pearl

London here we come!

OK mr pearl & I are off to London on thursday, coming back saturday, our belated pearl wedding anniversary treat.

We've been loads of times before so know the obvious attractions, any ideas for whats on at the mo that we might not know about? I've had no time to browse.

We are going to try & see the terracotta army at the BM, couldnt get tickets but you can queue up I believe, nothing planned otherwise.

We like museums, galleries, theatre, walking.

I like shopping :devil:

JP is surviving TWO days on his own this time. We should come back to a minimalist house if Stratford was anything to go by.

Edited by pearl

Patrick Stewart in Macbeth at the Gielgud Theatre.

Saw him in Chichester...best Macbeth I've ever seen. And I've seen a lot of them!

Millais on at the Tate Britain

You could always eat chocolate pancakes on Westminster Bridge with Mumble and me.

You could go and see Dr Crippin at Madamme Tus cos if the papers anything to go by they're going to melt him down cos they think he's innocent now and may get a pardon (body in cellar not his wife)

Guest Lya of the Nox

try covent garden garden for a mooch, there are always some fantastic classical and opera buskers downstairs

if u fancy a show there are huts in Leicester square where u can get tickets for shows on that day cheaper

i am jealous lol i wanted to go in this half term, but too many things going on and i way to tired

have loads of fun

xxxx

You could always eat chocolate pancakes on Westminster Bridge with Mumble and me.

I think that's a very good idea :eat1: (although I would get choccy pancakes from Westminster bridge and eat them elsewhere because that's the busiest, noisiest bridge across the Thames :)).

Failing that, just come and visit Mumble the third witch :D

More unsensible ideas:

There's a hole in the floor at the Tate Modern - try falling into it and getting yourself on the news along with the other silly peeps.:oops:

Man-spotting :whistle: - very cheap - requires sitting in one of the many coffee shops on the south bank, drinking coffee (or tea in my case) and rating all men that pass on a scale of 1 - 10 (the rules are actually a little more complex but my sis and I have spent many an hour on this one) - on second thoughts, probably not so good with Mr Pearl there.

A very sensible idea:

Camp outside the Joseph theatre. Kidnap Lee :wub: :wub: when he comes out and deliver him to my door.

Ideas from my Time Out Email (so propably more sensible):

Ice Station Antarctica at the Nat. His. Museum (I want to go to this one - think it was designed for Mumbles!!)

Children of England event at Hampton Court

Also:

Go on a boat down the Thames (maybe to Hampton court)

I like HMS Belfast

Aquirium

London Eye

DUCK tour

Go to Greenwich 3 months too late for the meetup

Observatory and Planetarium

Zoo :george:

Rowing on the serpantine in Hyde Park

See the pelicans in St James Park

Changing of the guard :police:

Go to every M&S and conduct a jaffa cake taste test

Thankyou all :notworthy:

The sensible suggestions really good, & the silly ones, MUMBLE, made me laugh!

One of these days I will come on my own & we will eat choccy pancakes & man watch together - you are right it wouldnt be mr pearls first choice of leisure activity.

The winner is ..... MACBETH (if I can get tickets) - Shakespeare AND a follicly challenged guy in the lead, be still my beating heart :wub:

I just hope I feel a bit better. I'm back at work now *BOO* but still coughing for England. :(

Have you tried the auction site Pearl? You may be able to get tickets.

Have you got room for one more on the choccie pancake/men watching afternoon? Bliss :wub: Although I'm likely to eat everyone's pancakes while you are all busy looking at the men :devil:

Although I'm likely to eat everyone's pancakes while you are all busy looking at the men :devil:

Eerm, I don't think so :fight: :fight: :lol: You can't go taking Lee and choccy pancakes off me - I could become very nasty indeed :devil:

Oh poooooo, I cant get tickets :(

I found some but they were �137 each :o I'm guessing you would rather spend that on copius quantities of jaffa cakes :eat:

23 days and counting Mumble Mopp ( :lol: imagine evil laugh :lol: )

Whateva. :whistle:

23 days you say? You're not going on the 14th are you? :unsure:

15th...and no rugby tackling me outside the theatre, or I'll bring youngest dd as back up :shame::lol:

Blimey, those tickets are dear arn't they.....what about Ticketmaster..I think that's what it's called :unsure:

Edited by Bagpuss

I found some but they were �137 each :o I'm guessing you would rather spend that on copius quantities of jaffa cakes :eat:

Ooh yes I dont like Patrick Stewart THAT much. Might try the box at Leicester Sq.

Might try the box at Leicester Sq.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but they don't sell Macbeth tickets at Tkts in Leicester Square. So I guess you're going to have to go with one of my unsensible suggestions. You'd be doing everyone on this forum a huge favour if you went for the kidnap and deliver Lee :wub: option - you just know Baggy's going to be insufferable with her gloating if she gets to see him . . . :lol::devil:

For I have been promised...a Lee of my own....... :D

Oh gawd, don't start on the putting 'Lee' into Joseph songs :lol: . . . My sis has already done padody's (is that the right word?) of several Joseph song's most of which have some reference to his jealously over my other two curely haired blokes :lol::wub::lol:

(:oops: apologies Pearl for turning your thread into another Lee :wub: thread - I really should learn to control myself . . . :rolleyes:)

Oh gawd, don't start on the putting 'Lee' into Joseph songs :lol: . . . My sis has already done padody's (is that the right word?) of several Joseph song's most of which have some reference to his jealously over my other two curely haired blokes :lol::wub::lol:

(:oops: apologies Pearl for turning your thread into another Lee :wub: thread - I really should learn to control myself . . . :rolleyes:)

Yes, you really should.. :shame::lol:

Must remember to take an extra suitcase for the small gauge net & furry handcuffs.

