pingu

Letter of complaint

Hi everyone. this is the letter ive typed up on behalf of steve. Im sending it to.....

1) the headteacher

2) educational psychologist

3) ofsted

4) LEA

5) family phychologist

6) local papers

7) local radio

8) board of governers

Is there anyone else who needs to see what a pathetic shambles the school is????????????????

here it is. please let me know what you think... thanks

Dear Mr ******

I was arrested by armed police on Friday 30th November 2007 at your school following an incident involving a Stanley knife belonging to your art department.

My son, had accidentally packed the knife away along with his pencils during an art lesson, and feared he would be reprimanded should he take it back and admit his mistake. I offered to take the knife back (as any responsible parent would do) on my way to the doctors to pick up my morphine prescription.

Upon arriving at the school the door was held open for me by the caretaker and I made my way freely to the reception area without question. I spoke to the receptionist, who at no time appeared distressed. I told her the reason I was there and showed her the knife in a non threatening manner. I asked to speak to yourself regarding how this knife was not missed by Mrs. James at the very least. Initially the receptionist dithered about with excuses that my enquiry could not be dealt with. I had already explained the seriousness of the matter in plain english, yet the receptionist was either unwilling or unable to deal with this situation professionally. She asked me to wait outside a hall full of children, in a corridor full of children for approximately ten to fifteen minutes.

When you arrived to speak with me for a brief five minutes, you admitted the incompetence on behalf of the school, the fact that you didn?t have a clue as to the whereabouts of its dangerous equipment, you also admitted responsibly for the situation in view of the fact my son should never have been in a position to walk out of school with the knife in his bag. Procedures should have been in place and this equipment should have been accounted for, at the very least by the art teacher. But it seems that procedures were not in place and have not been in place since **** opened its doors in September. You also couldn?t tell me if any more knifes were missing, which as a parent I found very worrying. . I aired my concerns to you about the security issues around such an incident and how, under different circumstances the situation could have been dangerous. I was willing to leave it there, I had already explained that I didn?t want to make a fuss; I just wanted to make you aware of a serious security issue within your school. By that I meant my son bringing the knife from school into our family home without your staff been aware of its dissaperance.

Thinking the matter was resolved with a gentleman?s handshake, and a promise to review the schools security policy I left the building feeling assured and satisfied that I had done the right thing and the guidelines which should have been in place, may well now be enforced.

Whilst still in the school grounds, I was just about to phone my wife who was at home with pneumonia, when two armed police officers arrested me for my actions. I explained to them that the knife had been returned safely to it?s incompetent owners.

Essentially I was arrested for doing the right thing, for telling the truth and for been honest. The receptionist had no reason to feel in danger by me as at no point was my behavior threatening, I think you will find your CCTV cameras will clarify this, if indeed they were working. I also find the situation diabolical given that she advised me to wait in a corridor full of children, Had she considered me enough of a threat to involve the police then why on earth was I asked to wait in such a public area which gave me instant access to the whole school?. Had I been the madman she thought I was, then her actions would have put the entire school in danger and in my opinion that is gross neglect on her behalf.. God forbid the day a real madman walks into **** school because the staff would be completely unprepared and would undoubtedly crumble under the pressure. In actual fact the kids would be first in the firing line because the staff were proven to be useless.

To clarify.- My intentions however they were interpreted, were to return a piece of school equipment which through the negligence of your teaching staff turned up at our home. I was prepared to return the offensive weapon in a low key manner with minimal fuss, which I thought under the circumstances would have been in your best interests, .and to point out the obvious lapse in security within the school, if my child can accidentally carry a knife from the premises, how many more children can take them without question. In a school which has just merged and seems full of violence and bullying I would say this is arming the kids with the weapons they need to destroy each other.

After six hours in the police station I was released without charge, my relief was short lived however when I arrived home and realized what damage the day had done to my family. You have made a mockery of what you describe as an approachable school. In fact I will be brutally honest when I say I no longer trust your judgments and I have no faith whatsoever in whatever message you are sending out to the kids.

I did nothing wrong and I refuse to carry the can for your mistake. This is your problem and I hope you will seriously think about the serious issues I have raised as part of this complaint. The pain your incompetence and overreactions have caused my family is indescribable, and if I thought you would understand I would explain, but I have so little trust left I will leave the details for my solicitor to discuss with your legal team, I will not be made to look like your scape goat. I am not the bad guy, I never intended to scare anyone, and the farce which followed just proves to me what a joke the education system is.

