ScienceGeek

Shaving

For those of you who shave how do you deal with it? I normally leave shaving as long as possible as it hurts (not cuts as I hardly ever cuts), the actual act of shaving hurts. The thing is as the weather warms up having facial hair is really uncomfortable and would rather not have it. :unsure:

Hi SG

The longer you leave the shaving the more it hurts, shaving on a regular basis is less hurtful. For me I now use the old fashioned shaving soap I buy from Asda with a shaving brush and I get the water as hot as I can. The hotter the water and the more I use the brush the less painful the shave. Also using a good razor helps. Using a razor on growth more than a day old will blunt the blade whereas using the new Gillette razor (sorry forgotten name) on a regular daily basis will make the shave more comfortable.

I used to get a shave and haircut in the middle east and they use to use the old cut throat razor followed by a head massage and a neck twitch. Not sure what you would call it but they would twist your neck and then give it a sudden jerk and it would crack. In the end I couldn't take this anymore and refused to let them do it as the noise that came from your neck could not have been good for you at all.

I shave B after a bath, don't use foam/gel but something I was recommended called K*ng of Sh*ves.

You only need a couple of drops and it forms a slick on the skin, but can still see what I'm doing(teenage spots etc)

B's got sensitive skin, so I have to be careful what I use on him, the razor has an adjustable head and three blades.

He also moisturises afterwards, but he's made the link between shaving well and reduced amounts of spots so the whole process isn't much bother three times a week.

He tried an electric, but doesn't enjoy it for whatever reason; noise, using it himself, buzzy vibration.

you could try electric shaving once maybe twice a day depending on growth.

I luckily can get away with electric every 48 hours but i do not like the sensation much so do it quickly as possible.

I did have to learn wet shaving in my basic training as everyone was made to, but i hated it as it made my skin sore despite apparently using correct products and having been shown how to do it correctly.

We use the stuff Bard mentioned on our son and shaving foam in an effort to make it more comfortable. He really hates being shaved and couldnt tolerate an electric razor. He winces and wriggles all the way through, poor lad.

Ugh. Tried again today. Better than last time in terms of closeness, but more blood. Forgot that they were new blades. Am now a grumpy mr J with skin that feels like it is on fire and a cracking headache, boo! :rolleyes:

Better than last time in terms of closeness, but more blood.

Have you been taking lessons from a Mr Todd? :unsure:

we use a electric razoe for kieran i say we as because of his co ordination i have to shave him but unfortunately he ll only get shaved when he looks something like robinson crusoe or cat weezle which is a total night mare first i have to use the hair trimming piece to make it a bit thinner and then the actual razor we are talking about 20 minutes to do what should be a few minute job and he jumps about like zebedee if it pulls so we have to wait untill he s ready for round two bless him.He did once go into the bathroom and try to shave with a disposable razor and took a chunk out of his face