Bad luck comes in threes!

I hope! :blink:

So far this week:

Saturday - washing machine broke down, it's the drum (worse luck) :angry:

Sunday - toaster blew up :o

Today - the boiler's packed in :pray:

:wallbash:

But...every cloud has a silver lining.

I've just won a brand new 4 slice toaster in sliver and black on fleabay for �5.19!

The washing machine part may be under warranty

I've got British Gas cover for the boiler

The joy of electrical appliances :whistle:

I've just won a brand new 4 slice toaster in sliver and black on fleabay for �5.19!

Sorry to be a party pooper, but can you explain the concept of 'Won' when you are paying �5.19+ P&P for something you haven't even seen yet? :lol::whistle:

Hen, you've bought a new toaster - but I hope it proves the bargain you're hoping for :thumbs:

Commisses and congrats on the other bits, though, and i hope soon you're enjoying hot buttered toast in a big comfy armchair next to a luvverly warm radiator (with the gentle seaside hum of a cycling washing machine for background ambience)...

L&P

BD :D

i remember "winning" a four slice toaster on ebay myself not so long ago. only thing was when it arrived it turned out to be a two slice. they did offer to take it back and replace for four slice but i couldnt be bothered with the hassle of returning and paying the extra postage cause as you know they dont return postage costs on most occassions. hopefully you will get your four slicer lol. just on the same subject my 2 year old but her dummy in the toaster hence ruining it so off to ebay for another one lol. the joys of motherhood eh.

My boiler packed up 3 years ago during a really cold snap. It was well and truly dead. Took 4 weeks to arrange to have it replaced (and god only knows how long to pay for it). I remember sitting on the draining board with my feet in the kitchen sink trying to get enough boiled water from the kettle to get a useable amount of warm water, with an electric heater on the worktop to prevent myself from frosting over. Boiler breakdowns this time of year are definitely no good!

But the good thing is, this should be the end of your run of bad luck!

I won an electric toaster and kettle in a pub quiz in a caravan park boozer...

Our 'team' consisted of me and Ben, who was four at the time...

BELIEVE me, that is not a boast about my own genius (ben probably got more right than me), but it does tell you tons about the kind of people you find in caravan park pubs in Whitstable! :lol::lol:

Hi Daisy, great to see you! :) .

Hope you get your electricals up and running soon. We're not lucky them either, a few years ago hubby, who isn't a betting man, put some money on a horse race. The horse won, hubby didn't win loads of money, just enough for a treat. We decided to go out for a nice meal. The next day, our trusty fridge packed up :wallbash: . Great timing! Talk about money going in one hand and out the other :rolleyes: .

Annie

xx