Kathryn

What film makes you cry buckets?

I blub like a big girly pants at officer and a gentleman (this is after i have sneeked a peek at Richard Gere in THEM white pants :P ) Dirty dancing, Who will love my childen, Sophies choice when she has to choose between her son and daughter to be taken away urrm shawshank redemtion is another oh and the green mile so many more but i cant think of them all!

The last snows of spring. Not a well known film, I think it's Italian. It's about a boy without a mum who is dying of Lukaemia. It is so heartrending. A real must see if ever you get the chance.

oh and the green mile

i cry at any film, I cry at green mile, titanic from the part where she is first lowered in to the boat, Ghost. Click was one I cried buckets at recently although it's more of a comedy film, I then got annoyed with myself for believing that part to be the end. Stepmom oh my gosh there are loads. I did watch a film ages ago I think it was called Powder, about a young lad who was completely white, quite poorly too if I remember and he got struck by lighening. I did have a cry at that!! reading through the posts has given me another one i cry at...city of angels :crying::crying:

Edited by kellyanne

Hi All,

Definatly The Champ, i sobbed when i watched that film with my friends many years ago- we were all howling!!

Mind you these days i only have to read Take a Break and i'm filling up!!! :rolleyes:

I've just remembered another, Whistle Down the Wind.

The bit where he gives himself up so the children wont get hurt, & he stands there like Jesus while they search him.... thing is, I saw the film when I was about 7 & I thought he WAS Jesus ... :tearful:

I've just remembered another, Whistle Down the Wind.

The bit where he gives himself up so the children wont get hurt, & he stands there like Jesus while they search him.... thing is, I saw the film when I was about 7 & I thought he WAS Jesus ... :tearful:

Ooooooh yes me too, reading your post made me go all goose bumpy

Clare x x x

Ooooooh yes me too, reading your post made me go all goose bumpy

Clare x x x

Oh yes and me too. One of my favourite films. I wanted to go and see the stage play but never did.

The Green Mile.

Makes me very emotional. Fantasy aside, it's an excellent portrayal of why capital punishment should be abolished.

Flora

Blimey, I cry at everything at the telly, especially the adverts for kiddies and animals :tearful: The one with Miles in the cot, crying "mama" is awful :tearful::tearful:

Re films, so many....City of Angels when Meg Ryan is killed, Titanic when Jack dies, Green Mile (lots of times), Family Man (when Nick Cage has his last night), Finding Neverland (when Kate Winslet sees Neverland), most of the animal Disney films, although Bambi's mum being shot still haunts me :tearful: , Ghost when Demi finally sees Patrick Swayze and has to say goodbye..ooh, and the pottery scene :wub: , The Perfect Storm, Cold Mountain, she waits for him, and they finally are reunited, for him to be killed :tearful:, A.I and After Thomas made me weepy too.....I know, I know, I'm a total wuss!

When I was a kid, I couldn't watch anything like Black Beauty, Skippy, or Lassie because I'd always be in blooming tears. Ring of Bright Water made me distraught! :tearful:

Edited by Bagpuss

City of Angels when Meg Ryan is killed,

Aaaaah, now you see, I had a different reaction to this. When I was watching it, and he gave up his immortality so he could be with Meg Ryan, I remember saying as a joke, 'she'll probably die the next day'... and lo and behold so she did, and I'm sorry to say I laughed until I nearly weed me pants because it was more like a bit of extreme slapstick farce than sad!!!!

there you go, strange I am.

Flo' :lol: