hev

your nt childrens behaviour

what do your nt children behave like?my katie aged 4 behaviour is terrible,wont get dressed,wont go to bed,fights absolutely everything i say,she is defo affected by what goes on in here but i cant seem to stop her bad behaviours

My daughter is 4 1/2 and a pain! She fights about everything too. She is a "normal" child. Her older bro (7) has AS so I think she thinks she can get away with some of his behaviours.

Your not alone! Misery likes company right. By the way what does "NT" mean?

That sounds fairly typical! My daughter is 5.5 - she goes at her own speed no matter what you do. She will say white if I say black and the attitude can be horrendous. But she can be totally adorable too. I think its part of being a kid and pushing the boundaries, learning how far they can go. Its difficult to because she sees Logan getting off with behaviour she would be punished for so we try and balance things out.

Lynne x

Hi Hev

My middle boy 3 can be sooo good but he often copys his older brother shouting, hitting spitting it can be so alful espcially as i know he can be really good. Unfortunatley he just thinks its the norm to go round fighting and screaming as he just wants to be like his older brother :tearful: He really looks up to him and i suppose sees him as a role model.

Brooke

My middle 2 are little sh!ts at the minute. The eldest of the pair copies Louis, and even says 'it's time for my medication now, get me my medication' (he doesn't have any.

They are scared, they are frightened, they are worried, they are anxious, they are trying to get our attention, and they are copying Louis, as they see he gets attention by doing these things. They know (eldest especially) knows that this isn't the way to go about getting our attention, but they are kids, and this is the only way they know to deal with what we are all going through at the minute.

We have in the past couple of months been able to spend a weekend or two without Louis at home, and on these occasions, the mood is lifted, behaviour has improved dramatically, there was laughter in the house, there were hugs just for hugs sake (and not because of being hurt), they weren't worried, they weren't anxious, they weren't constantly looking over their shoulder, they weren't constantly waiting for Louis to have his next meltdown.

It is this realisation that this is happening to our family that we have decided to give the residential a go Hev.

Guest Lya of the Nox

u are all under stress including katie

would she benefit from help via cahms?

ii'm sure she wil settle down when u know what is goin on with steven

i have some good and positive things u can do with them to imporve behaviour that i can pass on if u likes

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

what do your nt children behave like?my katie aged 4 behaviour is terrible,wont get dressed,wont go to bed,fights absolutely everything i say,she is defo affected by what goes on in here but i cant seem to stop her bad behaviours

My little one (4 and a half NT) is pretty much the same - which I was kind of hoping wouldn't happen - although like you say a lot of it is copying (her older sister is nearly 14 ASD) and seeing how far she can push the buttons - except at the end of it all I can bribe her and coax her eventually - which is something I could never do with my eldest. Although I do try to explain simply about her sisters difficulties - I'm hoping as she gets a little older I can try to explain why her sister behaves the way she does and she'll understand more.

Take care,

Jb

DD 9yrs and DS almost 7 yrs, definately alot of copycat behaviour as our ASD DS is 12. They are at their worst when they are all together, particularly at bed time. Things are a whole lot easier when DS1 is taken out of the mix but that's a rare occurance, the in laws took him to spain for a week last year and DD and DS2 were bordering on angelic behaviour wise then all hell broke loose when he came back!

well i took k in town today,it was horrendous,she was the girl from hell,took her home,girl from hell again :crying: funny though now shes asleep she looks like a little angel :wub:

... sounds a bit like our dd who got an ADHD dx later on at age 6. Her older sis (probably AS) DID NOT serve as a role model as she was real quiet.

I think I'm pretty lucky on this one, because my NTs are twins, and they have always had each other to look to for an example. Also they are only a year younger than C, so it is more like having triplets in a way, and they can understand the reasons behind variations in rules for them and for C, well - as much as 7yr olds can. They are often both at the receiving end of C's meltdowns, and can therefore understand how each other feels.

Because they are so much more emotionally mature than C, they have greater freedom and can go to dancing, football, stage school, and so on - all the things that C can't do. I think that they appreciate that C may be difficult to live with, but that it would be harder to be C than to live with him - if that makes sense. DD is much more understanding than DS, but DS definately has AS traits.

My little one wasn't so bad until he turned 3, now he's extremely difficult, unco-operative and contrary with huge tantrums, soilng and wetting.

I don't know.

On one hand he obviously copies ds#1 right down to the 'yeah, yeah blar, blar' attitude but it does worry me.

Bless them though, they do have a lot to put up with and I feel that this should be recognised.