I am appalled at the lack of concern that was shown to both me and the situation. Inadvertently through my actions I have revealed some serious security and even more serious health and safety issues within your school, this affects pupils, staff and the wider general public. If I am to consider sending my son back to **** school it will be with a written promise that security measures in every single area will be reviewed, updated and thoroughly adhered too by all members of staff, in accordance with the health and safety act 1974

I am now making a formal complaint about the way I was treated by your staff. I am also prepared to make public the seriousness of the security issues which you seem unaware of at **** school. As a parent I believe that education is secondary to safety and I will not send my child to a school that cannot guarantee his safety and protection and after Friday?s shambles you are a long way off proving this. You are apparently educated people yet Friday s actions made a mockery of what honesty is all about. Its basic common sense, not rocket science!. I am, what is deemed as common, but I have more sense than the lot of you put together.

You have collectively failed my child along with every child in the school by putting their lives and my own in danger. I hold you fully responsible for the damage, upset, stress and trauma you have now done to myself and my family. I just hope staff training goes some way in preparing your staff in the eventuality of a real incident.

I do not have a complaint with the police officers who arrested me as they were acting upon over exaggerated information passed on by the school. There was absolutely no need for matters to be taken to the extremes they were, if my complaint had been dealt with professionally from the start none of this would have happened. But given the seriousness of the bigger picture I?m relieved we found out now, before anyone has been seriously injured or even killed.

I would appreciate a written response at your earliest convenience.

Hi pingu. I have edited your post to remove the name of the school, which appeared around half a dozen times. While I appreciate your desire to share your annoyance, please take more care in future.

Thanks

BD

Edited by baddad

Hi pingu. I have edited your post to remove the name of the school, which appeared around half a dozen times. While I appreciate your desire to share your annoyance, please take more care in future.

Thanks

BD

sorry Bd. to be honest i never even gave it a thought, my heads in a mess please accept my apologies. :tearful:

:notworthy: very good letter.

Perhaps the police should have a copy too?

Thanks pearl, i have just been infutiated by a telephone call with my local counceller. she told me i would put my family in jepordy if i went to the media...... too late for that now its done.

I will get a copy to the police, but we have no problem with them .......its the school i want......

This is turning into a nightmare.... Steve is having flashbacks and panic attacks, ive never seen him like this before, he's said that he has broad shoulders but this has rocked even him.

He's had a ###### life for thirty years, he met me, we've fought the ###### together for ten years, and we are still limping along in the rat race we call society.... but for how much longer???

>:D<<'>

I cant imagine how stressful this must be, I just get a lump in my throat reading your posts at the mo.

I suggested the police just out of courtesy, so they were kept in the loop & had full info from you about the events leading up to their involvement. You could put a covering letter in saying you dont blame them.

B****r the councillor. Your family has already been put in jeopardy. What the hell is she on about?

Do what you need to do, but try not to let it eat you up. Put things in motion, then try & concentrate on recovery, & regrouping as the strong family you are >:D<<'>

Shaz,

Brilliant letter, I think Pearl is right it should also be copied to the police, purely to keep them in the loop as they too were dragged into this situation you may well find they will be able to support you in the future , if say you decided to take the school to court.

I am so sorry to hear Steve is suffering I think its is imperative that he see's his GP as it is very possible he is suffering PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder). As for the councillor, she is taking out her backside.

Wish I could say or do more, I am just totally horrified by what you have been put through.

Take care >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x x x

Hi Pingu.

I thought I would drop a quick note to say that if Steve is having flashbacks and panic attacks it would be worth consulting your GP before he is involved in any media coverage or interviews.If an individual has been exposed to a stressful situation and then talks about the experience with individuals who are not trained to provide appropriate support then it can lead to increased stress.Hence it is worth considering what is in the best interests of the family.Karen.

Hi Pingu

I just saw your other post and read this letter and wanted to say - excellent letter and I am shocked at how your husband was treated!! - I hope you get some justice out of all of this.

Sarah x

Hi Pingu >:D<<'>

I've been thinking about this quite a lot and I'm really not sure if you should send that letter yet.