*adds hastily*

for LEE, not mr pearl & me *blushes*

Forgot to add, public thanks to annie for pm'ing me a discount tickets webbysite for meals etc :thumbs: You lot are great.

Oh, DEEP, DEEP JOY!

I suddenly remembered a good review of Shadowlands I'd heard on the radio - Charles Dance :wub:

Googled it, found it, booked it, paid for it. Friday night 7.30

Sorry Mumble, might need the furry handcuffs for him now.

:dance::dance::dance:

Yes, you really should.. :shame::lol:

Must remember to take an extra suitcase for the small gauge net & furry handcuffs.

*adds hastily*

for LEE, not mr pearl & me *blushes*

Shouldn't that be the other way round Pearl? You are allowed to put your sticky jaffa-flavoured paws on your own hubby, Lee might have other ideas.

How generous of you to aquire a souvenir, but who will you give him to? Either way, you're going to upset Mumble or Baggy. Might be safer to buy them each a photo...

On a more academic note, Shadowlands has been getting fantastic reviews. Hope you really enjoy your break.

Edited by Bard

Shouldn't that be the other way round Pearl? You are allowed to put your sticky jaffa-flavoured paws on your own hubby, Lee might have other ideas.

How generous of you to aquire a souvenir, but who will you give him to? Either way, you're going to upset Mumble or Baggy. Might be safer to buy them each a photo...

On a more academic note, Shadowlands has been getting fantastic reviews. Hope you really enjoy your break.

Well I'm selfless like that, will do anything for a friend. Lee does nothing for me I'm afraid so he'd arrive unsullied to the recipient.

They can fight over him :lol:

They can fight over him :lol:

*Attempts NT negotiation as found in 'normal' conversation* :unsure:

Baggy, would you like to have Lee first? :unsure:

He's a bit brighter this morning, taking another day off work.

That's good :thumbs: Hopefully you'll still get your trip (even if you've decided to save the handcuffs for someone other than Lee :(:lol:). When do you leave?

Well, G has something similar, so much for half term jollies!

Poor little beastie has vomiting, high temperature, dizziness and aches and pains.

Do you think she caught it from JP, like one of those computer virus thingies, with me as the carrier?

:wacko::sick:

Hope JP is more robust than G, she is something of a wallower in her own misery when ill. Off to get my sympathetic mummy smile and voice. I'm sure I left them somewhere...

That's good :thumbs: Hopefully you'll still get your trip (even if you've decided to save the handcuffs for someone other than Lee :(:lol:). When do you leave?

Thursday pm, so we'll have thu evening, all day fri, leaving late sat pm.

I'm still feeling rough though & would really just like to stay in bed... to SLEEP! :rolleyes:

This is all mr pearls fault (of course) as he was too busy with his play to go in September. :angry:

Hope G feeling better soon Bard, sounds just the same. He was all bright eyed & flushed when I got home from work yesterday, when he's healthy he looks like death warmed up so I knew it was bad.

Hi Pearl! >:D<<'>

Not been here in a while.......family stuff! :rolleyes: But will write a very long PM to you when I get a minute, so please be prepared to be bored stupid on Sunday! :lol:

Have a wonderful time with Mr Pearl and CONGRATULATIONS!!! I have nothing valuable to add about London, seeing as I never seem to even get to the end of our road these days! Two days of lovely Museums, Galleries, Culture, Good Food, A Lovely Hubby and the best of all........Retail Therapy, enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! You both deserve it!!!

JP will be fine as usual......it's his Mother you have watch out for!!! ;):lol::P

Well, he's still off work at the mo....

And I burst into tears at work today & got sent home early!

My head hurts, my back hurts & all it took was a stroppy student (I normally eat them for dinner) & I was :crying:

I dont have a good feeling about this AT ALL.

Anyone fancy taking my place so I can have a duvet weekend?

Mr pearl is quiet & housetrained. Just dont expect him to tip in restaurants/taxis :rolleyes:

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> Pearl >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Us students can be horrible - librarian tormenting seems to be a poular past-time for students here - you'll be pleased to know it's not something I induldge in.

Can you reschedule your trip? :unsure:

awwww i hope you can get away my boys have all got this sickness bug :tearful: ds1 was up last night throwing up and im full of cold too it seems to be going round its always this time of year. i hope you both feel better really soon. >:D<<'>

Thanks all :tearful:

I'm off for an early night with a lemsip & will decide tomo - train not til 3:30

Mr pearl has promised to go to mums in the morning instead of me, & get her pension, walk the dog etc. And has offered to take a rucksack in place of one of the suitcases so he can carry it all :wub:

JP lots better

Keep everything crossed :pray:

JP lots better

Keep everything crossed :pray:

Well that's good news. :thumbs:

I hope all's OK and you make it to London :pray: - I shall know if you've made it because there'll be no choccy pancakes :eat1: when I go for lunch on Friday and they will be signs of a scuffle outside of the Lee :wub: theatre (followed shortly after by shots of Baggy's caravan on the news as police :police: play hunt the hostage :lol:)

Sleep well :)