Bagpuss

Off to the New Forest

On Saturday we are off on our hols, to the New Forest, for a week. Never been that way before, so would appreciate it if anyone could give us any tips of places to visit? Last year, our summer hols lasted a couple of days, as youngest dd couldn't cope (well, if truth be known, I couldn't cope with youngest dd) so keeping everything crossed for this year. Found a fab site, with indoor and outdoor pool, bar and restaurant (don't think we'll see those though :whistle: )lovely static lodge type caravan, with verandah. Praying it isn't like Sheppey :pray::lol:

Youngest dd has made so much progress in the last year, that I think we'll manage, and we've also learnt alot too :)

Have a lovely time Baggy. you deserve it :thumbs: I've never been to new forest either and dont have a clue even where it is. Me and hubby have just come back from a blissful couple of days in the country so I'm really chilled :D .

I hope the little one is settled and that you all have a great time...........hope you're not taking the GPs :robbie::robbie:

SV

Good news is it's nothing like Sheppey!!!!

I can definately reccomend you some places as you're kinda in my neck of the woods...however...my geography and

sense of distance etc is rubbish so want to check with hubby first (who's not back till late tonight) before I say anything :)

Do you want ourdorsey stuff...attractions you can drive to or mix of both?

Heres one thing I know won't be too far from where you're staying...J loves this place. I'd recomend going first thing as it can get a bit busy.

Dorset Heavy Horse Farm Park

Set in the beautiful scenic Dorset countryside on the edge of the New Forest, the Dorset Heavy Horse Farm Park offers an interesting fun day out for all ages. Wagon, Tractor and Pony rides. Vintage tractor driving. Daily shows. Hands on with the animals - Horses,Ponies, Donkeys,Pigs,Sheep,Goats, Llamas and Snow dogs. Adventure play area, Go-karts, Gypsy wagons.Vintage fairgound collection. ALL RIDES FREE!!

Cafe and gift shop.

Days Out : Family Fun

Dorset Heavy Horse Farm Park

Set in the beautiful scenic Dorset countryside on the edge of the New Forest, the Dorset Heavy Horse Farm Park offers an interesting fun day out for all ages. Wagon, Tractor and Pony rides. Vintage tractor driving. Daily shows. Hands on with the animals - Horses,Ponies, Donkeys,Pigs,Sheep,Goats, Llamas and Snow dogs. Adventure play area, Go-karts, Gypsy wagons.Vintage fairgound collection. ALL RIDES FREE!!

Cafe and gift shop.

Open: 1st April to end of October, 10am to 5pm.

Address:

Edmondsham

Verwood

DORSET

BH21 5RJ

Telephone Number(s):

01202 824040 Dorset Heavy Horse Farm Park

Thanks for that Lisa....sounds really good :thumbs: We tend to like places with lots of open spaces, plenty of places to sit for youngest dd, few crowds as poss, big queues a no no, animals for eldest dd, parks for youngest dd, food for ds :wacko:

Glad your few days away went well SV, sounds lovely >:D<<'>

Ta very much Mother Pearl >:D<<'>

Monkey world!!!!!!! and the Owl Sanctuary (which I understand has grown since I last went and has more animals) and the Tank Museum.

Corfe Castle and Blue pool.

Ahhhh we honeymooned in this area!

A x

Hi,

Monkey world a definate yes!...huge bestest climbing frames/playground at the bottom and really cute monkeys all over!

Moors Valley is another fav with my son

http://www.moors-valley.co.uk/vi/

Loads of great little play trails for kids to follow and a minature train to go on!

Plus loads of space, in the forest etc

I haven't been to the New Forest in about 40 years since I was at Primary School ....I spent half term there with my mother's cousin and his family. I just remember I had a great time but couldn't recommend any special thing as such LoL.

Louise

Thanks Aro. Eldest dd would love Monkey World and the Owl Sanctuary :D What's Blue Pool?

what it says really :lol: it is a pool, think an old quarry but can't remember, in a woods and it is a stunning blue in the right conditions. A nice place for a walk.

A x

found this blue pool

Edited by aro

Hi...last bits from me then I'm out outta Idea's :)

Within the forest:

Beulieu - very nice location, plus the car museum

Brockenhurst - always loads of cows and horses wandering around on the road, in the street etc..just nice place for a wander (few cafes/country pubs etc as well)

Wilverly within the forest is a nice place to pitch a picnic, go for ball play etc..you can also choose a number of shortish walking paths from there.

I think you'll have a lovely time - the weather is looking good so far! :)

Have fun >:D<<'>

Forgot to add heres a link to forest maps:

http://www.new-forest-uk.co.uk/maps.htm

Edited by llisa32