Sign in to follow this  
ScienceGeek

Varying IQ

I was wondering if anyone else had a widely varying IQ depending on performance as I do. I've had good days when my stress is down and not having sensory overload I have got up to 147, but then on the otherhand on a day of great stress and sensory overload I got 109. My gfs IQ no matter when tested is a stable 134, so I was a bit concerned that it would vary by so much!

I can't for the life of me remember where I heard it, but I was told that anxiety has a huge impact on IQ and performance. It was something to do with my son, as for many of his assessments he scored lower than expected, and that was put down to anxiety.

As far as I know from reading, you cannot score higher than your IQ is, but due to stress you very well can score lower, so you have to assume that 147 is the correct value and 109 is due to stress.

Sadly, for Aspies the IQ isn't a good indicator for their success at their jobs etc. I think that's why SBC introduced the EQ.

I've done a few iq tests and mine varies the lowest being 85 which was done by clinician so has been formally recorded but I went to a grammar school and passed ll plus so it must have been around 110 at that time.

Also I've done a few others the highest recorded at 145, what I found was the more intelligences it measured the higher it was, the less ie just verbal and logic the lower it was.

I don't think intelligence is something you can truly measure, (you may be able tomeasure how wellsomeone can do academically but there is more to intelligence than that,) ie animals have intelligence birds that migrate using complex sensor radar, the animals that did not get killed in the tsuanmi as their intelligence/senses told them it was coming and their senses weremore reliable than all the complex equipment humans possess.

I've read of other people on the specturm having hugely varying iq when tested repeatedly