While it was undoubtedly a really distressing thing for all of you, and you're obviously all very shaken up by it, I think you should approach it differently. You could first of all ring up and speak with, or meet with, the HT to try and get some perspective on it from both sides (if you don't feel you can approach them after all that's happened perhaps your CC could contact them on your behalf). Could it be possible that the receptionist misread your husbands body language and was genuinely under the misconception that he meant some harm? It may well be that she saw the knife and went into mental overdrive and stopped listening to his words, IYKWIM. Even if that was the case, they obviously still handled it very badly and you and Steve are right to say that they should have handled it differently; the safety of the children was obviously not at the top of their list in how they dealt with it, but it may have been the trigger as I can't understand why they would call armed police unless they were misreading the whole situation and thought they were in danger and I'm convinced this will turn out to be the case. I think a calm discussion, giving everyone the opportunity to give their perspective, should be the first thing that happens. If this fails, or they are not willing to discuss it, then of course you take it the next step. I don't know who the right people are to deal with this but victim support would be my first port of call and they should be able to point you in the right direction, or the police themselves may well be able to tell you who to go to with this. I know it's not a great consolation, but it may well be that you find through calm discussion that this was merely a stupid error of judgement on behalf of the school, and while their safety policies obviously need an overhaul, they have proved that they don't waste any time in calling on help if they perceive (rightly or wrongly) any danger. Also, bear in mind that part of their safety policy will be not to challenge or tackle anyone if they think they are a threat, although leaving the person with open access to the school was clearly another error of judgement.

Was your CC sympathetic when you spoke to her? She should be able to help you further. I do though think she was right to advise you not to go public at this point. I don't know why, but I just feel it will make you all feel worse at this stage. I think your husband should go to the GP and seek some support there which will also give you the added benefit if you do decide to take this further you can prove without a doubt the damage this has done to your husband's well being.

Really feel for you all, hope you don't mind me sticking my opinion in like this. sorry it's so garbled, but I know from my own experience that anger can blur your thinking and I thought it might help to give a different and considered perspective.

Hope you're all ok.

Flora >:D<<'>

hi pingu my hubby a 46 year old man works at sea and they are not allowed stanley knives on the boat because of health a safety rules.

why on earth are stanleys allowed in schools.its the fact they have them at all that is terrifying.

find out if it is legal for them to be in school classrooms i think you will find it is not.

im horrified by the whole debacle.....it would have been easier chucking the thing in the bin.

you tried to do the right thing and you got no thanks....this whole thing has annoyed me to.... :rolleyes: love noogsy

I read your last post and am horrified for you and your family. I know too well how schools close ranks when they are in the wrong, my son was held in a room against his will earlier this year.

Send a copy of letter to your MP as well and ask school for all reports documenting the action taken as this will give you a fuller picture and if they decline to show you it may further boost your case.

Carrie

I dont normally post on this site anymore, but someone pointed me in the direction of your other thread and this one

to help you clarify

Offensive Weapons Act 1996

4. - (1) After section 139 of the Criminal Justice Act 1988 (offence of having article with blade or point in public place) there is inserted-

"Offence of having article with blade or point (or offensive weapon) on school premises. 139A. - (1) Any person who has an article to which section 139 of this Act applies with him on school premises shall be guilty of an offence.

(2) Any person who has an offensive weapon within the meaning of section 1 of the Prevention of Crime Act 1953 with him on school premises shall be guilty of an offence.

That covers pretty much any bladed tool, but allows for common-sense application. However, it does remove the possibility that normally legal carries [ie contractors] are allowed in schools too. At least, that's the interpretation I have been given by the police.

As for the 3" rule...

Criminal Justice Act 1988

139.?(1) Subject to subsections (4) and (5) below, any person who has an article to which this section applies with him in a public place shall be guilty of an offence.

(2) Subject to subsection (3) below, this section applies to any article which has a blade or is sharply pointed except a folding pocketknife.

(3) This section applies to a folding pocketknife if the cutting edge of its blade exceeds 3 inches.

(4) It shall be a defence for a person charged with an offence under this section to prove that he had good reason or lawful authority for having the article with him in a public place.

Under (4) your husband did have good reason to have it with him, he was returning it to its rightful owner [at the very least]

Note: ANY bladed tool other than a folding pocket knife of 3" or less. So... technically a Stanley knife isn't allowed. Nor a fixed blade knife of 1" length (such as a scapel used in the school biology lab). But, again, common sense should (and of course, does :wallbash: ) prevail.

Hope that helps clarify things somewhat

Unless you have seen a solicitor I would not send your letter just yet. I say this because even if the only thing that a solicitor can do for you is to write the letter for you it is going to carry so much more weight than if it comes from you.

