KateBall

How do yours cope when they're sick

My ds obviously had picked up a bug of some sort and spent all of yesterday in his bed watching tv interspersed with running to the loo to be sick. However what I found different was that he didn't want us around at all to help him. He wanted to be on his own. Also he took all his clothes off - pyjamas and all - and had to be naked all day. Thankfully he's fine now but it was very difficult not being able to comfort him whilst he was sick but that's what he wanted - absolutely no fuss. Just wondered if it's typical AS type behaviour at all?

pleased he's feeling better now! My Daughter (14) is exactly the opposite! The whole world has to know and sympathise when shes not feeling well, she mopes around making dramatic moans and groans and is convinced that nobody else has ever been as ill as her!

Lol, my son is pretty much the same with sicky bugs and just likes to stay naked!!

If he has physically hurt himself though he wants you to look at it, will keep going on about it but doesn't want you near him to comfort him. >:D<<'>

Glad your son is better now

Bim's very similar. He's really calm and capable for a 7 year old. He doesn't need the whole street hearing him like his big sister does.

Vomit doesn't repulse him. Nor does vomitting. Maybe that's why? Hmm....

My lad has been ill all week with a ear infection(not fun cos it meant he couldn't wear his hearing aids so that also upset him as he couldn't hear a thing)-he is clingy when he is ill and also the world and its brother has to know he is ill in minuet detail. But if he is hurt it is a different story you cant go near it. Also he hates me being ill for some reason he is convinced if im ill il die!!!

My DS has never wanted any fuss when he's ill, he wants to be left alone to watch the Pink Panther with his duvet over him. He rarely wears clothes at home but when he's ill he wouldn't be persuded to wear anything but pants if I'm lucky! I know that he's really ill when he can watch more than half of an episode without jumping up and down!

I know that he's really ill when he can watch more than half of an episode without jumping up and down!

That is exactly how i know if my ds is ill too!!! He is always on the go and rarely ill, when he is unwell he normally stays in my bed, watches telly and shouts down his demands (like juice) :lol: He is quite happy to be on his own too and is always taking his clothes off wheather unwell or not!!!