Sign in to follow this  
hedders

unplesent experience outside supermarket

Left supermarket for a short walk to my sisters house which dd knows the route she never walks with me unless i restrain her and she ran of infront but there were so many people i couldnt keep up

All of a sudden i heard alot of raised voices of concern of a girl running towards the road yep it was my dd but she was heading to the trafic lights where she stands in the same position all the time.

As usual no response to her name people shouting at me myself trying to explain to dd which she didnt understand then they started having a go at me as she wasnt wearing a coat " if they could see the fuss that has with her"

I wouldnt be suprised if they thought i had abucted her as she wouldnt hold my hand when i reached her and partly on that day my parenting skills did let me down

thinking about it now if i saw a 4yr old doing the same i would be angry at the parents but my dd wouldnt never of crossed the road she was following a routine i think?? not that im making excuses went there again today held her hand just had her screaming and shouting instead

Edited by hedders

There are lots of people out there who think they know best regarding bringing up a child and I think you have to just get on with it. I know its difficult but you just have to try and ignore them.

My son used to throw tantrums and roll around the floor in the supermarkets and run at shop windows and head but them.

He even used to climb into the boot of our car and we would put the but down only for him to climb through after we began to move!!!

i had a similar experience with a woman Next one winter sale. J was shouting and screaming at me and i was telling him to be quiet and that i wasn't going to listen any more (this had been going on for about 10 mins) One woman turned round tutted at me and then went on to say ' goodness me children aren't even allowed to breath anymore let alone speak'

well i was furious and told her that she should mind her own business!!!! That was just one of many occassions.

People always think they know whats best and i just think it's always the ones that don't have kids that are the worst.

No offense meant to anyone. :)

KA x x

>:D<<'> Hedders...most of us have these sort of experiences...I could reel off a long list...one that really sticks out in my mindi s one 2 or 3 years ago..me, son, ASD, daughter, ADHD had just been to the Saturday morning pictures, and were in the queue at McDonalds...the film had been a Christmas film and my little girl was waving her arms around and jumping...a man started tutting about how badly children behaved these days... and my son, who is secretly quite protective of her (don't let him know I said that!)

and was listening to Always Look on the Bright Side of Life repetitively at the time, waggled his finger at the old man and said

'if you don't stop moaning, they should take your teeth away'

that's got to be my favourite response, but I'd never dare use it.

s

xxx

i just tell them to eff off but thats really not a grown up response so ignore them,its hurtful though isent it,i used to find that when these situations happened i would brood on it and think about it for ages after

reece is exactly the same and ive had some reactions from passers by.. tutting i couldnt control my child ect ect..

it can be a total nitemare

i have to use a major buggy with reece alot of the time..

then i just get tuts that hes too old to be using a pushchair cant win really

love donnaxxxxx

Hey you have to learn to ignore people!! The times people have tutted at me while out with matty. oh and he used to run off alot when he was smaller and I would use reins on him only to be shouted at come passer by that he shouldn't be on reins as they are for dogs! why can't people mind there own business!