Annea

Good news everyone

Well after 3 years our appeal for SEN statement was arranged for next month, but I just heard that the LEA have decided not to oppose my appeal and are prepared to write a statement!

To be honest we had such strong independant reports from SALT, ed psych and OT that we feel we would have won at appeal, but it is such a relief to have got the statement.

We are still going forward for the diss discr at tribunal and now have the date for that, please keep our fingers crossed for that!

Anne

Well Done, many LEAs do back down at the Appeals date, it is disgusting, its time wasted and the child suffers in the mean time, if they just got on and did the assessment and produced the statement then children wouldnt struggle so much with what they already struggle with.

I hope that they give you a decent statement hours to make up the gap, and it makes a differece or helps to get access to the right provisions and support.

What so many services dont seem to understand that a statement is much more than educational needs, it is a statement that clearly says a child has special needs and needs extra help than a child of the same age without a disabilty and provides support in other services.

Too many children are not getting a statement now, and because of that they are not getting other entiltlements.

Good luck with the statement draft and dont sign until your happy, if they dont commit go to tribunal.

JsMum

Annea, brilliant news. Well done for sticking to your guns over such a long period of time... it can't have been at all easy.

fingers crossed here for you

flora X