Sign in to follow this  
BuntyB

police at the door tonight

Apparently they were concerned about my daughter's state of mind because of what she posted on the internet. I think she was really shocked they went up to her room to see her. I don't know exactly what she's said but they have said it will have to be reported to social services.

They didn't know what Asperger Syndrome was and said dd didn't say much to them (not surprisingly)

I've tried to talk to her but she just shouted "leave me alone" over and over again.

I've ended up leaving her in her room with a new book to calm her down and she has stopped crying now. I just don't know how to help her. It's awful when they're upset and you just want to hug them but they won't let you, isn't it? :tearful:

I guess she might think I am cross about the referral because it will come to the office I work in and I expect I will have to be interviewed depending on what she's written.

I was thinking she'd been a lot happier recently.

Hi Shona

How awful for you especially when you can't communicate to find out what's disturbing her. All you can do is be there for them and try and look after yourself in all of this. The importance of this is as you know they all rely on you! What more can I say except what an exceptional mum you must be.

erm how do they know daft question,but is there a internet police service that minitors what people do,on the intrnet? is that how they track nasty people who look at child abuse?

I'm sorry to hear this, but shouldn't the police have discussed the situation with you?

They haven't a clue have they. I have delt with the police over my son because he jumped out of his window during a meltdown and I didn't know where he ran to. The police came (my son was back by then) and didn't have a clue what an autistic spectrum disorder was and didn't want to disturb my son (they just seemed really scared after I explained about his behaviour), it was pointless.

If the police have to report something about your child (how old?) then surely they have to tell you? Sorry I just do not understand why they have left you out of the loop and how did the police know what had been typed?

I hope you get it sorted X

erm how do they know daft question,but is there a internet police service that minitors what people do,on the intrnet? is that how they track nasty people who look at child abuse?

Hi, yes, if there is a child protection issue, they can trace the IP address.