pearl

New NAS film out

I had a look at those video clips and i can identify with how he felt on that bus journey - I have to travel on buses because i dont drive but i hate doing it.

I usually have my mp3 player on and listen to my music while i am travelling as it cuts out noises and people chatting and also has a calming effect but that is probably because Tom Chaplin(keane) lol has that effect on me anyway.

OK, I hope this doesn't sound stupid, but I don't get it :unsure: Why did the woman call him what she called him for looking at her name badge?

Hi Mumble it is not a stupid question.

I think that the woman did not understand that the man was looking at the name badge,

She thought he was gazing at her boobs and thought his interest was not decent. Karen.

Hi Mumble it is not a stupid question.

I think that the woman did not understand that the man was looking at the name badge,

She thought he was gazing at her boobs and thought his interest was not decent. Karen.

Ah, thanks. I thought that was maybe what was going on but his gaze was directed at the badge - maybe she'd had lots of men staring at her chest (and why wear that dress if she didn't actually like the attention?) and so thought he was doing the same.

Yes its one of those annoying double standards, that a woman can show off her assets but get annoyed when someone admires them :rolleyes: (not that AS guy was)

Such is NT life.

I found the last part in particular very scary and revealing. I repeated the clip nearly ten times and read the text accompanying it ... it is such an overload

I tried to think what my ss would do and I believe he would be standing in the middle of the street screaming and crying.. sort of a similar concept of reaction I presume, but he may react in a similar way... I am not sure.

I found the last one really thought provoking too. I know its not possibly to tell what my little man will be like as an adult - but I could imagine him being drawn to the bike wheel spinning etc. I hope they do give people a real awareness - although I'm not sure how far reaching they are as i've never seen them anywhere but the NAS website, and although I forward them to friends I know they wouldn't see them otherwise.

Lynne xx

I must admit that number 3 had me laughing & cringing at the same time. The look on that womans face!

I dont think I will send these to JPs work though. Good films but everyone is different thats the trouble & lots of what is presented there isnt really relevant to JP, plus he's much more polite!

Edited by pearl

I dont think I will send these to JPs work though. Good films but everyone is different thats the trouble & lots of what is presented there isnt really relevant to JP, plus he's much more polite!

I quite agree; it is very difficult to give an 'average' reaction of ASD people and the variation in reaction can be huge..

Pragmatic

I must admit that number 3 had me laughing & cringing at the same time.

Well I don't think it's funny Pearl, and I don't think it's supposed to be, or at least hope it's not, a joke. It's not funny when you're told to be honest and then people ask you something and you tell the truth and then they call you all sorts of names. It's not funny at all getting to a stage where you've got these things wrong for so long that you're scared to say anything in case you say the truth when you should lie or lie when you should tell the truth and then when people decide you're not worth borthering about because you don't speak much.

If it was a joke or made people laugh then that is wrong. Being autistic isn't funny.

I must admit that number 3 had me laughing & cringing at the same time. The look on that womans face!

I didn't find it at all funny. It's very difficult to work out when people want their questions answered and when they want a lie. Having done the same myself I felt only sympathy for him.

Sorry Pearl. >:D<<'>

Ignore me. I'm in strop mode at the moment - I really don't do Christmas and it's getting a bit close now. Knew I should have bought my croft on an uninhabited island in time for Christmas. :)

>:D<<'>

Having just lugged a bacon covered turkey crown home from an extremely crowded M&S, a croft in the Highlands sounds just perfick :lol:

I forgot to buy more of those lovely jaffa cakes as well :(

Pearl

I'm probably a bit sensitive at the moment. cmht provide my support but don't understand Asperger's at all. They think it's simply having tantrums and being awkward. It's giving me a lot of problems,

I can't read facial expression so I wouldn't find anything funny there.

>:D<<'> reg

I'll remember to word things more carefully in future.

I'd delete the post but as its been quoted theres not much point.

I would never, never laugh at the effects autism has on someones life - the bewildered reaction of unsuspecting NT's who are sometimes completely floored by an unexpected response I do sometimes find funny.

Hope I've cleared the misunderstanding up.

Edited by pearl

The third one shows really well the problems that come with unwritten social rules. My friend's son would say something similar to the man in the video, he is very straightforward and honest, which of course isn't something that is always welcomed if the response is not what the other person wanted to hear :rolleyes: He does apologise if someone tells him that he's said something bad, but he doesn't really understand why what he has said was wrong, when he knows it is true (eg 'that person is fat')

It must be terribly confusing for someone with ASD :(

The one of the buses reminds me of a time in the summer just gone when I took my son on a bus after watching a local show!!!! The bus was packed and it was a horrible experience as there were huge traffic jams after the show. Thank god my childminder friend was there although she was also childinding a toddler and an aspie at the time!!!

The Aspie was almost sick, my son was almost in total meltdown cos some stupid teeny girls started to mimic his behaviour and the toddler was having a screaming fit, actualy maybe it wasn't a gd idea having my freind with me!!!

The bus one really helped me understand what he goes through, when I watched it recently he made comment on it and that made me have ore of an understanding of his difficulties >:D<<'>

I think the videos give a great awareness :notworthy: