pearl

Giant rabbit spotted in Lancashire!

So there I was in the pet shop buying my mums doggie a litter tray (well its worth a try I suppose) when this HUUUUUGE :robbie: came loping round the corner & scared the bejesus out of me. I mean, you could have put a saddle on this thing. Turns out it was a giant French wabbit, not some hallucination brought on by too many jaffa cakes, & they live in your house & you take them for walks etc. It came right up to me, sniffed my toes & decided to let me live. Phew!

I was looking for a piccie but it wont let me copy it, however there were LOADS of for sale ads, I have this image of thousands of terrorised families confined to one room of their houses while Bugs commandeers the sofa & drinks all the beer!

omg pearl I would have been terrified :o ! I've got a real phobia about rabbits. I used to think they were these cute little furry things until..... When my dd turned 4 she wanted a rabbit so off we went to the pet shop and picked out the cutest little baby bunny. Well we read the books and had everything set up, got it home and did everything you are supposed to do. After a couple of weeks it started attacking your face with it's claws whenever anyone tried to pick it up. Then one day I was cleaning out the hutch and it attacked the brush and ripped it to shreds :o . It then sunk it's teeth into my husbands hand and started taking big running leaps and flying through the air. It went completely bonkers. So we put it in a box and took it to the vets and explained that we had this vicious mad rabbit and he looked at me as if I was evil personfied and was about to turn me into RSPCA but thenh lifted the lid on the box and the rabbit literally flew through the air and landed on a tray of instruments then attacked him when he tried to catch it :lol: H said 'aaaah, I see what you mean' :rolleyes:

We left it with the vet to 'sort out' and vowed never again would we be taken in by something that has to live in a hutch .

My dd still has a faint scar along her cheek from where it attacked her.

This rabbit was no bigger than my hand, so the thought of coming accross a giant one gives me the colliewobbles!

Flo' :rolleyes:

*nods* I reckon if it got together with all its huge furry mates, they could take over the world ....

Mind you we had a psychotic hamster once & that was teeny, nevertheless it bit right down to the bone of my index finger :sick:

Lancashire Hotpot.

Move these posts to the cooking thread.

Viva la guinea pig!

Not designed for flying, leaping or acrobatics of any sort. More like a Tribble with a face. (Trekkie ref)

You could feed the five thousand with this monster & still have doggie bags to take home :lol:

Now stop distracting me, I'm watching a video on how to measure your bra size - well not YOUR bra size, obviously :lol:

Turns out it was a giant French wabbit, not some hallucination brought on by too many jaffa cakes, ...

I have this image of thousands of terrorised families confined to one room of their houses while Bugs commandeers the sofa & drinks all the beer!

eeef it eez ze French wabbit eet weel steal all ze Wine, not ze beer, and it will steenk ze 'ouse out with ze garlic pong, ma oui! :o:shame: And eet will complain if eets carrots aren't glazed with ze beurr and fainly jopped shallots! Non! Sacre bleu! Mon dieu! Zoot allure! Quick - 'ide ze money under ze soap!

We must fight back! Let's send a counter-attack of fine, upstanding (well, waddling) Aylesbury ducklings and beat the French at their own game. I don't mean ordinary ducks - I mean special, supersized irradiated ducks (you've seen 'attack of the fifty foot woman? well that was radiation wwhat did that it was... and 'Them' was giant irradiated ants... the French probably got the idea for the wabbits from this 1960's B-Movie called 'the Night of The Lepus') wot make Orville look like (erm... the only really ickle duck i can think of is the one in the Tom & Jerry cartoons who goes 'Mamma' when he hatches out and sees Tom - but i don't know his name. If you know his name insert it here, or if you can think of any other small ducks who might fight the bill (haha - sorry about that :rolleyes: ) PM me and I will edit it in)...

these will be dirt great big, tommy-gun toting killing machine ducks and they will tear into the ranks of these puny by comparison so called 'Giant' rabbits and make mincemeat (or, casserole, more likely) out of them... and we will taunt the silly French invaders from afar, raising our voices as one in the time honoured Elmer Fudd tradition, singing 'We want wabbit stew, wabbit stew, wabbit stew,, we want wabbit stew, waaaaaabbbit steeeeeeeeewwwww! ah ha ha ha ha' and then..............................

OUCH! i've pulled a muscle in my brain :tearful:

I'm going to have a lie down...

Oh george.... :robbie: He's my little bunny wabbit and i will hug him and kiss him and pet him.........

(see, i love 'em really - even big fat french ones!)

:D

I used to know a nice bunny - which was bigger than the jack russell living with it :blink: toilet trained and everything he was - used to take him out on a lead n everyfing. Much better behaved than his owner! :devil:

Only downside - it used to cr*p in your shoes......... :sick: .........the rabbitt, not the owner.....

Pearl - that clip is hysterical! :notworthy::lol:

BD - you are insain mannnnnnnn........ thought you were leaving off the vino on weekdays???

:lol:

'Babe' me thinks........ As in the farmers wife in the film - not one...... :hypno:

Oh bliddy-heck - should not try typing whilst tired..........lol

Viva la guinea pig!

Not designed for flying, leaping or acrobatics of any sort

Giant Guinea Pig

Looks like a kind of furry pouffe :lol:

Warren, the inner workings of your mind are seriously disturbing sometimes :lol:

Or.... Useful things to do with a rabbit ... part 2

I hadn't thought about them escaping & breeding in the wild, omg :unsure: I'm bad enough with cows!

