durhamlass

Another newbie...

Hi there, just dipping my toes in the water, seeing how it feels so to speak.

My name is Sarah, I am from County Durham, and I have a wee girls of 5 who has recently been diagnosed with Aspergers. There, I said it.

Not a huge amount of family support, and flying blind a bit as to info etc on helping her and the rest of out family so always on the lookout for any advice. Other than that, we are all pretty sane and sensible!

Nice to meet you all!

sarah

Hiya sarah :D

How was it? water not too cold, I hope!

sane and sensible... you might find that a bit of a draw back, but taking everything else into account I'm sure you will find heaps of support and useful information (along with the useless - watch out for anything with 'hev's' name on it ;) )

welcome to the forum!

:D

A nice warm welcome, hope the bubbles are adding to the feeling that its a nice warm place here, I am sure you are going to get some good advice and helping you with your daughter, feel free to ask any questions and the boards are full of information on all sorts of isues like Education, health services and what rights your child has.

JsMum

>:D<<'>

Hi Sarah

You have come to the right place. There are plenty of people here whio understand exactly what you are going through right now.

The first few weeks after a diagnosis are a full of emotional ups and downs, so take care!

Simon

Hello sweetie. Glad to have you here.

The guys on here are wonderful and really do understand what you're going through. Lots of help and support and plenty of giggles too!

Take care

Shamu

;)