caz2007

adult with AS?

hi there.

what the main simptons of as in aduits?

i'm 23 years old and have a few disablitys

thanks

cazzie

There goes the 100,000 $ question! :P

You can have a look at the diagnostic criteria of the WHO (ICD-10).

Or you can take a few online tests and have a look at your results.

The longest one is at RDOS.

If you want to have a look at books, many of them are described here.

i just down test at RDOS site and got

Your neurodiversity (Aspie) score: 106 of 200

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 83 of 200

You seem to have both Aspie (neurodiversity) and neurotypical traits

can someone interpret these scores

can someone interpret these scores

The scores don't say what they mean statistically, so are impossible to read other than the conclusions they give.

Mine was:

Your neurodiversity (Aspie) score: 169 of 200

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 27 of 200

You are very likely an Aspie (neurodiverse)

Well I am autistic, so they're right. What I found interesting/worrying was the bit on other diagnoses - it said I'd probably also be dx'ed: OCD, ADD and social phobia - it's enough to scare someone a lot. Oh and it said I wouldn't be dx'ed dyslexic :lol: So one bit of me works, at least!!!

Edited by Mumble

OK, I just had another look - if you have a PhD in statistics and click on 'aspie quiz evaluation' it goes through their trials, items loadings etc. and gives a detailed breakdown for each factor. It's not exactly easy to follow - I got the gist of what they were doing, but it's not really helpful to anyone who just wants to understand what their scores might mean to them.

My score for that was:

Your neurodiversity (Aspie) score: 187 of 200

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 20 of 200

Asperger/HFA/PDD 192 Your diagnosis is very likely correct

Dyslexia 141 This doesn't seem to be a primary diagnosis

:lol:

here are my scores, i am a diagnosed aspie

Your neurodiversity (Aspie) score: 161 of 200

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 32 of 200

Asperger/HFA/PDD 182 Your diagnosis is very likely correct

Social phobia 169 You very likely will be able to receive the diagnosis

OCD 162 You very likely will be able to receive the diagnosis

ADD/ADHD (Attention Deficit Disorder) 145 You very likely will be able to receive the diagnosis

Dyslexia 81 This isn't a primary diagnosis you should seek

i was expecting the ADHD 1 to be likely to recieve diagnosis but was suprised by the OCD and social phobia!!!

suprised by the OCD and social phobia!!!

I think we have to take such scores very cautiously - after all, OCD and social phobia characteristics are part of autism, and such online tests are unable to distinguish what is autism and what might be a co-morbid.

I think we have to take such scores very cautiously - after all, OCD and social phobia characteristics are part of autism, and such online tests are unable to distinguish what is autism and what might be a co-morbid.

I think you are right. Mine said OCD and social phobia as well.

Your neurodiversity (Aspie) score: 133 of 200

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 51 of 200

But I think we may have kind of got distracted from Caz's question :lol:

Everyone's different, so it's difficult to say what will be your main symptom. Also, you will have developed coping mechanisms which may disguise certain symptoms.

For me, I find social situations really hard. I don't know what to say, and I end up saying nothing at all. Often when I do speak, I say the wrong thing and upset people, when I don't mean to at all. I think that is the most obvious thing, that I do not speak much, and when I do it tends to be about cats.

I also like routine, and get upset if I have to do something different to how I planned it.

Edited by Tally

I also like routine, and get upset if I have to do something different to how I planned it.

My mum was telling me about how I used to get really distraught about things going differently to the way they were planned. Having to know everything in advance down to the train platforms we had to change at, exact times and so on. I still get very upset if things don't go the way that I thought they would.

I got:

Your neurodiversity (Aspie) score: 131 of 200

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 58 of 200

nobody can easily write a list of symptoms for adults as the nature of being on the ASD means there are infinite combinations of symptoms and severity of symptoms. i guess the ICD-10 text is the best there is but not necessarily in easy to understand words. or maybe a book by Atwood or one of the other recognised experts in the field.

I got:

Your neurodiversity (Aspie) score: 159 / 200

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 50 / 200

You are very likely an Aspie.

I also scored such that it said I would get a diagnosis for OCD and Social Phobia, but I did not take note of the numbers. Some of the questions were quite repetitive in their content.

I have given up on social situations and only go out with my husband and family. I have been in the same job for 18years and most people know me. I function fine on the professional level but do not cope at all with unexpected encounters with people. I attend few office gatherings.

just remember to accept the online test for what it is, just a online test. It may be helpful for you as it can when looked at the breakdown show other areas to look into and specific aspects of symptoms you may display.

i do feeling a blit supied now but i'm doing the quiz for as and i come to an qustion and dont understand it

Do you have difficulty describing & summarising things for example events, conversations or something you've read?

thanks

caroline

i do feeling a blit supied now but i'm doing the quiz for as and i come to an qustion and dont understand it

Don't worry - when I had to fill in questionnaires for my actual dx, there were three questions I didn't understand (two involved metaphorical language). I had to ask my tutor, and then I put a covering letter with the questionnaires explaining that I didn't understand - this was then used within the diagnostic interview.

Do you have difficulty describing & summarising things for example events, conversations or something you've read?

I think it means that if you say, read a book, do you find it difficult to tell someone else what the book was about?

:wacko: ..............got high scores for ADD/ADHD.............OCD.............and dyslexia........and social phobia..........not what I expected...........was a little unnerved by the question about making/setting traps..........(.I presumed it to be traps like animal traps and not social type conversational traps :hypno: )

.............I can remember spending many a breaktime at school fashioning traps out of twigs and leaves to trap fairies in............ :hypno: ..........and later making traps in the woods and getting an unsuspecting friend to walk over it and fall in some mud...........(odd behaviour :whistle: )...........

later making traps in the woods and getting an unsuspecting friend to walk over it and fall in some mud...........(odd behaviour :whistle: )...........

hahahahaha! Sounds familiar. We were evil and did it with some clear wire between a fence and a lampost, watching people trip and fall flat on their faces :rolleyes: