shortcake

Best hangover cure??!!!

I've never had a hangover. It seems to go straight through me. By the time everyone else is drunk, I've been drunk and sobered up again. It's quite embarrassing really.

Apart from the obvious which TN pointed out.... ie.. don't drink.... the only real cure for a hangover is rehydration, salt replacement, and 12 hours of non-alcohol induced sleep. It's a myth that hangovers are caused by dehydration alone, and correction of this will get rid of the hangover. Hangovers are also caused by lack of REM sleep; over worked vital organs (liver and kidneys)... in short... poisoning of the whole system!

Best hangover cure.... eat a banana (or take zinc supplement) and drink as much fluid (not alocohol) before sleep and also some sort of pain relief.... On waking drink tea/water/fruit juice, take pain relief, eat, have some fresh air and then go back to sleep. when I work in the operating theatres we used to take a few gulps of oxygen if we had a hangover or felt sleepy.. worked wonders!

I thought that because I get dreadful hangovers that my liver function must be bad, but a doctor recently told me that it's when you DON'T get hangovers that you need to start worrying!

Everyone has their own theories.

Flora

Resolve is good :D I used to keep a box in the filing cabinet drawer at work to force down the bosses neck every time he came in with a hangover. That was about 15 years ago,I've the same boss but he only gets occasionally drunk now.

Hiya

Heard this from the doc on a morning programme years ago -

Ibuprofen before you go out

Ibuprofen before you go to bed

Lots of water

I have had to reserve this for 'mega bashes' since I am not supposed to take Ibuprofen!!

Also, I find that water makes me feel sick - coke or juice is much better plus crisp sandwhich just before you go to sleep!!!!!!

I am constantly researching and revising my opinions though

Gail :sick:

i shall put these ideas to use tommorrow and sunday morning as my kids are at their dads for 2 whole days so i am going to relive my younger years and go out 2 NIGHTS in a row will let you know the best one lol :rolleyes:

[[[quote

I am constantly researching and revising my opinions though

Gail :sick:

I like that idea.Perhaps I could also help on a research trial. :thumbs::thumbs: Karen.

Was out last night and mixed my wines!!!!!!!! Had quite a hangover this morning,(forgot water before bed and also did not eat enough last night)

My cure today was an extra hour in bed, water when i wakened, roll & egg & potato scone and a cup of tea. Some chocolate and lots more water.

I am fine now, managed the shop okay and will have some pasta tonight for dinner.

Usually i drink lots of water, with a glass of water in between each drink, and stick to light coloured drinks i eat a big meal and try to get to bed before midnight!!!!!!!!!!! Hah i managed none of these last night and resorted to the greasy food of my youthfull hangover cures.

Good luck everyone with this one over the festive period.

Nic

lots and lots of fresh orange juice before bed - force it down even if you don't feel thirsty.

In the morning, more fluids and a really stodgy breakfast - porridge is good.

I once had to endure a long and complicated root canal filling on a full blown hangover. I only got drunk in the first place because I was terrified of going to the dentist the following day. Not one of my better decisions. :rolleyes::sick:

K x