baddad

Tour De France

I mean England...

Just jogged up the hill to watch them go past.

Cuh! Just a load of blokes on bikes! :rolleyes: What's that all about then? :lol::lol::lol:

The Tour de France came through my town

The leading rider's pants fell down

They tangled in his spokes and chain

He'll never mount that bike again!

(And no one heard my gleeful sniggers

Or spotted my extending scissors... ;):devil: )

On a more serious observational note, there was a whole family of chavvinches lining the road with garden furniture and enjoying a picnic. As the cavalcade came through they all jumped up and stepped OFF the kerb to watch, glaring at the Marshall's and riders as they swerved to avoid them. As we left, the daughter turned to the mother and said 'They just expect you to get out of the way... I wasn't ******* moving'

:angry:

L&P

BD :D

NB: POME - just realised I should have thought it through...

could have had a closer (but still not perfect so don't get picky!) rhyme with 'cheers' and 'secateurs', only I can't spell secateurs ;)

Edited by baddad

Guest Lya of the Nox

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

lol

they heading my way now, i stayin in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they headng to gravesend as well,ive got my picnic hamper and deckchairs all ready :thumbs:

/quote/could have had a closer (but still not perfect so don't get picky!) rhyme with 'cheers' and 'secateurs'/quote/

Well, it does rhyme if you speak RP and come from Tunbridge!

One of these days, I'm going to have to drive the 20 odd miles up there and see what the place is really like!

B loves rocks, and posh teas with several different sorts of cake.

Didn't you have a Georgian Experience thing that closed because it lowered the tone?

We get the London to Brighton lot, usually including my very fit sister-in -law. :notworthy:

Edited by Bard

What is RP? The only thing I could come up with is 'right proper', but I'm sure that can't be right :unsure:

B loves rocks, and posh teas with several different sorts of cake.

:eat: Well just make sure that this time that my invite doesn't get lost in the post!! I definately do do cake!! :lol: :lol:

Btw: can someone please explain to me why the Tour de France is in England? I've obviously missed something obvious here.

Edited by Mumble

Theres a load of em up in Lancs, did they get lost? :unsure:

It stands for Received Pronunciation, Mumble - i.e. BBC newsreaders.

And they are starting off in England this year for some reason.

It stands for Received Pronunciation, Mumble - i.e. BBC newsreaders.

And they are starting off in England this year for some reason.

Thanks Pearl - a bit like Queen's English then?

Will they be going through the tunnel to get to France or swimming to add a bit of interest to the monotonous cycling? :unsure:

/quote/could have had a closer (but still not perfect so don't get picky!) rhyme with 'cheers' and 'secateurs'/quote/

I speak 'mockney' 'n' came from Sarfbra... BTW - Don't confuse Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells (Royal)... The o turns to u and average house prices double! :lol::lol:

Right, as the last rhyme was soooooo offensive:

The Tour de France came through my town

The leading rider's pants fell down

They tangled in his spokes and chain

He'll never mount that bike again!

(And no one heard my secret cheers

Or saw my folding pinking shears... ;):devil: )

Happy now! Blimey - whatever happened to sponteniai sponnt spontan 'off the cuff' ? :rolleyes::P

The Tour de France has crossed the Channel?!

I think it's all a load o' flannel

Them bikers are a public menace

I'll stay indoors and watch the tennis!!

:P

K x

The Tour de France has crossed the Channel?!

I think it's all a load o' flannel

Them bikers are a public menace

I'll stay indoors and watch the tennis!!

:P

K x

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Am I the only one here who thinks the Tour coming to London was a great thing?! :unsure: It was such a success, I thought, and the crowds that turned out and the support and enthusiasm they showed were really gratifying. I thought the organization was brilliant and it was an enormous achievement. :(

~ Mel ~

Hi oxgirl/all -

I think we're just 'avin' a larf' at National stereotypes - the ongoing feud between Le Frogs and le Rost Biffs! My pome was a continuation of a joke i made a month or so ago, suggesting that it should be renamed The Tour de England...

Ben and I watched with interest and jogged up the road to watch them pass through, cheering and clapping with the rest of them. AND they brought the sunshine with 'em! :thumbs:

Pity Malika moved on - she'd stick up for us!

