Flora

one of them days

Excuse me... in need of a little moan!

Tomorrow me and the kids are heading oop north to see some family and friends.

I'm in the middle of trying to pack for all 4 of us. So the kitchen and dining area are heaped with clothes. I'm not up-to-date with my ironing so I've got everything to iron before I can pack.

I'm all full of angst just now... Worried about bill and what's going to happen to him; worried about the inevitable tribunal for parts 2,3 and 4 of bill's statement; worried about if we lose the tribunal; worried about if we win the tribunal (residential school); worried about money; worried about the fact that I'm going through a major health scare (won't go into details but it's serious).... Lovely happy thoughts to be having whilst I'm ironing and tryint to get things dry.

My dd has a friend visiting which is fine... But they wanted to cook themselves some pasta so I had to move all my ironing etc so they could get into the kitchen to cook and eat. They also wanted to come into town with me (I've got to go to the post office to put the applications in for the boy's passports... this will be the third attempt... I won't get started on that one!).... Anyway I waited for them to finish lunch so we could all go into town only to be told they'd changed their mind... Which means I'd wasted valuable time waiting for them and unable to get on with my packing because they were in the kitchen.

Anyway I decided to iron a couple of bill's t-shirts before I went into town. I picked them up and put them (stupidly I know) on top of the cooker while I went to move the ironing board near the iron. Then I noticed the smell of burning and turned around to see the t-shirts were on fire :o I grabbed them and threw them into the sink and ran the tap on them.... I was so upset because bill hardly has any clothes to start with (he stretches and chews them so goes through them really quickly) and it was just the straw that broke the camels back. My dd had left the gas ring on after cooking and I hadn't noticed!!!

I've had to calm myself down in order to calm my dd down who was really upset... She puts up with so much and is really supportive of me through my struggles to sort things out for bill and she's really helpful.

Now I'm sat in front of my pc typing this. There are clothes all over the kitchen on every surface and in the dining area. Bill and ben are hungry and I need to go to the shops because there's nothing to give them. I need to go to the post office to sort the passports out and then I need to finish packing and I am just feeling incapable and overwhelmed!!!!!!

The dogs are getting under my feet and the kitten has crapped in a shoe rack I have in the back lobby... All I need now is a flood and pestilence :fight:

flora

>:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'> >:D< Sorry Flora. Not a lot I can do to offer comfort. But at least leave the ironing - the stuff will just get crumpled anyway - I usually do enough for the first day or so, then iron the night before i need stuff ..... Try to forget about what you have no influence over. Easier said than done, I know, but take care

Pretty rubbish day all round then!

Dont bother with the ironing, just roll things individually and shove them in the case. They will be fine when you get to the other end.

Try not to worry, I know thats easier said than done but its tiring and all the worrying in the world doesnt change anything except drive you slowly insane.

Take care

Loraine

Oh Flora, come 'ere :tearful:>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I agree with the others, sod the ironing, I never iron any of my stuff!! :whistle: It'll only get re-creased in the suitcases anyway. Either fold them up and just let them be worn as they come, it won't kill them, or iron a few bits when you get there and are feeling less stressed. Put your feet up and give yourself some time, you can only do one thing at a time.

Hope you feel better soon. >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

Ditto the ironing. Life's too short.

Hope by tomorrow this will all be behind you and you'll be winding down with a glass of something in your hand. :)

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I've done it!!!

I've packed (plus ironed!!!). I've even managed to pack a pic-nic for the train. I got the passports sorted (just hope they arrive before the 24th... I do leave things til the last minute!).

Thanks for all your sympathy everyone. I'm now going to enjoy a glass of vino and can look forward to our trip to Newcastle and a relaxing week....

Flozza :D

Hope you have a good journey and a relaxing holiday.

Remember this day(as if you could forget) and in 6 months time you'll laugh about it all (maybe).

If every day everything was brilliant and went perfectly to plan life would be boring .....so they say - but it would be interesting seeing if it was true.

Louise

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> Flora >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I hope you are feeling better. You just think about that holiday the rest will wait. Think of it all coming together in a positive way. You can iron when you get there, it will be fresher too. :)

love

Frangipani xx >:D<<'>