Sign in to follow this  
hedders

gathering evidence of school attainment levels for yr 2

This is a brief letter if someone can check to give teacher tom for app on tuesday

In regards to our dd annual report we would like to obtain her baseline assessment levels and sublevels in maths, English and Science from

Beginning of reception yr - end of recpetion yr

beginning of yr 1 - end of yr 1

beginning of yr 2 and current levels

We would also like information on any additional educational support dd is recieving and if she is classed as being on p scales for national curriculum

Any advice welcome

I know that they deny the existence of an IEP but it is worth specifically asking fo a copy of any IEP which has been in place from reception todate or any "support plan" or "otherwise described plan". If she has 1-1 surely there must be some means of telling the TA/LSA what to work on ? Timetable for the support, minutes of any meeting to discuss the support to be given and any feedback, copies of any notes by the TA/LSA or teacher about the support provided ? Might seem over the top but they have been evasive so far!

I would put:

Address

Date

Dear Mrs x

Re: dd

Following our recent discussions, I am still unclear as to how much progress dd is making.

Please could you provide the following information:

dd's baseline assesment levels

dd's P/National Curriculum sub-levels for Literacy, Numeracy and Science at the end of Yr R

" " " " " " at the end of Yr 1

" " " " " " currently.

I would also appreciate a clear description of any support that she has received since joining your school, including copies of any IEP's.

Yours sincerely

Mrs Y

Put in when you would like the reply by (it may not be possible to get it before the meeting, but if you ask for it to be available at the meeting, you are entitled to make them go and find it if they don't bring it).

Make it look formal. Mark the envelope URGENT. Get them worried!

I know you have concerns around speech and language provision. You could add an additional papragraph asking the school to advice you what inpt dd has had from external professioanls since starting school and at what intervals?

If shes not making prgress and they say no ones been in its another nail in their coffin.

Thanks so much i have copied your letter going to do some more reserch so another late night as i need to gather info for hubby so he knows some facts.

Just like to add might come across abit of a moan but she had an iep in reception yr for literacy and it took her a yr to achieve them but couldnt adapt them to other things it was removed by senco as she pressured me into signing that i agreed dd didnt need one

Also had speech and language therapy for 4 months in reception yr and head and senco removed her as they said she made great progress and the head had a meeting with her slt who discharged her but 1.1/2 yrs later i managed to get her reassessed by slt which showed she hadnt made any progress

Also the 1st pead discharged her in recpetion yr again because meeting with the head and i was invited but the head was adiment nothing was wrong with dd and i was just worring over nothing so she got discharge 6 months later i managed to get her referred to another pead and was referred to an ot but the school refused her recommondations she has since discharge dd but is willing to have her back if needed .