Sign in to follow this  
paulathomson

anyone else?

does anyone else feel shy when posting to a forum?

i get so nervous about how someone else might perceive what i written that i check and delete what ive typed, then re-type and then check and delete..until i feel what i need to say is said without offending or confusing..but i still get it wrong. and to top that off by the time ive re- typed and deleted 5 or 6 times, the message doesnt end up being what i wanted to say in the first place..a watered down version..i know this is learned behaviour...

and i always feel embarrassed to ask questions or to start new topic because i dont want 'people' to think im diverting the converstaion from something interesting and important to something else not as important.. i would hog the conversation if given the chance...it pains me to admit that... :sick::oops:

im feeling brave today.. asking all the questions i wanted to ask ages ago... :clap:

:lol:

That's why I occasionally refer to my friend Mumble the Magnificent. This is only the second forum I've ever posted on, and I only learnt how to email and sent attachments last year.

Mumble taught me how to use the emoticons, how to quote and all sort of other techno-stuff that I didn't know before.

I don't get embarrassed about talking to people and askig questions. I'm a teacher, and so I'm used to looking like an idiot or a lunatic in my professional life on a regular basis. If you don't ask, how can other people know that you need help?

One of the truly wonderful things about this forum is not only the knowledge and experience that everyone demonstrates, but the kindness and patience of many of the posters.

Like oxgirl said on one of her recent posts, she shared good news with us because not only would we be happy for her, we'd understand the significance of something that others might not.

So stay, ask questions. There's bound to be someone sooner or later that will need your help.

Even if it's only to reveal the location of newer and more exotic jaffa cakes.

PS I always talk too much. Close friends have been known to hold up a hand police-officer style and say

'Time To Stop Now!'

Edited by Bard

its funny you say this because i often find myself deleting stuff i have written as i cant seem to get across what im trying to say i also would be really upset incase i offended someone as i find when i type i can be quite blunt without meaning to be. Im sure you will often see my posts are edited as i just cant get the right words out :rolleyes:

its funny you say this because i often find myself deleting stuff i have written as i cant seem to get across what im trying to say i also would be really upset incase i offended someone as i find when i type i can be quite blunt without meaning to be. Im sure you will often see my posts are edited as i just cant get the right words out :rolleyes:

thats me to a tee!!!! also i look a right nasty/hard person at times too and im not honestly :whistle:

i post on another forum not as/asd related and some of the things i put about us as a family look really weird lol so i dont post on it about j as others dont understand about living with someone with asd if that makes sense :rolleyes: i just cant seem to get out in as least words as possible what im trying to say

look been edited pmsl

Edited by rach04

LOL :lol: me too !

I have often sent posts then re -read them and think.........OMG :oops::o I hope that's not going to offend anyone, sometimes I find it hard to find the right words if you know what I mean ?

I think everyone on here though are very understanding and know how it goes, so try not to worry, I now seem to think we all think the same way. :rolleyes: no offence !........ :oops::lol:

Di. xxx :D