L&P

BD :D

Hi oxgirl/all -

I think we're just 'avin' a larf' at National stereotypes - the ongoing feud between Le Frogs and le Rost Biffs! My pome was a continuation of a joke i made a month or so ago, suggesting that it should be renamed The Tour de England...

Ben and I watched with interest and jogged up the road to watch them pass through, cheering and clapping with the rest of them. AND they brought the sunshine with 'em! :thumbs:

Guess I'm just feeling a bit sensitive at the mo. :tearful:

~ Mel ~

~ Mel ~

Don't worry about it. No one will have taken offense to that comment. Your going through a bad patch at the moment. Hopefully things will look brighter for you soon. I'm sure things will have to pick up for you soon. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Hang in there and remember we are here for you. If you need support we will do our best to provide it.

Sorry Oxgirl - I was just joking and didn't mean to offend. I love watching sport and if the T de F had come through my town I'd probably have been out there cheering too. I'm so into Wimbledon though, I didn't realise it was happening - so the laugh is on me. :rolleyes:

K x

~ Mel ~

Well, if you want Baddad sitting on, I bet Hev, Bagpuss and I can squash him on Saturday.

Just say the word, and he's pancaked.

Well, if you want Baddad sitting on, I bet Hev, Bagpuss and I can squash him on Saturday.

ooooh i cant wait now,something else to look foward to,squashing baddad :thumbs:

ooooh i cant wait now,something else to look foward to,squashing baddad :thumbs:

why do my posts keep coming out twice,its so annoying :wallbash:

Sorry guys, don't take no notice of me, I'm just an old misery at the mo. :(

~ Mel ~

Mel, your one of the loveliest peeps on the forum >:D<<'>

Hev, you don't half make me laugh :notworthy::lol:

Mel, your one of the loveliest peeps on the forum >:D<<'>

Hev, you don't half make me laugh :notworthy::lol:

Bagpuss! :tearful:>:D<<'> >:D<<'> Where's me tissues! (*sniff*) >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

Awww :wub:

But can we please still squash Baddad?

Do you think he could still recite limericks if we bounced on him? Or would his infallible sense of humour fail?

I'm just curious...and a little light-headed...it's only 8 more days 'til the end of term.

Edited by Bard

Guest Lya of the Nox
Awww :wub:

But can we please still squash Baddad?

Do you think he could still recite limericks if we bounced on him? Or would his infallible sense of humour fail?

I'm just curious...and a little light-headed...it's only 8 more days 'til the end of term.

ooh this is gonna be sssssooo much fun on saturday

how come u got 8 days left

edit to say i realsied i got 9 left lol

but little one got a few more!

Edited by Lya of the Nox

Count like a desperate teacher, lurching towards the end...

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, FridayisInsetsostillaworkday...

8 days left.

What you know how to be good. :whistle::whistle::P Well at least that makes one of us. :devil:

I'm looking forward to it too. Will be nice to put a few more faces to names. :) Plus real names to forum names. Mine is the same. Baddads I know (thanks to a phone call in Oxford). Can always remember people who have that name. ;)

What you know how to be good. :whistle::whistle::P Well at least that makes one of us. :devil:

I'm looking forward to it too. Will be nice to put a few more faces to names. :) Plus real names to forum names. Mine is the same. Baddads I know (thanks to a phone call in Oxford). Can always remember people who have that name. ;)

Well, I might not want to tell, so there!

Can't make me...and if you were called Millicent Wilhemina Clarabelle you would understand my point of view.

:sick::P

Oh the ingratitude! I'm using the power you gave me over emoticons against you!

:bancomp: Take that you little angel!

I'm not good at remembering names anyway (so even if you told me I am liable to forget). Baddad is just unlucky enough to share a name with someone I find rather memorable. ;) Tend to find that students with this particular name I remember first. :)

Guest Lya of the Nox
Well, I might not want to tell, so there!

Can't make me...and if you were called Millicent Wilhemina Clarabelle you would understand my point of view.

:sick::P

Oh the ingratitude! I'm using the power you gave me over emoticons against you!

:bancomp: Take that you little angel!

and what is wrong with clarabelle

:whistle:

Edited by Lya of the Nox