angel77

head teacher assult

Hi,

My son (14) is in a special school, he had an issue this after noon and was out of school. He was ringing the bell and being ignored (he didn't want to go in, just get his property) then the head teacher came to the door and "shoved him out". The head teacher openly admits this but says my son will say he punched him.

My son says " he was shoved really hard which winded him"

but now the head teacher is saying my son would usually be excluded but he will work with him, and have him out of lessons. My son had done really well up until this issue.

We had another previous issue last week, which the head teacher did something inappropriate but personal to my situation.

argh :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

thats what I feel like doing but then when I weigh up the options I think it will be worse for my son if I do.

I've talked to my son and he knows that I'm going to tell the head teacher I don't like what he has done but I do need to get things right for my son and sort it out from there.

I didn't want my son thinking it was ok for him to do that.

Angel.

but will it not be giving the head the green light to do this again? I certainly would at the very least be making a formal complaint to the LEA and or the teachers governing body. Think you need to mark his card now rather than tell him you don't like him doing that. Teachers are only allowed to restrain if there is a danger to the child or other pupils or staff. Shoving your son does not fall into any of those categories and constitutes an assault on your son. Would you let say the local vicar, doctor, Scout leader or any other person in the position of 'power' do this and not report it?

I have a friend who is a teacher and when my son reported an assault, shoving again, first thing they said was report them as 'we don't want these kind of teachers in our schools.'

What would they be excluding your son for? Ringing the bell??

What sort of special school are they? They don't seem to be teaching the children how to handle situations appropriately (just shove someone if they annoy you).

I would at least put these things in writing to the Head and the Chair of Governors, so you have a record of what happened. At least then he is unlikely to pick on your son again.

Of course thats what I want to do, but this head teacher is sly and vindictive. I have since found out that he hit my son over the head with something last year and his art teacher told him to speak to the goveners. She is no longer there. My son did not even tell me.

I don't have any other school placement options for my son, he has a dual diagnosis.He would not cope with home education. The last time I put a letter (not even a complaint) in about him being bullied the head had to speak to the school goveners. I know this because he specifically pointed it out the very next time my son had a negative behaviour and he got the first ( and only) exclusion he had ever had in the school.

I'll see what today brings, thanks for listening to me moan.

Angel.

this head teacher is sly and vindictive

all the bad ones are!

I would suggest you log each event, gather any evidence you have but please do report the matter for your sons sake if nothing else, better he be excluded than bullied like this. It is also against the disability discrimination act to exclude due to the disability.

Hitting over the head is ASSAULT

Teacher restraining

It needs a urgent meeting with education bodies and your self, its a child welfare issue, if your suspecting your child and possible children are being abuse then this needs reporting, no matter what events has led to the incedents the teacher should not be behaving in a way that can cause harm or distress.

report it and ensure that the school is a safe enviorment to be in, Education shouldnt even be a thought if I felt my son was at risk of abuse then I would remove him with the support of the Education Welfare Bodies.

JsMum

Well its gone right to the "top" now, Ive reported the incidents with other issues too and I'll see how it goes. The good thing to come out of is that the autism support will be put in immidiately and I feel better just airing my grieviences.... and think I've done the right thing for my son.

Thanks for all of your advice.

Angel.

Hi Angel - you have done the right thing - and I appreciate how hard it must have been - good on you! :thumbs:

I hope things start to improve soon

Luv Witsend.

Thank you all for your replies.

I'm not sure how I can keep my son in the same school now as I have reported these issues. Although I probably don't expect any actions!!!

Angel.

Well done, Angel, it took a lot of guts to stand up to this bully and not be intimidated by him. You never know, it might lead to complaints coming out from other parents who might have been put off before from complaining about incidents. I hope you get a really positive outcome. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

Angel,

You have done nothing wrong.

I am very proud of you at reporting the incidences. Remember it is not just your child who would of had trouble at the school it is other children as well.

Hence, you are protecting all the children

Lyn

thank you, Even though I hate the situation I am in now at least I know he will not be able to get away with it again. At the very least he will have to be very careful, I know he will have to treat my son properly now and not shove and threaten......and the other children too.

Angel.