Sign in to follow this  
JenRose

Going to look round independent school tomorrow

tomorrow at 11am we are going with M to look around the independent school that we want him to go to.

he is very very nervous, as he hasnt been to school for nearly 2 years now.

he keeps packing and unpacking his Dr Who bag with his spongebob,squidward and patrick in it.

continually asking me where his bag is and which spongebob he should show to the teacher/headteacher.

he is so anxious, im sure he will be ok tomorrow once he gets there.

Have you already looked at it and are you happy with it?

Have this school assessed him as suitable to the peer group there?

Are they set up to cater for his needs?

Hope everything works out.....I have been to a couple of these schools recently and I am gobsmacked at what is available. If you feel that it is the right place for him - go for it and hopefully he will feed on your positive vibes.

Good luck anyway

Phoebe

how did it go, my son goes to an independant school, i have to use a large portion of his disabilty to pay for it but, he is in class of 14 children with one teacher and one teach assistant and those ratios really help him, he is only five but i have already had one hell of a time but do feel like that it has been resolved as quickly as possible due to the high input/output from the school, people tell me the resources are better in state school but i cant take a risk of him being in a class of 30 plus and singled out for being different,

hope he liked it

went to independent school today with M and Dave

he loved it

it is a lovely school and they were very positive, they have other children like ds who for one reason or another couldnt manage in mainstream school.

they said they will contact our lea and make a decision if they can meet ds needs.

hopefully they will and then its up to the lea whether they agree or we go back to tribunal.

can anyone tell me how do you get a LEA to help pay for an independant school ?

m so pleased the visit went well :thumbs: let us know soon as you hear anything, :pray: its good news for you >:D<<'>

Good news so far, JenRose, I hope the school and LEA decide in your favour. :pray:

can anyone tell me how do you get a LEA to help pay for an independant school ?

If the LEA agree that a particular independent school is the only suitable placement for the child, and name it on the child's statement, they must fund it.

This is rarely done without a battle: parents must first provide convincing evidence that none of the state schools in the county can meet the child's needs.

K x