Sign in to follow this  
spats

Constant Singing

Hello,

My son is 4yrs and 5 months, he is currently being assessed for social, language difficulties. His paed has said that dx is pointing towards ASD.

My son sings constantly throughout the day often at high volume. He has a song for every occasion.

Has anyone got any suggestions on how I can get him to sing less often. My tolerance level is getting less by the day.

Many thanks xx :)

aw bless.

my son is a singer too, and a squealer. better at singing than talking, we have medley's of disney songs, songs from barny, R&B.

i have no idea of how to get it to stop, (sorry giggling writing this as i can imagine your face when it has been going on for 3 hours straight) i know it's not funny really. it does get wearing, but i have no clue on how to make it stop.

hope someone can help. >:D<<'>

ps. i do apologise for the giggling, it's not at you or your predicament, just an empathy giggle.

my j is 10 and constantly whistles have thought about super gluing his mouth shut :devil: but i know he will find something else to make a noise with. He gets really bad if he is stressed about something.

my 4 year old does this -hes not dx asd,but very hyper,its very constant and i think he does it as like an anixity thing,cause when we are in situations he starts it up,and humming ,-really gets unbearable after a while.

my 6 year old -asd yelps alot and makes high pitched noises ,and wails-theres no other word to describe it -its not like real crying but wailing.....about things ect...

pair of them at it together=plenty of paracetamol :rolleyes:

Hiya

Laughing as i type this, my daughter was singing nearly all night and i very rudely told her to shut up! she looked shocked and said why and i said because i wish to hear the telly! She was a bit put out and said well you cant sing either!!!!!!!! This is something i know but rather gently i explained that she has, poor wee soul got my singing talent! But it wasnt her tone i objected too just how long it had been going on.

Good luck with this, i have this a lot but it is usually when she is happy so no bad thing.

Nicola

Many thanks for taking the time to reply - it was greatly appreciated! No magical cure then. :rolleyes:

I thought there might be some kind of behaviour modification that I could try.

I have also got a 2 yr old daughter that is also beginning to copy her brother and they try and outdo each other in the loud volume singing stakes.

Oh joy, my very own ready made choir........... :D

K x

my son is a singer too, and a squealer. better at singing than talking,

My Dd was like this when she was about 4 and I had to sing (which if you heard me, isn't the sweetest sound) instructions, requests, etc to her for her to understand. I often felt that I was living in a surreal Andrew Lloyd Webber musical the majority of the time. Anyway as Dds understanding developed the singing for conversation stopped. Ironically she doesn't like anyone to hear her singing now and will only do it when she thinks no one is listening.

tilly

The DS is a squealer too and sounds like a bloomin' bird! I've told him a few times he could shatter glass with his high pitch screams, I can't wait until his voice breaks :lol:

My Dd was like this when she was about 4 and I had to sing (which if you heard me, isn't the sweetest sound) instructions, requests, etc to her for her to understand. I often felt that I was living in a surreal Andrew Lloyd Webber musical the majority of the time. Anyway as Dds understanding developed the singing for conversation stopped. Ironically she doesn't like anyone to hear her singing now and will only do it when she thinks no one is listening.

tilly

Ooh that is the first bit of hope I've had that my ds may stop singing so much. How old was your dd when she disliked singing (and please don't tell me aged 23 :D )

Interestingly we went to a friends house today, and he managed 1hr without singing at all :o, although he did play on her drum set instead!