Sign in to follow this  
Flora

LEA tactics

Ha.

This afternoon I had an email from my LEA officer's assistant. It was in reply to an email I sent, but it was obviously meant for one of their colleagues as it was to someone I'd not heard of saying they were forwarding my email to them and had been 'instructed not to reply'.

It seems she'd clicked 'reply' instead of 'forward' then clicked 'send' before she realised her mistake! Needless to say I've forwarded it to my solicitor. If I needed proof that they use underhand tactics and have absolutely no concern or respect for parents as fellow human beings, then I think I have it. All I was asking in my email was if they had sent the final statement yet, which is now almost 3 weeks later than the 8 weeks than they are allotted.

I was utterly stunned. I guess deep down I always hope that there is good in people, but it's things like this that contribute to, and harden me as the cold cynic I am fast becoming.

Flora

No doubt at all that what has happened is shocking. I should be surprised but I am not. On the plus side they have actually just dug themselves a great BIG hole from which I would suggest there is no getting out. And they did it all by themselves without any help at all from you :devil:

Cat

What a silly woman, lets hope she realises whats she's done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would love to hear her explanation for that blunder!!!!!!!!

she knew what she'd done because she'd tried to rectract the email... it was follwed by an email retraction message. If I hadn't been at the pc when it came in it probably would have disappeared out of my inbox. Their explanation was that 'the LEA officer wanted to wait until the statement was in the post before they said it was on it's way to prevent me being upset'... hmmmmmmmm :unsure:

I have told them not to send it as there's a postal strike here next week, so I have told them I will collect it in person from the CC reception desk on Monday morning :ph34r:

All filed an logged ready to go into the case statement for SENDIST.

flora

Ipsea adviced me to get the lea to email the statement and also send a hard copy! That way you arent wasting the weekend worrying and it makes it much easier to work on at home!

Kathryn

Terry reckons they probably got on to their IT dpartment and got them to try to retrieve from the mail server. It's all gobbledygook to me, but they obviously tried because I have an automated email message to that effect.

flora

If you have a certain version of microsoft Outlook, you do have the option to recall the e-mail. I've heard of a lot of people doing it after sending e-mails meant for other people.

Glad you have the ammo you need to get the LEA!

Outlook lets you recall a message.

I use the facility when I have done something stupid like forgotten to attach an attachment, but it does look like it was being mis-used here.

Simon

haha this is brilliant bet there were some red faces and alot of shouting in their office today - after work drinks to send the girl on her way today i am thinking!

Hi Flozza -

:angry: aren't they b***ars!

Sadly, as i read your post I thought I could guess their response if they were taken to task over this... and when i got to the second one I saw they'd already done it...

Wasn't exactly how I thought they would play it (I thought the explanation would be 'I was told not to respond as one of our senior staff intended doing so personally to reassure Mrs *****'), but it was close enough :(

Either way, once you DO get it, I hope it says everything it should :)

L&P

BD :D