Sometimes we have to let those who are paid to know how to do this kind of thing do it. I would also leave all of the personal stuff out especially the bit about the morphine which I am sure the press could twist to mean anything they wished. You could say that he called in on his way to the doctors but again I would want anything I had to say to be said by a solicitor.

This is too serious to risk making things worse imo.

Cat

Thanks for all your replies.

hi Cat. We've just spoke to the solicitor. she is great. and luckily the reporter whoo is dealing with the story has done a story for us before when my son died so is sympathetic to our curcumstances. Thank you so much for your advice.... I really hope we dont Balls this up.......

Hi Flora

Thanks for your post for so many reasons, ill try to explain..... (But i am on your wavelength)

The whole reson for doing what we are doing is to expose a bigger picture? its that bigger picture which through flora I will try to explain a little of.

I've been thinking about this quite a lot and I'm really not sure if you should send that letter yet.

I sort of already have... but it's ok because i still think for all the reasons i have, it is the right move, maybe not done in the right way, but either way i think i can justify the media at this stage... ill try to explain as i go on.....

Here is where it all starts - and i thank flora for this post as she has given me something which i can use to explain just what?s happened here and why. Ill be honest with you all we have flipped our lids, and its been a long time coming. The decisions we have taken, and the way we have handled this situation so far has been the result of years and years of not been listened too, of having to fight for every single solitary thing, from freedom to our children,

I joined this site in 2004 and things were so different back then, I was confused as to what was happening to my family and you brilliant people guided me through the initial shock, and you have carried on carrying me and my family ever since..

Over the years I?ve started to understand a lot more... Friday was like the final piece in the jigsaw if you like.... we finally realized that education was ruining our children, because they keep getting it so, so so, wrong. It has caused so many problems in our fragile little family, and its all those problems and the problems they cause that is the problem... if you're still with me.

I'd never heard of Asperger?s syndrome and didn?t have a clue of what laid ahead.. but now autism, has been joined by adhd, ocd, dyspraxia, dyslexia, depression in fact all three of my children all have problems ,right across the scale in everything, or so it seems. That causes problems, which creates problems, which is the bigger picture??.. Its years of stigma, misunderstanding, and fighting the many systems which have done this to us

Friday happened because of all that, I hope you're still following me??

I think you should approach it differently. You could first of all ring up and speak with, or meet with, the HT to try and get some perspective on it from both sides

I spoke on Friday with the deputy teacher, I got the impression that the head didn?t want to speak to me, the deputy gave me the events from there side, I have since had the events from Steve?s side. I have listened to both sides, and think at this point ? I?m still justified

Because their actions were still unjustified.

Could it be possible that the receptionist misread your husbands body language and was genuinely under the misconception that he meant some harm?

Well no not really, because she and the head teacher told the police that Steve?s behavior was not threatening or aggressive at all.. In interview the receptionist said she felt ?a little intimidated? by his words - I suspect that this was at the point Steve told her he was sick of been fobbed off with ?there is no one to speak with you now ? if you?d like to make an appointment?. What she saw was a man who was frustrated at hitting his head on the same brick wall every time something needs discussing, what they don?t tell you is the appointment you need to make never materializes, because after all we have been trying to get an appointment with the relevant people for over a year as it is to discuss Liam?s problems in the school.

It may well be that she saw the knife and went into mental overdrive and stopped listening to his words, IYKWIM.

Yes he showed her the knife, but again this was done in a non threatening manner. He put it in the palm of his hand and said the following ?this is what it?s about, it?s yours not mine. It should never have been allowed to end up in my family home ? I wish to speak to the head as regards your health and safety policy?

Importantly at this point. If their guidelines were followed, then Steve wouldn?t have even reached the reception desk ?. They are not supposed to admit people through an intercom, firstly checking the person and their reasons for been there. In which case they could have refused Steve access ? thus if this were a real emergency that would save lives?

Even if that was the case, they obviously still handled it very badly and you and Steve are right to say that they should have handled it differently; the safety of the children was obviously not at the top of their list in how they dealt with it,

The fact that the children?s safety wasn?t even on there list of priorities is the reason we are so wound up. Our child with all his problems has to feel secure at home and at school, and he?s been telling us for months about the insecurities which feed his fears as he walks around the school with ?normality? all around him.

but it may have been the trigger as I can't understand why they would call armed police unless they were misreading the whole situation and thought they were in danger and I'm convinced this will turn out to be the case.

Now here is where I think I?m still justified, because the ?victims? involved have already said they didn?t feel threatened. So it leaves me wondering if they just took offence at the truth. Which is as Steve put it ?nothing more than incompetence?

I think a calm discussion, giving everyone the opportunity to give their perspective, should be the first thing that happens

We are supposed to be doing this on Tuesday, but emotionally I don?t think Steve is ready for it.

If this fails, or they are not willing to discuss it, then of course you take it the next step. I don't know who the right people are to deal with this but victim support would be my first port of call and they should be able to point you in the right direction, or the police themselves may well be able to tell you who to go to with this

Thanks, at least we have that to consider, I didn?t think of that.

I know it's not a great consolation, but it may well be that you find through calm discussion that this was merely a stupid error of judgment on behalf of the school, and while their safety policies obviously need an overhaul, they have proved that they don't waste any time in calling on help if they perceive (rightly or wrongly) any danger

yes but again behind the scenes the school and the staff knew, and accepted that steve was not a threat ? they could have stopped him been arrested at any point? it comes back to the truth?..they also failed to instigate any help when it was needed a few weeks ago when a member of their cleaning staff was attacked by two pupils in the corridor. So you are not wrong. They need to look seriously at the security issues, which they wont do unless pushed.

Also, bear in mind that part of their safety policy will be not to challenge or tackle anyone if they think they are a threat, although leaving the person with open access to the school was clearly another error of judgment

Its about the only part of the safety policy they adhered to then wasn?t it? maybe they thought the kids would deal with it for them??..

Was your CC sympathetic when you spoke to her? She should be able to help you further

No she was the opposite in fact, as much help as a chocolate fireguard?. Maybe if she?d had a gun held to her head - like Steve, she might think differently.

I do though think she was right to advise you not to go public at this point. I don't know why, but I just feel it will make you all feel worse at this stage.

I?d like to say I would consider waiting but I emailed most of it off around 4am this morning. In haste maybe?? but even so I still think I?m justified.

I think your husband should go to the GP and seek some support there which will also give you the added benefit if you do decide to take this further you can prove without a doubt the damage this has done to your husband's well being.

He is hopefully seeing his GP tomorrow. After the NHS walk in centre couldn?t help him.

He had facet joint injections 2 weeks ago for a long term spinal problem, ? through the overreactions of the school Steve was put in a police van, handcuffed and driven around for an hour before been taken to the police station. The school could have stopped this (at least) at any time.

Really feel for you all, hope you don't mind me sticking my opinion in like this. sorry it's so garbled, but I know from my own experience that anger can blur your thinking and I thought it might help to give a different and considered perspective.

I don?t mind you having your opinion at all flora ? in fact I thank you for your opinion. To see things from your perspective was very helpful and it enabled me to get things into perspective, yet after all that I can see no reason why our lives needed to be turned upside down. It also made me realize that what we are doing is still justified, because whichever way you look at it. We?re right and they?re wrong.

Hope you're all ok

Lol. We?ve been better thanks. we are just sick of sweeping all the problems under the carpet. This ?story? is much bigger and goes much deeper than I could even begin to describe here, I guess that?s what drives Steve to write his songs, because Its certainly what drives me into writing the book I started four months ago.

Whoever or whatever is responsible for creation, has slung every ###### thing at us, its brought us all together - forced us all to live together, and now expects us to get on with what others call ?life? in a society we call ?the world?

?My world? Is the name of the book ? how ironic eh.

Knowing we have the support of you lot really helps. And Id like to thank you all for your understanding. Past, - present and hopefully into the future.

Sorry its been long, theres a lot on my mind.

shaz

P.S....... Ms Phasmid. I have just noticed your post, i will go and take a good look, i didnt realise you had posted. i must have been writing this reply for an eternity.

I dont normally post on this site anymore, but someone pointed me in the direction of your other thread and this one

to help you clarify

Offensive Weapons Act 1996

4. - (1) After section 139 of the Criminal Justice Act 1988 (offence of having article with blade or point in public place) there is inserted-

"Offence of having article with blade or point (or offensive weapon) on school premises. 139A. - (1) Any person who has an article to which section 139 of this Act applies with him on school premises shall be guilty of an offence.

(2) Any person who has an offensive weapon within the meaning of section 1 of the Prevention of Crime Act 1953 with him on school premises shall be guilty of an offence.

