Tally

What do 11-year-old boys like?

I have to get birthday and Christmas presents for an 11-year-old boy. I've got his Christmas present sorted, but I'm stumped now.

Ideally I'd like something that will get him running about outside, or, failing that, a book. I have to post it, so it needs to be fairly small, light, and not fragile. I don't really know what he likes. Any ideas?

I used to know everything he liked, now he is like a stranger because I so rarely see him :tearful:

I was going to say anything but a space hopper, but thought no one would mention a space hopper anyway :lol:

He already has a genuine space hopper from the 70s. It was my auntie's, then she gave it to me, I gave it to my brother, he gave it to the boy's older sister, who passed it onto him.

And it still hasn't popped!

My son is 10 and enjoys both of these books:

How to be the Best at Everything

The Dangerous Book for Boys

Both of the above are good to dip into and useful if you don't know what he likes specifically as there is bound to be something that appeals to him.

He (and many of his friends), also likes the "Horrible Histories" series - loads of these, presenting the less palatable facts of history in a very entertaining and readable way.

K x

Edited by Kathryn

I know what 16 year old boys like , but eleven? Hmmmmmmm....

10 year old boy here loves :

Gameboy

Ps2

PSP and/or anything to use on them...

Books - but you'll have to know who by...

Ben also likes board games and DVD's (simpsons/futurama/top gear/brainiac etc), but again, you need to know before you buy ...

Tokens work well if he's into books and/or music, but always seem a bit lazy if you're a conscientious aunt/uncle... BUT THINK ON... a token gets the book CD you WANT, not a duplicate of one you've already got or one by a band/writer you liked LAST year!

A leather football - can't have too many

Money :)

Hope that helps

L&P

BD :D

I got my nephew a stunningly lovely money bank, shaped like a frog, correctly glazed too.

Then I put �20 inside.

My 11 years old is into light RC planes; the x-twin series and picoZ are very good- Light well boxed can be posted for less than 2 pounds and they usually cost from 20 to 30 pounds.

Pragmatic

My 11 yr old is into pokemon, but with his AS he has been into them since he was 2!

You will be best asking what he is into, as its so hard at this age.

Just got mine a funky electronic chess board thingy........ but SssHhhhh!

As a back up though he always LOVES money falling out of card, and looks for that before checking who its from :P

sorry I cant be any help, in fact shoot me

Both my boys are watching the Simpsons movie....my 12 [years old today :thumbs::thumbs::bday: ] is enjoying it.Karen.

Happy birthday to your son Karen. :bday: Hope you have a great day!

I got him a set about solving crimes and collecting forensic evidence and stuff. It looks like fun.

Now, does anyone have any ideas for a 45-year-old man who's into walking and the history of Irish placenames?

Now, does anyone have any ideas for a 45-year-old man who's into walking and the history of Irish placenames?

Space hopper? :unsure:

I have a habit of giving useful but impersonal presents unless I know exactly what someone wants/likes.

If you have the right measurement then a hooded top would be perfect. An 11 year old boy can never have enough of these.

I got him a set about solving crimes and collecting forensic evidence and stuff. It looks like fun.

How about the book ''round Ireland with a fridge'' :lol:

Tally,

Walking socks, a nice hip flask, an mp3 player, a stash of chocolate.

I have no idea for the Irish place names but can you get old maps of Ireland maybe?

Nic

An mp3 player . . . now there's an idea! I'm fairly confident he wouldn't have anything so modern, although I know he does have a computer, so he would be able to put music onto it.

I would say anything to do with transportation, often goes down well!