Sign in to follow this  
smiley

EP meeting

Hello you lot!

Just had the EP meeting ready for M's anual review at the beginning of December.

It's all go for a move to special school :thumbs: and she strongly suggested i take a look at the fabby Priory school i've been drooling over - we apparently have a strong case. :pray:

Teacher and Head are fantastic, and have begun all the pulling together of paperwork that's going to be needed. M's 1:1 is coming along to view schools with me. And i'm feeling really positive about it :thumbs:

Very weird though - good weird and bad weird....... and just plain weird, weird.

The staff so clearly want to help him - the teacher ended up teary because she really, really wants to be the one that can help him. But it's so obvious that's not going to happen. They all kept saying what a joy he is to have around (lovely to hear), and how much potential he has. But, at the same time - how very different he is to the other children, and that they can very clearly see he will struggle to live independantly when he's older without the support put in place now. Felt very much like the beginning of a goodbye - strange..

Start the school visits now - sort out bloomin' printer (who's decided now is a great time to keel over..) - and get my little 'un sorted.

:thumbs:

That was quite wonderful to read, a real treat.

Hope everything continues well.

Nicola

Good Luck Smiley, fingers crossed for you. We are looking at a Priory School next Monday....wonder if its the same one !

Clare x x x