Sign in to follow this  
JenRose

Feeling very weepy about tribunal tomorrow

i honestly thought they may have dropped out today like all the other 3 times but no.

i dont know why im upset, i know we have a good case and an excellent Psych.

this afternoon i received a reply from the lea about our complaint over nursery putting dd in education all day when we were paying for a daycare

place in the morning and education is free in the afternoon.

she says most parents view it as a positive thing that their child is going into education and just cos she has been going in there doesnt mean she has

been receiving extra help, but they wont tell me what they have been doing with her or what days she was going in.

i know they sent it today to stress me out and theyve succeeded.

im not accepting their excuses though cos we signed a contract and have been paying nearly 100 quid a week for a daycare place when she,s been getting educated in the school bit all day.

just rambling and feeling sorry for myself. :tearful:

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

It's really tough and I'm not surprised you're feeling weepy at this stage. Try and stay strong for one day more, Jen Rose: you can do it. :ninja:

They may yet drop out, but obviously you can't rely on that, so go in there fighting and be prepared to have your say.

Thinking of you,

K x

It's understandable to be feeling weepy - you've been waiting for this a long time and worked hard to get to this point.

You're doing the right thing and tomorrow the tribunal will look at everything - including any last minute upsets - and you will be able to put your case - finally - to the right people.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, Jenrose, and sending lots of :pray: :pray: :pray: and >:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'> your way.

All the best,

Lizzie xx

Try and get a decent nights sleep and have a relaxed and filling breakfast in the morning. Very best of luck. Hope it goes well. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

:star: You can do it hun >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Go get 'em! :fight:

Give yourself a time to stop preparing this evening - then have a bath and get some rest. And stick a notepad by your bed so you can squiggle stuff down if you think of it >:D<<'> .

I know your feelings but you can do it >:D<<'> you've come this far already >:D<<'> and if you don't fight for your child chances are they wont get the provision they need, cos no other ###### will do it.

Try to get a good nights sleep tonight and have a good brekkie in the morning. I'm feeling quite annoyed myself as i've now been waiting 19 working days since my tribunal and the results are usually out within 10 working days.

I will be thinking of you tomorrow but just try to stay calm at all times, take care and remember you're doing your best >:D<<'>

Jen >:D<<'>

Spend tonight just chilling out. Watch some tv, read a book, have a long relaxing bubble bath, get some sleep and get up early to focus your thoughts.

You can do this, and you can't prepare anymore, you know the case inside and out.

Show them (the panel) that you are a mother trying to get the right thing done for her child, this isn't a hobby or something you are doing for fun. You're not a solicitor, or an EP, you're a parent and you are relying on them for some justice within the education system. Don't actually say this, just show it in your manner.

Stay calm,

Stay focussed,

Don't lose your temper,

Cry if you want to but ask for a break when you get like that,

If you don't understand something say so

If you need some time and privacy to rifle through your papers to find the right evidence to back up a point or just need to time to gather your thoughts, ask for a break

Don't interupt (you will always have a chance to answer any points of contention)

The truth will out.

Good luck for tomorrow. Will be thinking of you. Hopefully if you have a morning hearing it should be over by lunch time (assessment tribunals don't normally go on all day).

Please let us know how it goes.

Will be keeping everything crossed.

Flora XXX

im calm.

ive put away my tribunal papers, ive done enough now.

our indpendent psych has just emailed me to say his statement and notes are ready and so is he!!! he says its going to be a breeze.

DH has treated me to some lovely body shop goodies, ive got some new moisturising day and night cream, peppermint foot lotion and scrub, moringa body butter,perfume and lovely warming mineral mask which im going to put on and chill with and some new mascara and a lipstick.

isnt he a darling!!!!

it was their email that upset me, but then it was designed to, making me out to not be caring about dd when thats just rubbish, i dont know how these people sleep at night they are so devious and nasty sometimes but never mind...................

some other good news is that mikes independent school have asked the lea to let their ed psych come in and perform some cognitive tests on him, now his anxiety has gone down they want an accurate IQ because they want to know if there is more they can be doing, also his key worker and teacher both phoned me on friday and said they cant 100% confirm it but they think he,s going to get level 5,s for his sats and maybe a level 4 for literacy!!!!!

not bad for a boy who wouldnt come out of his bedroom for months and didnt go to school for 2 years!!!! im so proud of him, we are going to buy him

a nintendo WII for all his hard work, cant wait to see his face!!!!!

thanks again

jen

x

Best best of luck for tomorrow, I,ll be thinking about you :dance: , praying for you :pray: , and keeping everything crossed :clap: , you can do it , please let us know how it went, go get em girl :ninja:

Just think were you were a year ago hun. You and your kids have come so far and fought so hard I think the way your lad has come on shows you and your hubby were right . I think you are fantastic :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

But you have worked and prepared for

You have a fantastic indep psych on your side who wants you to win

Just try and keep calm and remember in a few hours it will all be over

You also have a lot of friends here who are on your side and supporting you :notworthy:

Go get them girl :ninja::ninja::ninja: