Sign in to follow this  
Flora

Resource panel meetings

When the SEN resource panel meets, should they keep minutes of the meetings???

I requested the minutes of a resource panel meeting to be told that 'we don't keep minutes as such but will send you the notes that concern your son'.

surely if a panel is meeting periodically to discuss such important issues such as where a child goes to school, then surely minutes would be kept? Anyone know??

flora

i take my own minutes anyway with the aid of a Dictaphone in my pocket :devil: in my eyes what they dont know dont hurt em :whistle: thats if your in on the meeting of course which you should be shouldn't you :huh:

Edited by rach04

i take my own minutes anyway with the aid of a Dictaphone in my pocket :devil: in my eyes what they dont know dont hurt em :whistle: thats if your in on the meeting of course which you should be shouldn't you :huh:

I don't think parents are allowed to go to resource panel meetings.

??

Many years ago I was told that there were minutes, but I couldn't have a copy because they referred to other children as well.

thanks, I remember reading that, which is what gave me the idea to ask for them. I made sure to ask for the only the section of the minutes which referred to my son.

I've also asked for the information relating to my son presented to panel for their consideration.

They are apparently sending me something. I've got my county councilor on the case now, and he's in turn got members of the councils cabinet on the case. I will check with him whether or not minutes should be kept.

I'm actually starting to think that his case didn't even go to panel, or if it did the information given was biased and minimal.

flora

Edited by Flora

im am sooooooo sorry i look like a right div (not that im not) i was really tired and didnt read it properly again a really apologise :tearful:

im am sooooooo sorry i look like a right div (not that im not) i was really tired and didnt read it properly again a really apologise :tearful:

Absolutely nothing to apologise for Rach :D

flora X

All they have to do is to edit out the parts which dont relate to your child - not giving them on the pretext they relate to other kids is rubbish. Pure laziness!

If you pushed it they would have to conceed theyve not right to give you them!