Sign in to follow this  
Clare63

Do they always ring ????

Just wondering do the DLA always ring and ask questions when you put in an application for DLA ???

I put our application in April and have had correspondence saying they are awaiting reports from school and CAMHS etc, then last week they phoned me to ask a few questions. The guy I spoke to was very nice and from what I could tell from our conversation did actually understand AS, he obviously did not give me any indication of the outcome of our application but said we were almost there and that I should hear in the next week or so.

I was wondering whether this sounds promising or not ?

Any thoughts anyone ?

Thanks

Clare x x x

Hi,

Yes when I first applied for M's DLA I had a phone call from this lady at the DLA office. At the time we had no diagnosis for M but I had sent in lots of reports. It was obvious that she had read nothing that had been sent in as she asked if M had been seen by a pead which he had and she had the report in front of her.

For us the phone call didn't help even though i pleaded M's case to her. He was turned down and we had to ask for reconsideration which was also turned down and we went to appeal stage. it was finally agreed before appeal and he was awarded DLA even though we had no diagnosis at the time.

Good Luck, hopefully your phone call was just a random check.

mum22boys

Hi,

Yes when I first applied for M's DLA I had a phone call from this lady at the DLA office. At the time we had no diagnosis for M but I had sent in lots of reports. It was obvious that she had read nothing that had been sent in as she asked if M had be

en seen by a pead which he had and she had the report in front of her.

For us the phone call didn't help even though i pleaded M's case to her. He was turned down and we had to ask for reconsideration which was also turned down and we went to appeal stage. it was finally agreed before appeal and he was awarded DLA even though we had no diagnosis at the time.

Good Luck, hopefully your phone call was just a random check.

mum22boys

Hi Mum22boys

Hope you don't mind me asking, but how long was it after you started to appeal did they finally award the dla ?

Our's worked out the same as yours, but the appeal deadline was 25 May, that was with extra time given due to us asking to send us copies of further information they received such as from the school etc. As its been over a month on since they have received all the updates and further evidence to do with the appeal and they have lots to go through we were informed if we do not hear within 11 weeks then feel free to make contact, but it obviously hasn't been that long yet, so was just wondering how long your appeal went on for ?

Glad yours didn't have to go as far as tribunal, fingers crossed it won't here either.

Cheers again.

Di x :thumbs:

When they eventually found ds form we got a phone call to ask about how we get ds to walk when he refuses to. I told the very nice woman that strategies you would use on other children don't work. She told us there and then that he would qualify for higher rate of mobility.

Hope your claim goes well!!

Carrie

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Well it looks like good news......just checked my bank balance and there is a nice lump sum from the DLA on there, no idea what level we got but guess we'll get a letter confirming it in the post. All I can say is its been worth the wait and it most certainly is going to help us out financially.

I wish everyone esle going through the same process the very best of luck.

Clare x x x

Hi No we never got a phone call , just letters and we got DLA right away, didn't have to appeal or anything. different areas must do different things!