Frangipani

Ex's wife on life support

My ex's wife is on life support because of alcohol she is only in her 30's.

Her liver has failed - her red white blood count is supposed to be around 40 but hers is 8,000.

They say if she comes out of this she will have kidney and brain damage. They have put her in an induced coma and have flushed her system with plasma and been in ICU since Tuesday. Her blood count is fluctuating between 6 - 7,000 and not coming down.

What can I say???? here we are my daughter counselling her half sister who is only 12 and me telling me ex how to remain positive regardless of the black cloud the doctors have painted - all I could do was encourage him to talk to her even if he thinks she can't hear him, and tell her that his and their daughter love her and fight to get through this. She has been on this merry go round for years. She has done unforgivable things to me in the past and here I am helping her. My ex can't believe I am trying to help after all she has done was really bad.... Really bad....!

But as I said to him, she is his daughters mother, and we all care about his daughter - she needs her mother.

You look beyond all that in a crisis like this. You never wish this on anyone.

Life.... :wallbash: can be so bizarre. Something always testing your sanity. :huh:

I choose to remain 'okay' I actually said lots of prayers for her. If I told you things she did - you would think why bother....there comes a time when you have to let it ALL go, somethings tucked inside for years I forgave her for but others - I now realise she was mentally ill and the cause of my marriage split up - I now understand it all - for the first time. Finally I have closure.... :unsure:

I feel for the first time in 15 years I have healed and forgiven her.

Positive vibes needed.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

:unsure::ph34r::wacko::pray:

Edited by Frangipani

Hiya , how awful for all of you and especially your ex and their daughter >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I think you're absolutely right to let the past go at this point, sometimes people do unspeakably nasty things for

reasons which are not always apparent at the time.

Am sending you lots of positive vibes to ensure you all find the strength to get through this horrible time

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Sending u all , prayfull wishes, and Loving thoughts

Karen >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Thank you Everyone, >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

It affects our whole family :(.

As of last night, she was still in ICU still with a blood count between 6 & 7,000 - I guess what they are doing is like a detox. They say if her brain and organs get a whiff of this things are really at risk of permanent damage. Its sad.

Her parents are the most lovely people, they have had soooo many red faced moments because of her drinking over the years. I really worry how they are holding up, they have been like grandparents to my kids more than their real grandparents. Her little girl is off school - poor little thing doesn't deserve this.

She actually often said to my kids that she wished that I was her mother. Alcohol is a terrible disease - but combined with some drugs they trialled her on recently for BiPolar Disorder - its a dangerous cocktails, thats what they are dealing with at the moment.

T

the system haven't really helped her, she has been in an out of rehab, she has been locked up in rehab but often out after a week or so, and continually goes back to it. Shes had her drivers license confiscated.

Its awful and a terrible drain on all of us.

My ex left us - then became carer of her after 3 years - this has been a real problem for about 12 years on and off. But nothing like this. I am really worried. How she will recover. She has a lot of guilt for what she did to me - I have told her I forgive her, I even bought her a teddy when she became pregnant to make peace.

Yet she continues to do this to herself. Its really sad, as she could be a really nice person.

:(

Thanks for caring. >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

:pray::pray:

Edited by Frangipani

I just spoke with her. :unsure:

Rang the hospital and they put me through. She must be out of the woods to be able to talk on the phone, but sounded a bit spaced out. She is still in ICU but they let me talk to her.

I told her the kids and I wish her well and the kids send their love and want her to fight on through this and get better.

I told her I know she has been taking a lot on board, and blaming herself, I told her I want her to let it all go. Said we all wish her well and hope she gets well soon.

:(>:D<<'> :pray::pray:

Hope this helps her. I think she needed to hear that. :unsure:

:(:pray:

you really must be such a lovely person to be able to be so caring towards someone that (and im sorry if i am wrong) seemed to break up your relationship with your husband. I truly wish I could be as forgiving as you are hope she gets better x x