hev

which comedians do you find funny?

Hah! Well, my Dad birdwatched with Bill Oddie! Ornithology type birds, mind, not mini-skirted, push-up bra wearing kind!! :P

Aaaaand my Mum met Duncan Goodhew on the train!

Woooooo......how do I cope with such a claim to fame, huh?

Ooh, my big cousin is in a band thats very big in Germany too!!

Esther x

ooh I met Billy Connolly once, when i was a wee lassie at Greyfriars Bobby. He tickled me and asked if i'd been kissing the boys cos i had no front teeth :wub: Lol!!

My dad bird watched with Odd Billy (not the ornithilogical kind, but the mini-skirted push up bra wearing variety)

And my mum went to Dunkin' Donuts on the train - she brought me back a sticky willy but my dad gave it to Odd Billy in exchange for a go with his binoculars - chiz chiz!

Erm........ off for another lie down............ i think the skool holidays are getting to me....

Oh forget to mention - My little cousins in a German big-band that's small in Brussells (but then everything's small in Brussells which is why they invented the micro-cabbage for easy transportation through the narrow streets)... and my medium sized bandy-legged cousin is in a small band that got banned in Germany becaused they called their band the band and there was already a band called the band... don't bandy that about though - it's a secret...

Oh my claim to fame - my cousin was in a band with Bob Dylan ;)

i was len goodmans dental nurse for 2 years(strictly come dancing)before he was famous,he lives in gravesend

i was len goodmans dental nurse for 2 years(strictly come dancing)before he was famous,he lives in gravesend

In my extremely brief teaching career I taught 'A' Level Classical Civilisation to Michael Caine's daughter!

Boho :dance:

Edited by bid

I celebrated the turn on the century in a house on the same street as Michael Caine's. Just after midnight, we all went outside to let off a few rockets, but he obviously had some professional display which went on for several minutes, and then ours looked really pathetic. Was fun though.

I've also met Mick Hucknall, Dean Gaffney and Max Clifford because they shopped at the supermarket where I worked.

My dad met many politicians when he ran a shop near Westminster. Once a customer phoned to complain that she'd been overcharged for a yoghurt, �30 instead of 30p, as it was such a large amount, my dad agreed to deliver a refund, and got a bit of a shock when they told him her address was 11 Downing Street, so he merrily trotted off with �29.70 and a bunch of flowers for Mrs Lamont. He also entertained Thatcher and the president of Hungary, who was on a state visit to the UK. He told my dad his shop was very nice, and asked how they stop the customers from coming back. He couldn't get his head round it when my dad explained that they actually want people to come back! Thatcher had a nice sit down and chatted to the staff in the canteen, was apparently really friendly :o

i love lee evans!!peter kays great too.chris rock.i met micheal flatley once.hes not surprisingly very big headed.i also used to dance with toni lundon from liberty x :thumbs: me and my parents went too bob geldoffs garden party when i was very young.i have no idea how we actually got invited lol

Edited by anita81

Oh, and the comedians question . . . My favourites are Hugh Laurie and Rowan Atkinson. Also quite enjoy Stephen Fry, Lee Evans, Paul Merton and Monty Python. I'm not really big on comedy, but I enjoy sarcasm.

Just caught the 'Queen of Sheba' episode of the Royale Family where Nana dies.

What can I say...sheer comedic brilliance :notworthy:

Exquisite, compassionate observation of the human condition... :tearful::lol: ...everything in one half hour.

Always catches me, as it was aired not long after I had to run down a similar hospital corridor to say a last goodbye to my lovely dad.

Boho :tearful:

An almost perfect episode..

I saw it for the first time a few weeks after my mother passed away after a long illness. The part where they filed past to say goodbye was incredibly moving and very similar to my recent experience.

It had me laughing and crying at the same time.

Simon

Just caught the 'Queen of Sheba' episode of the Royale Family where Nana dies.

What can I say...sheer comedic brilliance :notworthy:

Exquisite, compassionate observation of the human condition... :tearful::lol: ...everything in one half hour.

Always catches me, as it was aired not long after I had to run down a similar hospital corridor to say a last goodbye to my lovely dad.

Boho :tearful: