Sign in to follow this  
carrieq

Road Tax Exemption Form

Has anyone applied for this? I have the form back but can't work out if I need to fill a bit of the form out and sent to away before using it. Road tax is due at the end of next month. Also can I use to form online or do I have to take it to the Post Office to get exemption?

Thank you

Carrie

Edited by carrieq

Has anyone applied for this? I have the form back but can't work out if I need to fill a bit of the form out and sent to away before using it. Road tax is due at the end of next month. Also can I use to form online or do I have to take it to the Post Office to get exemption?

Thank you

Carrie

From memory no need to send anything away. We simply took ours to the post office and they sorted it out. They give you back the exemption form - stamped - and you then keep it for next time.

hi how do u qualify for exemption on yr tax??

donnaxx

lol that's what i'd like to know too! Can you still get it if you have low rate mobility?

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople...nce/DG_10028003

That should explain it all. Its a grey area for us. We could apply, because 95% of the time I do use the car for Logan, taking him to school and different places, but I do use it for myself and my daughter too (though generally he's with us). Knowing my luck the couple times he's not with me I'd get brought up and have to pay the fine!

Lynne x

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople...nce/DG_10028003

That should explain it all. Its a grey area for us. We could apply, because 95% of the time I do use the car for Logan, taking him to school and different places, but I do use it for myself and my daughter too (though generally he's with us). Knowing my luck the couple times he's not with me I'd get brought up and have to pay the fine!

Lynne x

That's my fear too as I use the car when she's at school (though usually to do some retail therapy of which she is the main beneficiary :lol: )

A x