Or... useful things to do with a rabbit part 3

As for them breeding in the wild, you just cut their ears off...

ears?

Yes ears, The lady rabbits can't hear the boy rabbits' chat up lines...

Oh - and just goes to show the difference a comma makes:

Giant rabbit, spotted, in Lancashire:

comma

Edited by baddad

Did you know that if you eat just rabbit you die? I'm glad to see you have some carrot in your pie ...

I guess I'm alone in liking rabbits (alive) then? :unsure: I used to have a cross between a giant hare and an English spot - huge and cute and went for walks on a lead :) I plan to have a couple of rabbits when I have my own place to live in. :robbie: :robbie:

Did you know that if you eat just rabbit you die?

That's Quite Interesting :);)

I'm going on a rabbit diet - you don't eat anything, just talk about it :)

Edited by baddad

I'm going on a rabbit diet - you don't eat anything, just talk about it :)

AHA :o:dance: I KNEW you were part of Chas and Dave :dance::lol:

Yeah ...........know what you mean now Floz.....its not Bill Oddie he looks like after all :rolleyes:

:lol::lol:

I'm assuming all you bunny murderererers are familiar with the books of bunny suicides? :unsure:

Just in case you're not:

Death by DVD player

Death by drowning

I think working out what happenns to Mr Wabbit in this one is in the ASD folk physics test!!!

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Now I have a question about death by rabbit eating - if the rabbit has literally just eaten a bunch of carrots and still has carrot stuffing, will you still die? :unsure:

Now I have a question about death by rabbit eating - if the rabbit has literally just eaten a bunch of carrots and still has carrot stuffing, will you still die? :unsure:

Is it the lack of vegetables that causes the problem on an all-bunny diet, or the lack of essential fats?

And you probably need to eat rabbit constantly and forever before the lack of nutritional balance gets you.

I like rabbits, despite their habit of digging and scratching, I just prefer guinea pigs. But not capybaras or that other giant rodent species that was living wild in the fens until recently whose name escapes me...

Edited by Bard

AHA :o:dance: I KNEW you were part of Chas and Dave :dance::lol:

I've got just one thing to asy to you (and suze)...

You've got more rabbit than saintsbury's, why don't you give it a rest?...

Hmmm... rabbit stuffed with carrots - I guess it would depend if you ate it's intestines or not? Personally, I'd be inclined to leave them on the side of the plate, but it takes allsorts...

Now one I can answer... it it had been feasting on celery instead of carrots then verily you would snuff it, for celery, I was told at a party by a girl who came to regret it, is a "negative" food - one where you use more calories chewing and digesting it than you actually getfrom eating it. So... logically, if you ate a rabbit that had eaten celery exclusively then you'd be getting a 'double whammy' effect and would starve even quicker...

But - would a rabbit eating nothing but celery starve to death, or does its size / metabolism mean it does get some nutritional value?

Bard - i don't think you would have to eat rabbit forever to succumb, as you'd probably die of natural causes while the experiment was running! On QI they suggested that it has actually happened to fur trappers who only ate rabbit and slowly wasted away...

Warren, the inner workings of your mind are seriously disturbing sometimes :lol:

mmmmm maybe i need to see a shrink :lol: :lol:

Oh, i already do see a shrink!! :ph34r:

Anyway let the madness continue!!!

We need to STRIKE BACK!!

Before the bunnies take over!!

Ive got the first bunny in my sights below:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/warr...itsights2-1.jpg

Gonna be a bit dim now but is that a piccie of you in the back of the car?? :unsure: ..............looks a bit like you :unsure: ..

................................like the cuddly bunnies :thumbs:

HELP I'VE BEEN OVER-RUN BY KILLER RABBITS!!!

Its come down to hand to hand combat in the back of my car as i struggle to regain control!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/warr...r/bunnycar1.jpg

Awwww cute bunnies :robbie: :robbie: Are you bringing the bunnies to Greenwich - they'll have plenty of fresh grass to nibble on :eat:

Warren, did you get someone else to take that pic of you being molested by bunnies?

And if so, what reason did you give them? :lol:

Gonna be a bit dim now but is that a piccie of you in the back of the car??

yes it is :lol:

Warren, did you get someone else to take that pic of you being molested by bunnies?

And if so, what reason did you give them? :lol:

Yes :lol:

It was taken about a year ago when i was at a survivors meet and all the girlies saw the rabbits and wanted photos with the rabbits.

Ive no friends down here to take a similer "attacked by rabbits" photo so used that old one. I think id get definite "psycho" comments if i asked someone to take a photo for me :lol:

I used to have 4 of the giant bunnies but kids keep nicking them after comeing up and crying :lol: one of those kids is 14 the other 21 :lol: I shall kidnapthe bunnies back soon!!!

The shock on the police mens face when they see them is amusing.

AARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I read this thread at work friday night, looked at the link that saw the bunnies attacking that lady and blow me...

when I went home to sleep saturday day all I kept dreaming about were....................

GIANT RABBITS chasing me and not allowing me to leave work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tons of the bl!ddy things.

I'm never going to look at the limited links work comps allow us to see EVER again :lol:

I was considering putting up a link of my rabbits mosaic (my DD is rabbit mad) but if it's going to give people nightmares then I think I'll desist. :o (Don't know how to do it anyway!)