy::notworthy:

have u got the fetching boots and whip to go with :ph34r:

no i save them for when me and baddad are alone :devil::devil:

i do it as a favour really,he has to have someone to practice his chippendale dances with :dance::dance::dance::lol::lol:

Yikes - where did all that come from??????? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

:oops: Me being a silly plonker.

Well done Hev!!!!!! - look I even used Pink which I don't like!!

Now you lot behave :shame: or your all going to the naughtly step............................. :ph34r::devil::ph34r::devil:

Ok, I'm going - a minute for every year of my age right? I'm definately going to get a very cold, numb ######. :tearful:

Mumble (who will one day learn to do jolly banter and criticism :( )

p.s. Hev - I was hoping for a nightmare free night - but now I have images of you, Baddad and Chippendale dancing to contend with *shudder, shudder*