That covers pretty much any bladed tool, but allows for common-sense application. However, it does remove the possibility that normally legal carries [ie contractors] are allowed in schools too. At least, that's the interpretation I have been given by the police.

As for the 3" rule...

Criminal Justice Act 1988

139.?(1) Subject to subsections (4) and (5) below, any person who has an article to which this section applies with him in a public place shall be guilty of an offence.

(2) Subject to subsection (3) below, this section applies to any article which has a blade or is sharply pointed except a folding pocketknife.

(3) This section applies to a folding pocketknife if the cutting edge of its blade exceeds 3 inches.

(4) It shall be a defence for a person charged with an offence under this section to prove that he had good reason or lawful authority for having the article with him in a public place.

Under (4) your husband did have good reason to have it with him, he was returning it to its rightful owner [at the very least]

Note: ANY bladed tool other than a folding pocket knife of 3" or less. So... technically a Stanley knife isn't allowed. Nor a fixed blade knife of 1" length (such as a scapel used in the school biology lab). But, again, common sense should (and of course, does :wallbash: ) prevail.

Hope that helps clarify things somewhat

mrs phasmid

Thank you very very much for this information. and thankyou for comming back to give your views. you dont realise how much that means.

i have printed it out. >:D<<'>

shaz x

Edited by pingu

Hi Pingu,

I can't find the right words, but I just wanted to say that I support you totally. Your further posts on this thread - and from everyone else - have been really coherent. :notworthy:

You've obviously worked hard at this. Make sure you take time to relax, too, especially seeing as you aren't well either.

Have a peaceful evening/night. >:D<<'>

Lizzie xxx

Edited by BusyLizzie100

Hi shaz

Hun, there was absolutely no need for you to justify yourself. I wasn't giving my perspective, I was trying to give a more objective perspective (not mine) because when you're emotionally involved it's very hard to think beyond how you feel.

I really do feel for you, and when I typed that post above I certainly wasn't giving my persepctive or even opinions. I wasn't there so I couldn't possibly have one. I certainly didn't want to add to your distress or to make you feel like you had to justify yourself. sorry >:D<<'>

flora

Hi shaz

Hun, there was absolutely no need for you to justify yourself. I wasn't giving my perspective, I was trying to give a more objective perspective (not mine) because when you're emotionally involved it's very hard to think beyond how you feel.

I really do feel for you, and when I typed that post above I certainly wasn't giving my persepctive or even opinions. I wasn't there so I couldn't possibly have one. I certainly didn't want to add to your distress or to make you feel like you had to justify yourself. sorry >:D<<'>

flora

Flora ..... >:D<<'> dont be sorry please.. >:D<<'>

whatever we call it your post really did help. it really did. and through my answering your post we have managed to grab some strength for the fight ahead.

I wanted to justify myself because its the truth and its the truth i want to share with everyone....

>:D<<'>

This weekend has been one of the hardest of my life, but its taught me one thing.... and that is you have to fight for what you know is right.... no more laying down and been walked over...... we've had enough.

The kids are in the middle of all this, and that is whats important. the school were bang out of order for what they did, moreso for the resons i believe they did it. but at the end of the day, we have kicked off about the whole security thing. its a dangerous practice to have when no guidelines are put into place.

It seems ironic that they have to live through this hell, just to get some normality. :whistle:

Take care. and no offence what-so-ever taken >:D<<'>

shaz x

Ps. Steve insists that throughout all this his overall aim was to be security concious........ how it all went soooooo wrong..... and he says..... "its all been an 'incompitent fcuk up of volcanic magnitude' on the school's part."

He also asks the question.... "Just how safe is your child's school?"

PPs. i couldnt find an alternative word for the expletive. im sorry before you tell me off. i cant help my emotions at the moment,

Edited by pingu

If possible it is really important that you do not do too much without the advice of a solicitor. It would be much better to get the solicitor to write a letter of complaint to the school, the police and whoever else. That is not to say that you're letter is not brilliantly written - but you would be best to show it to your solicitor first and get him/her to write officially for you. You also must see your GP - both of you - to record what effect it has had on the family - and tell the solicitor this too. I can just about imagine how angry and upset you are. You are so right to pursue this further.

Really hope you get some answers i am deeply shocked that a school can act this way, I agree with everyone who has suggested you and your family see the doctor at least this can be recorded on your files if it needs to be used for anything. Good luck x x