Sign in to follow this  
Cariad

Can I scream ARGHHHHHHHHH

I signed the final statement and it had the named school we said yes to on the statement, also the changed parts 2 and 3 (after taking them to tribunal etc etc). Well the LEA said he'll be going a few days later than everyone elde to give the ASD residental children to settle in,then it was a week. So I phoned the school and they are only just looking at his records, plus the school want to have a meeting with us and the LEA next wednesday!

It just goes on and on... the LEA say now we have to keep our end of the bargin and drop the tribunal (it was adjourned last july to be heard in October), I said we will by email and letter today, but I still think we are going to be stung, we have been so many times so far, as in �5,500 worth and emotionally.

Also to add insult a driver called at the door introducing himself as taking the DS to school tomorrow, this is the school we refused and went to tribunal over, are they totally stupid :blink:

What do you think, are we home and dry or have the LEA have more dirty tricks up their sleeves?

>>So I phoned the school and they are only just looking at his records, plus the school want to have a meeting with us and the LEA next wednesday!

Did they say your child definitely has a place? I don't know many schools that only look at the records AFTER offering a place.

I wouldn't be wanting to drop the Tribunal until I was 100% sure that he definitely had a place (many schools have a trial period also).

I'd agree with Kazzen. This sounds a bit like blackmail. If they are doing everything they should be with regard to the new school, why are the LEA so worried about the Tribunal?

It might be a good idea to take advice on this from IPSEA or similar before you finally give up your right of appeal, and the one hold you have over the LEA.

K x

I think you are making a massive mistake dropping the tribunal do you have anything in writing from them to say they will let him go to the school you want as long as you drop the case?

If not ask for it asap.

I think you are letting the fact you want this over to cloud your judgement.

They are conning you and you need advice from ipsea and confirmation from the lea ASAP :wallbash: t gtonr

I agree do NOT drop the tribunal, the LEA are not actually keepthing their end of the "bargain" as your child is still not actually attending the school agreed and so is also not recieving the support in the statement.

I think point this out to them and say you are getting advice on the matter from IPSEA, you could also say you are contacting SENDIST for their advice regarding the tribunal hearing, that might get things moving.

Yes he has got a place there, my social worker spoke to the deputy head a few days ago and he said he is looking forward to him going there. Also it's down in Part 4 as the named school.. DS's social worker got the impression after the meeting it'll be days then he'll be going there.

It's just dragging on and on..Also I don't trust the LEA at all as they have screwed us from the word GO.

Also the DH is on a group and knows someone who works with the tribunal and will let them know once DS is in the school that is was indeed blackmail!

Edited by Cariad

Fingers crossed for you Cariad. Tell 'em you wont consider dropping the tribunal until they have FULLY honoured their part and he's sat at his desk in his new school. Threaten them with "the Echo" too!!!.