pearl

Be careful what you Google......

You know my current obsession with organic, paraffin free etc candles, well I was googling for sites at work (in my lunch hour, I hasten to add) & was directed to one called Purple Pleasures....

:o

My screen filled up with a huge pink vibrating :robbie: , and there were other things that I would have NO IDEA how to use....

Quick, quick minimise, minimise, before the security guy wanders past.....

See, I found out the hard way that if you google candles, you can be directed to lovely home & gardeny sites, aromatherapy bath & body type sites, or..... something for the weekend type sites!

:lol:

The ex told me about the first time he used the internet. He was into happy hardcore music at the time, and wanted to know who did a particular song he liked. All he knew was that the band were from Holland. So he searched for "Dutch Hardcore," and you can imagine the surprise he got!

:lol:

The ex told me about the first time he used the internet. He was into happy hardcore music at the time, and wanted to know who did a particular song he liked. All he knew was that the band were from Holland. So he searched for "Dutch Hardcore," and you can imagine the surprise he got!

The mind boggles :blink::lol:

Pearl :hypno:

I've looked up for certain things, & 'other' things have come up - not good if you have a young child standing right behind you!!

... or a security guy.... :police:

A teacher friend of mine was doing a lesson about volume and capacity with her class of 9-10 yr olds. Instructed them to use Google to find out what they could about different types of containers. Two minutes into the lesson one boy yelled in alarm "Miss! Miss! I only typed in 'jugs'!" So even with a primary school filter on yer internet you can get all sorts of dodgy stuff.

Also got some interesting pictures when I was Googling Innocent Smoothies for one of J's social stories. All sub-headed along the lines of 'not so innocent'...

Karen

x

Haha, that's his story and he's sticking to it!! :lol:

~ Mel ~

One of the lecturers at my university had a website containing live video from webcams located in blue ###### nests. The traffic statistics showed that over half the people who visited the website were searching for images of women's ######.

Not that it's a word I use, but son has obviously heard it somewhere.

So when it was his turn to sort out the laundry, and one of his areas of difficulty being remembering unfamiliar nouns...

he yelled ' Mum, I've put your clean boobytraps on your bed'

Not that it's a word I use, but son has obviously heard it somewhere.

So when it was his turn to sort out the laundry, and one of his areas of difficulty being remembering unfamiliar nouns...

he yelled ' Mum, I've put your clean boobytraps on your bed'

hehehe I've never heard them called that before :thumbs: