hev

dads been dx

doctor came to dad last night and said he has senile dementia :tearful: since he had his stroke hes been forgetful and confused so we thought it was that but its been lot more so lately,forgetting people he saw an hour ago then fine next minute

i dont really know a lot about it to be honest only the bits that he might eventually forget who i am but that hopefully wont happen,how could anyone forget me ;) i feel bit weird today,i have noticed dad gets very stresed lately as well and goes into moods for no reason,im thinking thats a sympton,hes a strong man anyway so im thinking positive,its just the things you read which worry you sometimes though isent it

hev, :( Hope you're ok, you've got a lot on your plate haven't you :( Sorry to hear about your dad, how is your mum taking this news?

Love Flo' XX

My lovely dad had vascular dementia as a result of a series of strokes.

If you ever want to talk about any of it, just PM me, hun >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Boho xx

i know ive said it before but i feel very lucky to count you lot as my friends >:D<<'> thankyou

Sorry about your Dad honey, you have a lot to deal with at the moment, stay strong >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

soraya :clap::clap: been waiting for you to post,was just looking in the directory for a private detective to hunt you down,then you posted!!

dads ok today,im wondering if you have to have brain scans to see how far advanced it is?

So sorry hev. About the brain scan - Mum had one last year cos we thought it was dementia, but it showed up a stroke which has only destroyed her short term memory not long term - so I'm guessing yes. You need a definite dx as it affects his treatment.

>:D<<'> I'm relly sorry to hear about your Dad! sending you love and hugs >:D<<'>