hi dont know whether im being abit silly, but wen you got the diagnosis did you get a formal letter explaining it in black and white wat u or yr children have!!!!!!!!!!! sorry donnax

hi dont know whether im being abit silly, but wen you got the diagnosis did you get a formal letter explaining it in black and white wat u or yr children have!!!!!!!!!!! sorry donnax

Hi Donna,

I got a full report nine days after my assessment stating:

1. the diagnoses
  2. how the diagnoses were arrived at (family history, screenings, diagnostic interview, observation, external observation . . .)
  3. what the implications are/what it means for me
  4. what the implications are (well at least should be) for my university
I don't know if this is the norm. Is this what you meant? I'm an adult - it might be different for children.

Mumble.

Hi,

M was diagnosed a couple of months ago and it took over 6 weeks for his 'written diagnosis' to arrive. It stated background information that we had given them, info from the AA teacher, Ed Psych, school and SALT. Then it had their findings from observation followed by the diagnosis. It ended with a management plan for M (these were the things the consultant says he needs in the way of additional support) also included were referrals to ADHD clinic and behavioural and sleep therapy and dietican.

Hope this helps.

mum22boys

We received a letter from the Psychiatrist (he was the last stop..he'd already been seen by the Paeds) about 10 days after his assessment. I was amazed how fast that was! It detailed the last appointment , stated the diagnosis and the agency we have been referred onto (autsim support). My son is already in a special school and well catered for so didn't need any help there

Jules

I just got a letter with everyones assesment details, it only really outlined what i already knew from them before. It didn't give me any details on a plan of action etc, which did dissapoint me a bit.

We have just received the formal report for DD- it sets out ADOS and Disco tests. It sets out brief recommendations. There is a shorter report for the school.

Regarding the diagnosis I received a paediatrician letter detailing some

of the difficulties J was having and the title of the letter said

Diagnosis : Autism Since then I have had letters titled "Serious movement

problem"! and Autism and also Aspergers Syndrome came later when my son

was about 6 years old after a review with paediatrician.

Hope this helps.

Donna, I just got a copy of a very informal letter sent from the paed to the GP more or less saying that there had been a question re. AS for a while and that he thought this could probably now be confirmed, all very informal and wishy washy really. Could be the same paed as yours.

~ Mel ~