Bard

Science Museum

This was mentioned a while back, but does anyone want to get together for a sortie into the Science Museum in South Ken?

We can't manage the first weekend of half term, but Wed 28th to the Sunday is fine.

If not, see you in Greenwich.

I mentioned it a while ago and it got lost in the middle of a thread somewhere, so thanks Bard for reviving the idea.

Half term is impossible for me because of work and the play I'm in, :crying: but go ahead anyway.

K x

We can pick another weekend...I didn't know you were a thespian daaaarling!

Yes please :)

Ohhhhhhhh I'm jellus, too far for us :(

We could have it in the Lakes :) I could show you the mountain views DMB and I had :D

Tis more the combo of science museum/lovely peeps that attracts, Mumblie. Now if you could transport the science museum up Helvellyn or wherever ... :thumbs:

Tis more the combo of science museum/lovely peeps that attracts, Mumblie. Now if you could transport the science museum up Helvellyn or wherever ... :thumbs:

Now that sounds like a challenge ... :ph34r: It's free to get in the science museum, so I could shift the exhibits bit by bit and they might not notice ... :whistle: *wonders whether a Babbage difference engine will fit under jumper and set off scanners/police sniffer dogs at stations*

Now that sounds like a challenge ... :ph34r: It's free to get in the science museum, so I could shift the exhibits bit by bit and they might not notice ... :whistle: *wonders whether a Babbage difference engine will fit under jumper and set off scanners/police sniffer dogs at stations*

:lol: that reminded me of M*A*S*H, did you ever see it or are you too desperately young? When Radar posted an entire Jeep from Korea to America in teeny tiny parcels :lol:

:lol: that reminded me of M*A*S*H, did you ever see it or are you too desperately young? When Radar posted an entire Jeep from Korea to America in teeny tiny parcels :lol:

Mmm, mash - mash and sausages - yum. And Mash Martians :lol: But otherwise, yes I'm too young and unwrinkled :lol:

M*A*S*H*

Loved it, saw every episode. There are distinct advantages to this being old...er business, and watching classic TV when it was new is one of them.

Saw Sting on Jonathon Ross, turned 50 he is. I remember seeing him in the late 70s when was still an ex-teacher called Gordon.

Likewise Sir Bob, and Ian Dury. And the venues weren't even 3/4 full.

M*A*S*H*

Loved it, saw every episode. There are distinct advantages to this being old...er business, and watching classic TV when it was new is one of them.

Saw Sting on Jonathon Ross, turned 50 he is. I remember seeing him in the late 70s when was still an ex-teacher called Gordon.

Likewise Sir Bob, and Ian Dury. And the venues weren't even 3/4 full.

Did you ever watch Kung Fu with David Carradine? :wub: We bought JP the DVDs as we guessed he would like them & have watched them all together. Sorry I know this is O/T but its your thread so we can wander at will! :lol:

I'd love to go, but I've already booked so many weekends off work over the summer that I don't think I could do it until at least November.

Did you ever watch Kung Fu with David Carradine? :wub: We bought JP the DVDs as we guessed he would like them & have watched them all together. Sorry I know this is O/T but its your thread so we can wander at will! :lol:

Glasshopper! Oooooo, that was very sad, that programme. :tearful::lol:

~ Mel ~

JP thinks Kwai Chang Cain is wonderful - so quiet & calm, but don't mess with him! :ninja:

Was that his name? I only rememeber he had ping pong balls for eyes! :o

~ Mel ~

Nononono, you are thinking of I think it was Master Po? The blind guy who teaches Grasshopper! David Carradine was KCC. I wanted to marry him back in the day :wub:

pearl was that back in the day when you could go out and leave your back door open?

or back in the day when you could go to the pictures,have a pint of beer and portion of chips all for 3p? :lol:

reason for edit;i cant spell!!im a silly little oxymoron arent i!!with a bit of luck i will get tired of that joke soon!

Edited by hev

We can pick another weekend...I didn't know you were a thespian daaaarling!

Yes dahling. :) I'll be treading the boards that half term week - (or grass, should I say, as it's outdoors).

Mwah

K x

Nononono, you are thinking of I think it was Master Po? The blind guy who teaches Grasshopper!

There were actually 4 different 'teachers' - all very mystical and deep - identical quadruplets, all blind from birth... You got the surname right & their Christian names were 'Ying', 'Hai', 'Tong' and 'Tiddle', (BNNITO)

Personally I preferred Monkey - 'Nature of Monkey is irrepressable' but got a bit confused about how much I liked Tripitaka...

As well as Tripitaka i also liked Alexandra Basitido in 'The Champions' and Lyndsey Wagner in 'The bionic woman'... so perhaps i had a thing about woment who jumped in slow motion and went 'Boooooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggg'

For the laydeez there was always zebedee - he went Booooooooooooooooooiiiiiiiinnnnnngggggg! too (but not in slo mo)

Though hoppity only went 'diddly-dum-diddly-dee, diddly-dum-diddly-dee'

(thinks.... that'll send the daft old bats off into one of those nostelga trips and we can get back to serious business around here... :whistle: )

Edited by baddad

(BNNITO)

Oh you! WHAT does that mean?????????????????????

Luv, Bear wiv very little brain.

Oh and SM - yes please, depending on the when :thumbs:

Oh you! WHAT does that mean?????????????????????

BNNITO = But not necessarily in that order! :lol: (*sings*) ying tong, ying tong, ying tong, ying tong, ying tong tiddle I po! Spike Milligan if I'm not mistaken! :lol:

~ Mel ~

Personally I preferred Monkey - 'Nature of Monkey is irrepressable' but got a bit confused about how much I liked Tripitaka...

Blimey, now Monkey, that was well weird! What the heck was that all about??!! :wacko::o

~ Mel ~

These ancient series were the beginning of my fascination with ancient China!

And The Water Margin, remember the Outlaws of the Marshes? :ninja:

Monkey was a 16th century novel by Wu Ch'eng-en, using characters from Chinese mythology, I have a copy of the text, in the Chinese section of the house library. If I live long enough after I retire, I'm going to learn Mandarin..... :rolleyes:

and Icelandic.

But that's a different section of the library.

Having a job gets in the way of having a life you know, I want to buy and watch Kung Fu now, the entire series.

Might have to settle for egg fried rice tonight instead. :tearful:

pearl was that back in the day when you could go out and leave your back door open?

or back in the day when you could go to the pictures,have a pint of beer and portion of chips all for 3p? :lol:

Yes my child. We lived in a paper bag & rubbed gravel in our hair for breakfast.