hev

lovely day out

took k and s to margate today,involved 2 trains but s coped realy well :thumbs: we had a paddle on the beach,ice creams,just a realy nice day,i was nervous cos it dont normaly work taking them both out,i also took my 72 year old dad whose partialy sighted and gets confused but i thought stuf it,in for a penny and all that!! feel really proud of myself,a small thing to others but i know you lot will know what i mean

How lovely to hear when things go well. :thumbs:

yeah it does make a nice change hearing something going wel in my life doesnt it :lol:

took k and s to margate today,involved 2 trains but s coped realy well :thumbs: we had a paddle on the beach,ice creams,just a realy nice day,i was nervous cos it dont normaly work taking them both out,i also took my 72 year old dad whose partialy sighted and gets confused but i thought stuf it,in for a penny and all that!! feel really proud of myself,a small thing to others but i know you lot will know what i mean

So glad you had a fab day.

I made the error today of taking 2 of the kids to London dungeons. Daughter (12 with AS) freaked out, and became hysterical, poor lamb she was terrified. My stupid stupid fault, didn't think. There were strobe lights, and scary sounds, things to make her jump etc etc. What an idiot I am. My nt son age 9 wanted to go so much, and daughter was up for it until reality hit. So I took them out an emegency exit, and had to call her dad to come from his office as she wouldn't stop shaking. I even had to do the paper bag panic attack thing. I can't believe how thoughtless and stupid I was. After an hour or so she was fine, and we went to the science museum instead, where she had a wonderful time with all the experiments, and maths stuff and energy things! Some days she seems fine, and I think I can treat her like any other 12 yr old, how wrong could I be, and I'm her mum. Still a lesson learned with thankfully no harm done.

Next time I think a day by the sea sounds a much better option

harmony feeling guilty x

Great stuff! :thumbs:

Just occured to me though, you've just been to Margate today and it was on the news just a day or so ago that the scenic railway there got burnt to the ground...

Last we we arranged to meet at Greenwich at the ship and just before we went it met a similar fate... Hmmmmmmmm.... Thinks.............. don't invite hev for tea..........

She's a fire starter - twisted fire starter (hey hey hey!)

:D

So glad you had a fab day.

I made the error today of taking 2 of the kids to London dungeons. Daughter (12 with AS) freaked out, and became hysterical, poor lamb she was terrified. My stupid stupid fault, didn't think. There were strobe lights, and scary sounds, things to make her jump etc etc. What an idiot I am. My nt son age 9 wanted to go so much, and daughter was up for it until reality hit. So I took them out an emegency exit, and had to call her dad to come from his office as she wouldn't stop shaking. I even had to do the paper bag panic attack thing. I can't believe how thoughtless and stupid I was. After an hour or so she was fine, and we went to the science museum instead, where she had a wonderful time with all the experiments, and maths stuff and energy things! Some days she seems fine, and I think I can treat her like any other 12 yr old, how wrong could I be, and I'm her mum. Still a lesson learned with thankfully no harm done.

Next time I think a day by the sea sounds a much better option

harmony feeling guilty x

I did this with B when he was 11 and had the same reaction, he powered his way out back the way we had come, growling and snarling at anyone in his way. I think the tourists thought that he was one of the character actors. They didn't try and stop him!

It had been his idea to go, other children at school had told him how great it was and he really wanted it. He calmed down with food and watching the river for a while. Two members of staff came out to check he was ok.

We went back at his request for his 13th birthday and he enjoyed it a lot, right to the very end.

Don't feel guilty, you tried something and it didn't work. You didn't make her stay and you weren't cross with her. No harm done, and she might try it again sometime...or she might not. You are a good parent.

I once had to rescue my daughter from the Ghost Train on Brighton Pier. She had persuaded me that she really wanted to go, and I was tired. I heard the rational, articulate words and the persuasive logic and said yes. I forgot that although she usually sounded like a 12 year old, chronologically she was 6.

I stood with B in the buggy and watched her disappear into the hole and just as I came to my senses and thought ' OH MY GOD!!' I heard this ear piercing shriek, 6 seconds later the whole ride stopped and she was rescued by the staff.

She dined off that for weeks.

Guest Lya of the Nox
Great stuff! :thumbs:

Just occured to me though, you've just been to Margate today and it was on the news just a day or so ago that the scenic railway there got burnt to the ground...

Last we we arranged to meet at Greenwich at the ship and just before we went it met a similar fate... Hmmmmmmmm.... Thinks.............. don't invite hev for tea..........

She's a fire starter - twisted fire starter (hey hey hey!)

:D

lol :whistle:

glad you had a good time tho hev >:D<<'>

I don't think it's a 'small thing' at all, hev. I think you're enormously adventurous embarking on a day like that, there's no way I'd have coped with all that, I couldn't even go on an expedition like that with just Jay alone, it'd be too much for me. I salute you :notworthy::notworthy: and am glad it turned out well for you all. :thumbs:

~ Mel ~