Sign in to follow this  
suzie-girl

i'm off to EGYPT

Im off to egypt on the 11th june and just cant wait.

im going with my mum and 2 boy's,dan is going in respite i saved all my days up so i could get away for a week.

im going to miss dan badly but he is happy where he goes and i desperatly need to spend some quality time with my 2 other sons and need the rest myself. :wacko:

Iv done alot of looking up about the place were going to and all seems ok,a few people have had a dig at a few things but thats to be expected,iv done my homework and im happy.

I have got to larf tho i done my homework after i booked it :rolleyes: then went to my friends and we looked up the climate!!!!!!!!!!! considering not many europeans go there from march to october because it can reach a temp of 44 thats 122,OH MY GOD,were gonna frazile :tearful:

im very fair and lou is bright ginger niks ok and my mum loves the heat and goes a lovely colour :crying:

Im going to a place called SHARM EL SHIEKH.

All im worried about really is the men out there and the way they haggle they get aggressive,i read one review that the police were called to the airport because a taxi driver got out of hand!!!!!

and iv got to watch out for adam who goes round the pool trying to sell camel rides,he takes you to an old begger with a clapped out old camel :o

Anyway im ready for them :ninja: come on you phaeros

I know a few people who go to sharm el shiekh time and time again, they generally go for the diving so if you can't dive id certainly recommend you get your snorkel out cus the fish and reefs out there are amazing

hope you have a great time :D

Thanks summertime,

Iv seen lots of footage of the place and the fish look amazing,we get 1 free dive during our stay but im defo gonna get some snorkals and under water camera :thumbs:

We went last year to Makadi Bay, near Hurghada and loved it!! I would go back like a shot. We didn't take ds, it was his turn to stay with my mum. He wouldn't really have liked it as he hates bright sun, heat and new places. You will have a great time, the sea is amazine, so many fish that come right up to you, its just like sticking your head in an aquarium.

If you get a chance to go to Cairo it is well worth it. You would have to fly from Sharm, we flew from where were. It was a very long day but spectacular.

It was really hot but the sea breeze and dips in the water keep you cool.

You will have a brilliant time!!

Carrie

Ive done alot of looking up about the place were going to and all seems ok,a few people have had a dig at a few things but thats to be expected...

Absolutely - place is full of archaeological treasures - don't break anything!

One thing i've always wondered about the coastline over there... how do you know where the desert ends and the beach starts?

(And with all that fruit they add to their tagines and stuff how do you know where dinner ends and dessert starts?)

Bring us back a stick of rock, or a box of turkish delight (can't think of that stuff now without thinking of Rita Webb emerging from a wicker basket saying 'full of east end promise!') and watch out for the camels... they spit, apparently...

Q: What do you call a camel with three humps?

A: Eric.

;)

I went to Egypt a couple of years ago, and it was great.

The street traders are quite . . . enthusiastic . . . but they aren't aggressive or anything like that. They will try and get as much money for the product as possible, but they are mostly honest. It's very unlikely you will have any problem. The police work for the Ministry of Antiquities and Tourism, and they have big guns which are held together with sellotape. But they are there to protect the tourists and make them feel safe. The incident with the taxi driver does not sound like anything I saw when I was there, and I think the police intervene at times when it's not entirely necessary, in order to protect the tourists, as tourism is such a big source of income to the country.

Take a high factor sun cream and buy a hat when you get there. There are plenty of shady places where you can buy drinks.

Take plenty of Imodium.

IMODIOM........................ :sick:

every review iv read has said about imodiom!!!!!!!!

nice to know the police are there at hand IF needed tho :whistle:

we all want to go and see the pyramids,but iv been told its a 6hr trip there,your there for an hour then 6 hrs coach back,iv got 3 to pay for and its meant to be about 140 each.

iv got some high factor sun cream,hats ect. :thumbs:

Iv been trying to find a cheap way to get to cario to see the pyramids has anyone got an idea of the best way to do this.im not very good with computors and im gong round the houses alot :wallbash:

Thanks summertime,

Iv seen lots of footage of the place and the fish look amazing,we get 1 free dive during our stay but im defo gonna get some snorkals and under water camera :thumbs:

Don't tell Val (hevs sister) you are going she would really love to go as the great pyramids are there I believe and that is her dream. Anyway you really deserve it. :notworthy::notworthy:

ok steviegirl i promise i wont tell val :devil::lol::devil:

do you ever think we have lost the plot? :lol::lol: keeps me going though

i know im abit obsessed with getting a bargain but this is ridiculous,iv been searching for days to get a deal to get us to see the pyramids well iv found one,

it works out 75 each but were have to bus it!!!!!!

we would leave at 3 in the morn and get back 12 at night thats 21 hrs,i dont think any of us could handle that!!!!!!!!!

yeah but i think if you go to egypt and not see the pyramids you will regret it and wish you had seen them,then again that journey to see them dont sound very nice :unsure:

I'm not trying to dampen your enthusiasm, really, but if you've only got a week I'd stay by the Red Sea and enjoy what's there. You will have a fantastic time.

The Pyramids are wonderful, but they are also almost swallowed up in the Cairo suburbs, not romantically out in the desert. They are also not going anywhere, so I'd wait until I could afford a short break and do Cario/pyramids in one go. Most of the contents of the tombs are in Cairo museum, so you'd need at least 2 days to enjoy the experience.

Thanks bard i think you've made my mind up,didnt take alot did it :rolleyes:

not only that the time were going is soooooooooo HOT and i dont like the idea of being somewhere where i cant get back in a flash to esp having the boy's with me.

Were gonna go camel riding and quad biking and gonna do a trip on a glass bottom boat so we can see the fishes so its not like were gonna do nothing,and im happy with that :thumbs:

It's going to be fantastic!

Last time I went to Cairo, I went in March andd it was just right, beginning to get hot but not unbearable.

My boy couldn't cope with more than two hours on any form of transport except boats, even with a DS and headphones, so I wish you luck!

Once you have been once you WILL want to go back so you could do the other stuff another time. When we went it was a really long day. Ds wasn't with us as it wa his turn to go to his Gran. You will have plently to do in the resort. Camel riding is brilliant, I ended up with a bruised back because of the bit at the back of the saddle and the movement-you will find out!! We were camel riding in the desert at night time under clear star filled skies with the Bedouin men singing us back to their camp!! Feel I should get out the hundreds of holiday snaps and bore you silly!!

Immodium is a must and bring much more than you think you will need. We had nothing major, tiniest dd was the one who escaped it all. We took anti-bac hand wash and used it often, especially after touching money. You will get a shock when you see the notes in use compared to the nice crisp ones from the travel agent!

It was seriously hot high 40s to 50s when we were there but the sea breeze keeps you a bit cooler.

Carrie