Guest Lya of the Nox

thank you

Bard,

I'm sure you haven't upset or annoyed anyone on here! I'm sure everyone understands how you feel - I've never been one for photos or home movies etc. and have always been shy and even now I still worry certain people may be able to identify me on here. I don't know where I got the courage to go on the news and in newspapers, but wouldn't like to think the "general public" could link that to what I have written on here in the past.

I'm certainly not upset, and I'm sure everyone feels the same.

I won't be able to make the Legoland one as I'm taking the Monday and Tuesday off to look after J so he doesn't have to endure the last 2 days of term. Then I'm at work the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday before taking the first week of August off work to spend a week with kids. Then back to work for 3 weeks I've also booked last week of August (bank holiday week) off work so I can spend another week with kids before J returns to new school.

So if anyone wants to meet up in either of the two weeks off then that would be great!

>:D<<'> Bard. Please don't worry hun - i have a similar need to keep my privacy............ Can't say much more. But, i do understand >:D<<'>

Okey-dokey........... Think i've heard back from everyone who's piccie i've got - and all seem ok with sharing to the other peeps in piccies - and frag............ :wacko::hypno::lol:

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Great mrsddwotsit (can't remember your username, now i've met you!! :lol: ).

I'll start up another thread a little nearer the time.

It's with a group of peeps - basically, a lovely lady who started up a befriender scheme in my area - makes it possible for our kiddies to go to Beavers, swimming etc - with a volunteer. More the merrier! :thumbs:

Shame you can't come along MichelleW >:D<<'>

Thank you so much Smiley, I've just pm'd lots of people in shouty, panic-stricken block capitals.

If my photo gets published, I'd have to leave.

Not joking, deadly serious. I really enjoyed the day, and now I am really terrified and very sorry that I came if it means total loss of privacy.

I'm sorry if that annoys you Frangipani, but the last thing I need is people in my real life being able to identify me and link me to the things I have shared about me and my family on the forum.

And that is , I feel, more important that other people's curiosity.

>:D<<'> bard >:D<<'>

it was me wot started it - sorry I just didnt think.

And um, it was you Kathryn! Who led us up the wrong hill! :lol: Legs still hurt....

I was very surprised to get to the top of the hill and find that they'd gone and moved the Observatory since the last time I was in Greenwich. You'd think they'd have put up a notice, it's very confusing for people ... :unsure:;)

K x :P

I was very surprised to get to the top of the hill and find that they'd gone and moved the Observatory since the last time I was in Greenwich. You'd think they'd have put up a notice, it's very confusing for people ... :unsure:;)

K x :P

Ditto. They moved the observatory Bard - I did not lead you up the wrong hill. The dog at the bottom of the path of the other hill had absolutely nothing to do with me going up the hill I chose!! :unsure::unsure::lol:

Soooo glad to hear you all had a fab day, will defo try and come next time. Legoland just up road from me so would like to have the details of any planned meet.

Clare x x x

Ditto. They moved the observatory Bard - I did not lead you up the wrong hill. The dog at the bottom of the path of the other hill had absolutely nothing to do with me going up the hill I chose!! :unsure::unsure::lol:

Was it the wrong hill?

It had magnificent views over London and the park, so I think it was a perfect choice!

And we found the Observatory. I learnt about a Camera Obscura and what it does, and you learnt about figs.

Good result in my book. :D>:D<<'>

Hi

Been following your threads re the southern meet and felt that I was too new and didn't really 'know' anyone well enough, but Legoland is just up the road for me and my OJ loves going there. Might be a good day out!

Stella

Had a really nice day. Managed to speak this time ...not sure if that's a good or bad thing! :lol: Visited the observatory and the maritime museum...had to get the t shirt, one with constellations on...always had a thing about stars and constellations. Was great to put faces to names though I think there were about 3 people that I didn't speak to so didn't identify, sorry !

We were all in bed by 9.30pm :lol:

Hey, we know how to party us Baggy's :curlers:

Got to admit I was scared stiff about the meet up, but felt really relaxed. We never did the mucky pub......we had planned to go Sunday evening, but when we got there, the waiting time for food was half hour, and eldest dd became really agitated, so we left, never mind.

Youngest dd keeps repeating "I've met Hev" and eldest dd keeps saying "she's obsessed with Hev" :lol:

I hope it becomes a regular thing, would be great to meet up there once a year, a fab location :thumbs:

The site sort of redeemed itself slightly, when we found it had a nice pool, and eventually the rats became part of the family :whistle:

Lya, >:D<<'> for Sunday! You are the BEST >:D<<'>

Hi Bagpuss and bikergal,

It was great to meet you both - glad to hear you made your peace with the rats eventually, Bagpuss. :o:lol:

Once a year seems like a good idea to me - it was a great day out. :dance:

K x

It was lovely to put faces to all those familiar names.

Sorry I'm not too good at chatting beyond the screechy, flappy hellos! :rolleyes:

Boho :dance:

It was nice to meet some of the others I had been talking to on a frequent basis. It was also nice to see a few recognisable faces again. I also think it would make a nice annual location to hold a meet. Plenty of room for everyone and a lot to do. :)

Hi Bagpuss and bikergal,

It was great to meet you both - glad to hear you made your peace with the rats eventually, Bagpuss. :o:lol:

Once a year seems like a good idea to me - it was a great day out. :dance:

K x

Forgot to add Kathryn, you were spot on about the London Eye. We caught a couple of tubes/trains, went on more escalators than I thought possible (youngest dd thought all her birthday's had come at once), and eventually found the London Eye....................then clocked the queues :o:o We would of been there hours, so we gave it a miss :(

For anyone planning a visit though, Lya told me later that they were able to go on the LE without queuing due to their dd having ASD. We hadn't thought to mention it unfortunately.

It's a shame you missed out on the London Eye this time. The queues are long, so I can understand why you gave it a miss. You will just have to come to London again!

The longest escalator is at Angel, apparently . . . just in case your daughter fancies a visit!

My aplogies too to anyone I didn't get chance to talk to.....I'm afraid I'm awful at mingling :(

I shouldn't try to read things this late at night - I got: "I'm afraid I'm awful minging" :lol::lol::lol:

I thought, 'Blimey, she's being a bit hard on herself'!

As long as you had a nice time- And I hear you've booked up for two more weeks on Sheppy in August?! :whistle:

L&P

BD :D