Sign in to follow this  
mrs fussy

advice on changing school/ and lea

Hello, can anyone help me my sons current school were supposedly requesting statutory assessment which we dont really think is necessary. We are now at a point we feel we can no longer work with the school for lots of reasons.We have looked at other schools and found one we think suitable but it is within a different LEA, our son does not have a diagnosis, and had been fix term excluded, which we felt was extremely unfair,and provoked with the other child not being punished. Well he returned to school part time and this has continued for a long period with support in the classroom provided by school, they tell us this is working but we are not happy son coming home having been hit in the classroom and on playground by much older child 3yrs older and no punishment, our son does not feel safe he has told us previous to this year he has always loved school and there have previuos to this been no major probs, he is also very bright woking at least 3 yrs ahead of his peers in certain subjects. If we moved him to a school wthin a different LEA would this restrict our access to services if we did need them in the future any advice please Thanks Fussy x

I understand that your lea in the area you live will do the funding and pay the school in the other lea.

It may well mean a bit more flexibility in that your son can access support from both leas.

At one point b4 my son was diagnosed i wanted to move him to a different school with a different LEA but i was told by the head (of the new school we were looking round) that he might not get any funding for help at the new school because we lived in a different county (even though its only 5miles away!). So i didnt move him in the end as i couldnt risk it, but it might not be the same everywhere. id maybe give the new school a ring see what they can do for your son.

Edited by brooke